Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

Disappointed to lose a goal.  Described as a 'horror show'.  Donaldson shortish with a pass back and Ridgers panicky clearance cannons off Aberdeen player into the net.  

This type of goal surprises no-one.  If OFW is still at the club get him in Nets. Hopefully Warren is fit next week too.

39 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Trafford now suspended for next week's crucial league game. So glad we played a full strength side!

Screenshot_20170902-164833.jpg

Not sure what team you support?.......do you??????

Edited by CaleyMax
  • Agree 1

Just now, CaleyMax said:

Not sure what team you support?.......do you!!!!!!!

I am an ICTFC fan. When the manager makes naive decisions then I will express my view on that. We have lost Seedorf and Trafford to injury and suspension in the last week due to such decisions.

I am glad we saw the return of Tremarco today - hopefully his return shores us up at the back.

Just now, Muzzy said:

I would rather we played a strong team and get a confidence boosting result along with progressing in a cup rather than embarassingly lose to an U20 side

100% agree with that - we have previously won this cup & I had a great day out at McDairmaid park - despite PumpFake wanting us to fail, I hope we can get a good run in the Irn-Bru cup &, who knows, win it! Happy omens if we did - last time we did, we won the league & promotion to the Premier (along with a Scottish Cup semi final) with a certain J Roberston in charge. ..

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy said:

I would rather we played a strong team and get a confidence boosting result along with progressing in a cup rather than embarassingly lose to an U20 side

Fair enough, but you're completely missing my point. Our goal should be to get out of the league and anything that makes that less likely should be deprioritised, in my view. As I posted in the other thread, it is rare for a team to win both competitions in a single season - only Rangers have done it in the last decade, with a much bigger squad than us. Looking at the other results of the big clubs who have been relegated recently, Hearts were knocked out of the Challenge Cup at the first hurdle and ran away with the league. Dundee United won the Cup last year and are still in the Championship this year.

If we have to sacrifice the calf to keep the cow alive, we should do so. I will say no more on this as it's clear that it is not a popular opinion amongst the happy-clappers on here.

2 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Your personal experience and powers of judgement must indeed be vast if you are in a position to describe the manager's decisions as "naïve".

Charles, playing a bounce game against a bunch of Army cloggers which has resulted in Seedorf's injury was naive. Keeping our only holding midfielder (who was on a booking) on the pitch today when the game was won was also naive. I struggle to see how anyone could argue against that.

13 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Fair enough, but you're completely missing my point. Our goal should be to get out of the league and anything that makes that less likely should be deprioritised, in my view. As I posted in the other thread, it is rare for a team to win both competitions in a single season - only Rangers have done it in the last decade, with a much bigger squad than us. Looking at the other results of the big clubs who have been relegated recently, Hearts were knocked out of the Challenge Cup at the first hurdle and ran away with the league. Dundee United won the Cup last year and are still in the Championship this year.

If we have to sacrifice the calf to keep the cow alive, we should do so. I will say no more on this as it's clear that it is not a popular opinion amongst the happy-clappers on here.

I agree our main aim is of course the league but it doesn't mean we shouldn't make the effort at this stage in the season in a cup competition. A defeat today would have been a shocker and to keep confidence high we want to keep winning games.

• Agree 3

Very much a game of two halves.  First half we looked pretty comfortable and had all but put the game to bed against a pretty shaky Dons side. Second half was very disappointing and highlighted how weak we are in defence. We also appear to lack a cutting edge up front. The goals we're scoring are coming from midfield. 

As far as I can see we have signed some very average players and look particularly fragile at the back. Communication  between a very unconvincing keeper and similarly limited defenders looks very suspect and needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency.

Good to see Tremarco back and scoring. 

One player I do like the look of is Trafford but his needless reaction to an appalling tackle from Frank Ross which led to a red card for both players was totally unnecessary and hugely frustrating. 

I'm praying for an away game in Ireland in next round. Only chance of European football we're likely to experience for the foreseeable future. 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic