5 minutes ago, davidg said:

You actually think given the standard of signings so far we would sign 3 decent players? It's time to tell Fon Williams he's playing whether he likes it or not.

I get the impression he'd just stand there and watch the ball go past him into the net - even more than last season! :lol:

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Yngwie said:

I get the impression he'd just stand there and watch the ball go past him into the net - even more than last season! :lol:

Quite possibly but if we're stuck with him we should at least try and get something for our money. Don't know if there is a way to sack a footballer if he refuses to play or not but he couldn't be worse than the present incumbent between the sticks.

9 minutes ago, davidg said:

Don't know if there is a way to sack a footballer if he refuses to play

That would be breach of contract. If, however, the player claims to have some sort of injury or niggle, you can't really do anything as it is pretty much impossible to prove that they are lying. 

17 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

That would be breach of contract. If, however, the player claims to have some sort of injury or niggle, you can't really do anything as it is pretty much impossible to prove that they are lying. 

Difficult but not impossible and time to start that process.

Ok we  lost as expected big deal . 

Defence is poor needs work . But we scored two goals away from home. Thats a huge step forward from last season.  We knew 11 points from first 8 games would be a good total with a reconstructional team so we have to keep the faith and look to have dramatically improved by the time st mirren visit the tcs. 

Havent heard how bad or good individuals in defence were  yet but lots of comments around ridgers. 

This st mirren team are a very potent attacking force so score draw was best i could hope for. 

Was anyone expecting us to win.

• Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Ok we  lost as expected big deal . 

Defence is poor needs work . But we scored two goals away from home. Thats a huge step forward from last season.  We knew 11 points from first 8 games would be a good total with a reconstructional team so we have to keep the faith and look to have dramatically improved by the time st mirren visit the tcs. 

Havent heard how bad or good individuals in defence were  yet but lots of comments around ridgers. 

This st mirren team are a very potent attacking force so score draw was best i could hope for. 

Was anyone expecting us to win.

Good reality check after easy-ish wins against Brechin & Dons U20s...was thinking a score draw would be the best we could have hoped for.

Early days yet, far too early to press the panic button - this team will take time to gel. As for JR (apart from the Raven situation), I think he's as decent a manager as we could have got, given the circunstances.

As for OFW, I honestly can't blame him for spending this season sitting on his posterior this season, as annoying as that is. I've said it before, but I'd love to see Cammy MacKay get a shot in goal, rather than OFW. 

My knowledge of the legalaties of transfer law isn't exactly thorough, but if OFW finds a club, could the club agree to mutually terminate his contract (e.g. release him) & allow him to move? Probably not I would think...

• Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Really? What if it was you yourself that had to pay his wages?

I'm not saying I agree with him or justify in any way what OFW is doing - all I'm saying that if you could get (allegedly...) £2k per week to do nothing for a season...

I'm NOT sticking up for him!!

Full report tomorrow. Our defence other than Warren were an absolute disgrace. How many times did they back track and fail to tackle. Stain Midden deserved to win. It could have been 8-6 and Wullie Gollum was shocking. But what if Bairds early disallowed goal had counted, Warrens clear goal chance header and Polly's shocking miss had gone in ? Polly was my clear MOM and ran fer miles - whilst the luxury of Vigurs showed as he ran for centimetres. Calder is not a Feckin forward. Baird is not a lone front runner. Liked the look of Trafford and Bell looked lively. At 2-2 it could have gone either way. And why did Robbo only use one sub ? Midden were    pacier, far, far more direct, played balls forward instead of our frustrating backwards and forwards. I would play Tremarco and Warren in central defence but we need a confidence inspiring goalkeeper. Ridgers lost us the points.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Maybe not but it would certainly free up enough cash to recruit two very capable players for this level. Just a little quality over quantity is what's needed.

Pity we can't entice Steve Marcella to scout them for us.

he is working for killie

Think some of these comments are a little OTT.

Robertson is in the early phases of a massive rebuilding job. Our budget has been slashed, our best players have left, most of our new signings are inexperienced youngsters who need game time to develop, not 'the finished product'.

Those who are writing Robbo and the lads off already are the kind of people who say they only watched the first 5 episodes of Breaking Bad but gave up as it was too boring.

• Agree 4

So, we've lost to Falkirk, Dunfermline, DU and St Mirren so far this season....I know Falkirk was in the cup, but the point stands. These were the top competitors for honours this season and we've lost to the lot, sometimes heavily. I think we all have to wake up. This season is about rebuilding. OFW is a smokescreen- yes, he's tying up funds, but remind me when the transfer window closed and how many really good players are out there wanting to play for a club in turmoil? That horse bolted in July. We need to accept this is what we have and get some team spirit going with Board, players, manager and fans. It's time for siege mentality, fighting together and stop looking for scapegoats. If we don't, we'll be relegated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Exactly. People ought to realise that we are starting from scratch, building a new team. If we hold our own, stay mid table, then we can progress from there, whether that is in the second half of the season, or next season. We are playing settled teams with good players who have been together for some time. I didn't think we'd get much from today, but we were level pegging until the last quarter, so not too bad and something to build on.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I think you will find that any fault lies with OFW rather than the manager. He has a nerve to describe himself as a professional footballer after his conduct since the Summer. Time we called his bluff and begin steps to hold him in breach of contract and send him on his way.

Your very wide of the truth here I'm afraid.

OFW hasn't refused to play at all it's the other way around John Robertson is refusing to play OFW and would rather keep leaking goals like the titanic than play OFW, the fact that JR hasn't given him a shirt this season, didn't want him on the Team Photo and also makes him train every day by himself points the unprofessional attitude in one direction and I'm afraid that's the manager.

Hes on no where near £2k a week in fact there is Eastleigh players in the English National League currently playing in there first team on nearly double the amount OFW is currently on at ICT.

If OFW had his way he would be playing and be giving 100% to the course to get this club back in the Premiership.

Edited by Steve G
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

I'm not saying I agree with him or justify in any way what OFW is doing - all I'm saying that if you could get (allegedly...) £2k per week to do nothing for a season...

I'm NOT sticking up for him!!

Do you honestly think any Professional Player would honestly sit out at any club by his own choice?

OFW lost his Wales spot due to Robertson refusing to play him again while he's the manager, no player on this earth would purposely refuse to play knowing there International squad place could be at risk and especially with the World Cup around the corner.

Be Realistic please fellow ICT Fans!!!!

• Agree 2

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41133567

Mr. Robertson's remarks in his interview are difficult to comprehend. If the first twenty minutes were all Caley Thistle  but. and our  defence is as poor as the stats indicate why is this?  Is our goalie, Mr Ridgers,  so poor or are the other defence players just as  bad--or what? 

If it's the result of teething problems of a new team than the gelling is not fast enough  and a touch of crazy glue might be necessary to get the cohesion to harden more quickly. And this crazy situation with OFW must now be brought to a head quickly because if J Robertson is deliberately preventing him from playing then John must be persuaded to forget the past and play OFW for the benefit of the club. His hurt  over something that may have happened in the past has to take a back seat. He has to be pragmatic and realistic.  If not, then THAT"S crazy as well.:ohmy:

Seems like Robbo is becoming like Foran was last season - difficult to comprehend and it's his way or no way. Look where that got us and look where we seem to be heading. I just don't have faith in the current set up from players through to the Board to stop the downward spiral. I fear we'll be back in the Highland League and playing at The Bught within the next 3 years at this rate.

From what I've been hearing there is much unrest in the dressing room.  More players have also been ostracised (not just OFW, Raven and Esson) and the injuries to some of the new signings have not helped. This is not at all appealing to the fringe supporters to turn up. A combination of this and other events won't see me at my first league game until 22 October, if at all, and I'm feeling conned by the Board into buying my season ticket before the end of June. 

Well having been at the game I felt that Robbo almost summed it up perfectly. We were not the better team though.  IT was a very open game. We made it that way and that suited a pacier and more energetic team. RobBo appeared to be about to rightly blast the defence and then held back.He did get some things wrong tactically and I could not fathom his decision not to use all the available subs

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Steve G said:

Your very wide of the truth here I'm afraid.

OFW hasn't refused to play at all it's the other way around John Robertson is refusing to play OFW and would rather keep leaking goals like the titanic than play OFW, the fact that JR hasn't given him a shirt this season, didn't want him on the Team Photo and also makes him train every day by himself points the unprofessional attitude in one direction and I'm afraid that's the manager.

Hes on no where near £2k a week in fact there is Eastleigh players in the English National League currently playing in there first team on nearly double the amount OFW is currently on at ICT.

If OFW had his way he would be playing and be giving 100% to the course to get this club back in the Premiership.

It begs the question ... what has a player done to initiate that kind of response from a manager?

This OFW situation is a farce.  If the truth is as described above by Steve G, (and the way he writes implies that he knows what he is talking about) then our manager really needs to get a grip and get OFW back playing.  Ridgers has been a disaster from day one. I know OFW has his faults as a keeper, but surely putting him in the 'shop window' is about the only way that another team is likely to make a bid for him.

So far I'm less than impressed by JR in his second spell with us.  Some really dodgy signings, strange team selections and tactics.  Has he been taking advice from RF?

• tm4tj unpinned this topic