St. Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Biggest game of the season so far. How we do will defend on what defensive lineup we put out:

Raven-Warren-Mckay-Tremarco 

or

Anything with Elsdon, Donaldson or Chalmers.

Hope it's a happy journey up the road afterwards for all fans and bus drivers.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, PumpFake said:

Biggest game of the season so far. How we do will defend on what defensive lineup we put out:

or

The former four preferably, but definitely not any more than one of the last three.

1 hour ago, ICTFC said:

Match pricing is as below....full stadium info can be found by visiting https://www.stmirren.com/fans/st-mirren-at-home-and-away/first-time-visitors

170909_stmirren.thumb.png.0805da4db29eb94d55e8e460a301053d.png

I see even St Mirren are using that NAFF "ICTFC Pride of the Higlands" badge. What absolute SH--E!

What a DELIGHT to see that they are not ashamed to use their full title.

Edited by caleyboy

18 hours ago, PumpFake said:

or

Hope it's a happy journey up the road afterwards for all fans and bus drivers.

Well said, PumpFake...couldn't agree more! I'd go with your 1st line up, Eldson doesn't convince at all...could see Tremarco back in at left back, probably Chalmers on the bench?

Video showing goals we conceded against Dons Under 20's reveal weaknesses of Donaldson, Chalmers and Elsdon. 

First goal - Donaldson poor pass back. These things happen, so maybe forgiveable.

Second goal - WTF was Chalmers doing with that kind of a pass back / suicidal pass thing?  Complete madness which led to losing a goal. Kicking out the park and into the hedge would have been better. Also, video shows Elsdon scrambling about like a drunk giraffe. WTF does Robbo see in Elsdon? 

Rest of the team pretty much as per last two matches I would suppose, but no Trafford due to suspension. 

Bell and Oakley up front for me, but I suspect it will be Baird over Bell. 

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Caman said:

Video showing goals we conceded against Dons Under 20's reveal weaknesses of Donaldson, Chalmers and Elsdon. 

First goal - Donaldson poor pass back. These things happen, so maybe forgiveable.

Second goal - WTF was Chalmers doing with that kind of a pass back / suicidal pass thing?  Complete madness which led to losing a goal. Kicking out the park and into the hedge would have been better. Also, video shows Elsdon scrambling about like a drunk giraffe. WTF does Robbo see in Elsdon? 

Rest of the team pretty much as per last two matches I would suppose, but no Trafford due to suspension. 

Think Trafford is suspended for the Peterhead Irn-Bru cup tie & not the St Midden game..

This is going to be a really tough game and will be an indication of how we are progressing. I think we can hold our own in the middle of the park.  Defensively we look like a bomb scare at times though so hopefully a lot of work in training is going on to rectify that. Lack of goals from our forwards seems to be another issue 

Interesting times :ictscarf:

1 hour ago, jagster said:

This is going to be a really tough game and will be an indication of how we are progressing. I think we can hold our own in the middle of the park.  Defensively we look like a bomb scare at times though so hopefully a lot of work in training is going on to rectify that. Lack of goals from our forwards seems to be another issue 

Interesting times :ictscarf:

I would be more than happy to come away with a point from this one - 3 would be fantastic. Very hard fixture..

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post

It will be a hard game for sure but don't forget, Morton put 4 goals past St. Mirren and they were not that impressive when they were up here so not all doom and gloom. Key to this is to have a good defensive performance as we can score goals from anywhere in the team.

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, Caman said:

Surely this sort of faffing around at the back was quite prevalent in the Hughes era...is that a good sign?

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Surely this sort of faffing around at the back was quite prevalent in the Hughes era...is that a good sign?

No.  It's a bad sign.  The faffing about at the back in the Hughes era was tactical faffing about.  It was part of his master plan to keep possession regardless of which direction the ball travelled in.  The current faffing about is because defenders are making mistakes.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

Going out on a limb but i am going to predict a 2 all today . Think score  draw is possible if the team can keep heads high.

Think polworth playing in his correct posotion can cause chaos but think elsdon can do the same....

I would quite happily take that as a result - would love 3 points but that's a big ask, St Midden are a decent team, playing at home...