Scotty

2 hours ago, PumpFake said:

Trafford now suspended for next week's crucial league game. So glad we played a full strength side!

Screenshot_20170902-164833.jpg

Absolutely nothing wrong with the decision to field a strong team or this new player, so that this new team can improve and develop better understanding with each other ahead of some crunch games.

The problem was Trafford's needless, aggressive reaction to a challenge on a teammate, when we were 4-1 up in the closing stages of a minor game against a bunch of teenagers. What was he doing? His previous yellow was also unnecessary under the circumstances of what was being played as a bounce game. I presume he'll be getting a bollocking from the manager, he deserves it. He was playing well until then and will be an important player, when he's available.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, PumpFake said:

Trafford now suspended for next week's crucial league game. So glad we played a full strength side!

Screenshot_20170902-164833.jpg

Trafford is free to play next week. Seeing as how he wasn't given a straight red for violent conduct or for spitting, but 2 yellows. He's only suspended for the next game in the challenge cup.  Dont know where you found the information you've quoted, but if what you have quoted was the proper rules. How come when Tremarco got a red in the cup final. he was only banned for the following scottish cup game, and not the first league game the following season?

Edited by Murphyscot
adding further information
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Murphyscot said:

Trafford is free to play next week. Seeing as how he wasn't given a straight red for violent conduct or for spitting, but 2 yellows. He's only suspended for the next game in the challenge cup.  Dont know where you found the information you've quoted, but if what you have quoted was the proper rules. How come when Tremarco got a red in the cup final. he was only banned for the following scottish cup game, and not the first league game the following season?

SPFL website - but you're right, they only apply to violent conduct etc., which is fortunate.

St. Mirren barely squeaked past Hearts U20s today so I'd be disappointed if we don't take something from that game.

1 minute ago, PumpFake said:

SPFL website - but you're right, they only apply to violent conduct etc., which is fortunate.

St. Mirren barely squeaked past Hearts U20s today so I'd be disappointed if we don't take something from that game.

That's one of your arguments countered then...I'm glad Robbo played a full strength team today...considering we've a fairly new squad which hasn't quite gelled yet, we need as many competitive games as possible...

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

That's one of your arguments countered then...I'm glad Robbo played a full strength team today...considering we've a fairly new squad which hasn't quite gelled yet, we need as many competitive games as possible...

My argument will only be proved wrong if we get no injuries / carry-over suspensions in the Challenge Cup this season and go on a confident winning run in the league based on our team gelling in these extra games. In which case, I will be delighted. ?

From my perspective - We have a team that is new and gelling. It makes total sense to try and put out the perceived, favoured 11 - Training is training and is not match fit preparation - 8 goals in the last 2 games - much needed wins and confidence building - keeps us in a cup which is probably by far our best chance of progressing far in - or potential for a juicy draw in the next round - return of Tremarco - players get injured in any game or training so that is simply unfortunate - Robbo continues to be honest and forthright. And last but not least this was the first weekend in a long time - Scotland and ICT - that I have actually felt good. :clapoverhead::ictscarf:

• Agree 2

While it is great we have scored 8 goals in the last 2 games i am not getting carried away as we need to remember we have played Brechin & Youth Aberdeen Team but why is our Strikers not scoring but goals are goals. What really concerns me is Defence (or lack of ) its the worst i can remember it ever being Yes its great Carl is back but how long can we hang on to him my sources say the Mob from over the bridge want him in January they are to watch him until then to see how he is after his injury. Great that Warren is back but then he gets injured again given his age i think we will see less and less of him now. Interesting in his interview Robbo blamed everyone but Ridgers for Aberdeen's 1st Goal and can anyone tell me WTF is happening with OFW? I see he was not warming the Wales bench last night like he has been for last couple of years we had better not put Cammy out on loan this year Goalkeeping has been Rank since big Deano got injured.Would love to see what the feck they do in training to have so many injuries last couple of years or is it poor treatment/physio ? Other teams players do seem to bounch back quicker with injuries.

Hard to read too much into performances against such a low standard of opposition, but I thought the midfield was (as usual, for this season) the strongest part of the team, all playing well with Vigurs being the pick of the bunch and MotM.

Defence had too many shaky moments for my liking. Raven was the only starter who looked sufficiently solid and reliable, and obviously Tremarco was Tremarco. Hopefully we won't see much more of Chalmers, he was a weak link. Donaldson was better than I expected but I think he was at fault for the first goal, whilst I'm pretty sure Elsdon should have done better to stop the second. McKay just doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Ridgers had a very good game with 2 impressive saves in the first half, but has to accept his share of blame for the farcical 1st goal.

Upfront - Baird played and linked up well enough and had a few near misses, but if he can't score against that lot....

Oakley had a couple of decent balls played to him that should have been scoring opportunities, but he looked like he was running through treacle. At the moment it just doesn't look like any of our forwards will be amongst the league's top scorers, or even our own top scorers, something which will need to change if we are to become a top 4 side.

Great to see the return of Carl Tremarco, a player who has been sorely missed from the team for his goals, energy and determination, I hope we can hold on to him when he gets back to his best. Can anyone tell me if Carl was formally presented with his ICT player of the year trophy for last season? I heard they were going to present it to him at the start of this season.

Yes, I too welcome the return of Tremarco.  We have really missed him at the back, not to mention his goals!   It would be a real loss if he were to be tempted away from us, but not exactly surprising.  His rise to stardom with us has been one of the success stories over the past couple of years.  He never got much of a look in when Shinnie was at LB, and there were many on this forum who did not rate him.  Had we lost the Cup Final, I am sure he would have carried a lot of the blame from many folk for being sent off (despite, imo having had a really good match up to that point).  Anyway, I'm delighted that he is back, and let us hope it coincides with a good run of form for ICT.

• Like 1

I too welcome the return if Tremarco. We are not going to score barrowloads of goals this season with the strike force we have so it's important that we tighten up at the back.

A defence including Tremarco, Warren and Raven will go a long way towards achieving that.

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

whilst I'm pretty sure Elsdon should have done better to stop the second

Do you mean where he arced his run back away from both the ball and Aberdeen player, or when he fell on his backside and tried (and failed) to rugby tackle the player with the ball?

We should probably melt him down for glue, but I doubt that would stick to anything either!

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Polo Chick said:

Yes its great Carl is back but how long can we hang on to him my sources say the Mob from over the bridge want him in January they are to watch him until then to see how he is after his injury. 

Come January, Carl may think that if he wants to play Premiership football next season, the better option would be to stay where he is.  On the other hand, my head tells me that's about as likely as Kim Jong-Un being awarded the Nobel Peace prize this year.  If given the opportunity to move OTB I am sure he would jump at the opportunity to join his mate Draper.  They were, after all, together at Macclesfield before coming here just a year apart.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic