Brechin City -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

Sorry and i know i will take a lot of flack for this but talking about the issues does not deal with them. 

We had 120 fans there and approximately 100 of them let this behaviour carry on.

They did not personally challenge the behaviour, identify the individuals to police or stewards or get them kicked if the bus for the return trip. Fans were removed from the stadium were the ejected from the return bus or allowed back on?

This is the equivalent to walking by a mugging as you dont want to get involved or watching a girl get plied with drink and not making sure she got home safely. 

Responsibility means we have the ability to choose our response and not just observe and bitch afterwards. 

Was at a game down south in 80s when a fan threw an object from amongst  about 400 people.  To a man everyone behind him pointed at him and identified him to the police. 

The poor  behaviour is a breach of your personal standards and if you do not directly stand up to it at the time you become complicit. 

Can i break the red card record with this post?

why should other fans get involved when the police/stewards has already taken names of people that they believed to be causing trouble and ejected them from the stadium?

I agree that people caught with smoke bombs should be punished accordingly but several posts on this site seem to be singling out fans just because of their age? just because someone is a certain age it doesn't mean they go to football to cause trouble. (That is more a general reply to a few posts I've seen on here)

Also, I don't think leaving someone in Brechin (especially a child) would achieve anything. Two wrongs don't make a right

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Sorry and i know i will take a lot of flack for this but talking about the issues does not deal with them. 

We had 120 fans there and approximately 100 of them let this behaviour carry on.

They did not personally challenge the behaviour, identify the individuals to police or stewards or get them kicked if the bus for the return trip. Fans were removed from the stadium were the ejected from the return bus or allowed back on?

This is the equivalent to walking by a mugging as you dont want to get involved or watching a girl get plied with drink and not making sure she got home safely. 

Responsibility means we have the ability to choose our response and not just observe and bitch afterwards. 

Was at a game down south in 80s when a fan threw an object from amongst  about 400 people.  To a man everyone behind him pointed at him and identified him to the police. 

The poor  behaviour is a breach of your personal standards and if you do not directly stand up to it at the time you become complicit. 

Can i break the red card record with this post?

Ok going to bite here? Were you there? If not this is compete and utter twaddle.

The chairman and the COO were both there and saw for themselves. Most of our support was outside and this was happening in one of the stands. (there were 2 available). Actually some fans did intervene!  How do you know no one intervened? The stewards and police did no look like they  needed our involvement to me. No one was complicit we let the folk who are employed to sort this out  get on with their job. How do you know all the folk were on the bus? Also not sure leaving anybody in Brechin especially U16s a great idea? I assume there is CCTV footage available?

Personally think this is being dealt with correctly.  With evidence and a clear head by the club.

Edited by old caley girl
Bad grammer
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, InvernessCT19 said:

why should other fans get involved when the police/stewards has already taken names of people that they believed to be causing trouble and ejected them from the stadium?

I agree that people caught with smoke bombs should be punished accordingly but several posts on this site seem to be singling out fans just because of their age? just because someone is a certain age it doesn't mean they go to football to cause trouble. (That is more a general reply to a few posts I've seen on here)

Also, I don't think leaving someone in Brechin (especially a child) would achieve anything. Two wrongs don't make a right

Agree with most of this. Unfortunately the folk we are talking about were young here. However agree not all young folk set out to cause problems.

• Agree 2

Talk about making mountains out of molehills.  I was in pretty close proximity to the events on Saturday and the hysteria this has generated (often by folk who weren't even at the game) is frankly beyond belief.

The Young Team let off two smoke bombs, one at kick-off and another after our first goal.  The first one set the stewards into apoplexy and a complete over reaction which set the tone for the afternoon.  The police arrived shortly before the second smoke bomb was released and again their reaction was way over the top, throwing their weight around with some very young lads.  I would love to see both the stewards and police employ these tactics with a larger, older, group of boisterous fans.  The stewards and police try it on with ICT fans because we're small in number and the general locus of any incidents are very young and not particularly intimidating (no offence boys).  Different story when the Old Firm, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc are playing up.  This over zealous, bullying behaviour is witnessed at away grounds the length and breadth of the country and winds me up a great deal more than the Young Team's histrionics.

As far as I'm concerned the Chairman's comments are unnecessary and are merely drawing attention to an issue that is hardly worthy of mention.  I would suggest Mr. Rae's energies would be better focussed on addressing more pressing matters which impact the viability and long term future of our club rather than whipping up hysteria around a few over exuberant teenagers.

The hand wringing, bed wetters amongst our support demanding fan intervention, bans and such like really need to give their heads a shake.  I've watched football all over Europe and the ultra scene undeniably enhances the match day experience at grounds across the continent.  The reaction to pyrotechnics and such like by our European neighbours is a great deal more proportionate to the knee-jerk hysteria spouted on here.  Personally I would question if letting off smoke bombs at Glebe Park is entirely necessary but then again it's hardly crime of the century.  Some folk on here need to put this incident in perspective - no one was arrested, no one was injured, there were no violent disturbances and the City of Brechin remains largely intact. 

The demonization of the Young Team on here is unrelenting and way over the top - they are daft laddies trying to generate a bit of much needed noise and atmosphere amongst the pandrop sooking ICT masses.  They maybe need to address their negative PR by calming down with the smoke bombs but they are very far from a mob of rampaging hooligans and people need to chill out and cut them a bit of slack. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 4

If anyone who was at the Brechin game was at the elgin friendly pre season the young lads did the same let of a smoke bomb there and the reaction from the stewards there was impeccable they put it in a bucket of water and continued to talk chat and engage positively with the group there was no mass hysteria involved here. I would suggest having worked as a police officer that the stewards need to be better trained on how to handle groups of people who are out to enjoy themselves and if they can't control a small group of teenagers they really should get a new job.   I have policed aberdeen Rangers matches where hatred violence and pure rage were the order of the day involving us to dawn full riot gear. Perspective is needed.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 2

BBC Article on this is an absolute shocker.  Mr Rae's OTT and ill considered statement pounced on by media and a non event is portrayed as some sort of breakdown of western civilisation. Great start from our illustrious leader. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, ymip said:

Talk about making mountains out of molehills.  I was in pretty close proximity to the events on Saturday and the hysteria this has generated (often by folk who weren't even at the game) is frankly beyond belief.

The Young Team let off two smoke bombs, one at kick-off and another after our first goal.  The first one set the stewards into apoplexy and a complete over reaction which set the tone for the afternoon.  The police arrived shortly before the second smoke bomb was released and again their reaction was way over the top, throwing their weight around with some very young lads.  I would love to see both the stewards and police employ these tactics with a larger, older, group of boisterous fans.  The stewards and police try it on with ICT fans because we're small in number and the general locus of any incidents are very young and not particularly intimidating (no offence boys).  Different story when the Old Firm, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc are playing up.  This over zealous, bullying behaviour is witnessed at away grounds the length and breadth of the country and winds me up a great deal more than the Young Team's histrionics.

As far as I'm concerned the Chairman's comments are unnecessary and are merely drawing attention to an issue that is hardly worthy of mention.  I would suggest Mr. Rae's energies would be better focussed on addressing more pressing matters which impact the viability and long term future of our club rather than whipping up hysteria around a few over exuberant teenagers.

The hand wringing, bed wetters amongst our support demanding fan intervention, bans and such like really need to give their heads a shake.  I've watched football all over Europe and the ultra scene undeniably enhances the match day experience at grounds across the continent.  The reaction to pyrotechnics and such like by our European neighbours is a great deal more proportionate to the knee-jerk hysteria spouted on here.  Personally I would question if letting off smoke bombs at Glebe Park is entirely necessary but then again it's hardly crime of the century.  Some folk on here need to put this incident in perspective - no one was arrested, no one was injured, there were no violent disturbances and the City of Brechin remains largely intact. 

The demonization of the Young Team on here is unrelenting and way over the top - they are daft laddies trying to generate a bit of much needed noise and atmosphere amongst the pandrop sooking ICT masses.  They maybe need to address their negative PR by calming down with the smoke bombs but they are very far from a mob of rampaging hooligans and people need to chill out and cut them a bit of slack. 

I wasn't at the game, but my Wife was...she tells me that the stewarding/police were heavy handed, but I would agree that the idiots who think it's ok to let flares/smoke bombs off probably set the tone...I have ZERO sympathy for the ar#*holes who ley of the flares..way to go, giving tbe club a bad name!!

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, ymip said:

BBC Article on this is an absolute shocker.  Mr Rae's OTT and ill considered statement pounced on by media and a non event is portrayed as some sort of breakdown of western civilisation. Great start from our illustrious leader. 

SFA warning letter received ... what exactley is he supposed to do?! Seriously you need to do some serious growing up.

• Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, ymip said:

What about the air conditioning unit that was ripped out and broken on the bus on the way home? Anything to say about that?  What about if the club was fined as a result? Still just banter?

The young guys do brilliantly in trying to create an atmosphere but the fact is that smoke bombs are banned from football grounds. On this occasion it was just stupid and unnecessary behaviour.

• Agree 3
  • Facepalm 1

Other clubs operate a zero tolerance policy when it comes to smoke bombs and flares ... they follow it up with 12 month bans for those responsible with the following ban being 5 years and then life. Think we should implement this as a club too.

As for damage on the bus ... well those repsonsible should be banned from accessing the cheap subsidised transport for the season. Can't see them paying out £60 a time to get to some of the away games so that would deal with that element of the undesirable supporters.

Everything we do while supporting the club, wearing club colours etc reflects directly back on the club. We can barely pay the wages of the players we have without having to fork out money for needless fines from the SFA. By all means bring an atmosphere of support but don't act like a bunch of NEDS - we all lose out in the end.

• Agree 7

22 hours ago, ymip said:

The Young Team let off two smoke bombs, one at kick-off and another after our first goal.  The first one set the stewards into apoplexy and a complete over reaction which set the tone for the afternoon.  

The hand wringing, bed wetters amongst our support demanding fan intervention, bans and such like really need to give their heads a shake.  I've watched football all over Europe and the ultra scene undeniably enhances the match day experience at grounds across the continent.  

Continually referring to yourselves as the Young Team and Ultras :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The tone for the afternoon was set not by the stewards but by the very opening words you wrote. Learn to behave, act within the law and the rules then nobody will 'over react'. Perhaps its clear the stewards haven't been heavy handed enough - perhaps if this was the continent then the no-nonsence approach of batton wielding riot police knocking 7 shades out of you all might make you think again. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

17 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Continually referring to yourselves as the Young Team and Ultras :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The tone for the afternoon was set not by the stewards but by the very opening words you wrote. Learn to behave, act within the law and the rules then nobody will 'over react'. Perhaps its clear the stewards haven't been heavy handed enough - perhaps if this was the continent then the no-nonsence approach of batton wielding riot police knocking 7 shades out of you all might make you think again. 

Hahahaha.....as I'm well into my 40s I don't think I qualify as "Young Team".  Try reading what I wrote without jumping to conclusions.  I was in relatively close proximity to the youngsters and could clearly see what was going on - as opposed to the travel rug brigade who were tucking into a fruit scone back in the sneck and have been pontificating on here ever since.  

MASSIVE over reaction to a nothing event which elicits a modern day media feeding frenzy.  Did no one on here actually go to the football in the 1980s/early 1990s when things really did get out of hand on occasion - get some perspective people. 

Old Team #1

Edited by ymip
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic