Number One

WYNESS101

Your number one  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who to play?

• OWF
    • Ridgers

T o my mind the lad made a big mistake in playing through injury, albeit for the sake of the Club.

When not 100% fit any goalkeeper would struggle and that was why his form deteriorated and was unable to give performance pre his injury. 

I imagine he thought he was doing what he did in order to help the Club, 

I have no idea why the fall out with Robbo and the board but I cannot help feeling he deserved better, he has now lost his International career as well as showcasing himself for another Team. Previous to injury I am sure he would have been snapped up pretty damned quick.

I wish him all the very best.

• Agree 2

I believe ofw is one of our highest earners and i also believe is on a ridiculous appearance bonus. Each time he plays he gets a bonus which isn't a kick in the arse of what is his weekly wage.

Can you please edit this poll to include Esson? He would be my number one.

Edited by Bronson
Spelling
  • Agree 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I believe ofw is one of our highest earners and i also believe is on a ridiculous appearance bonus. Each time he plays he gets a bonus which isn't a kick in the arse of what is his weekly wage.

If this is true then surely there can be a compromise. He is getting no appearance bonus at all just now and no game time. We are deprived of the services of, when he's fit, the most competent 'keeper on our books.

Ditch or very radically reduce the appearance bonus and get him playing and both parties are the winners. Right now, both parties are losing, in the case of the club, far too often liberally as well as metaphorically.

• Agree 1

Just now, Kingsmills said:

If this is true then surely there can be a compromise. He is getting no appearance bonus at all just now and no game time. We are deprived of the services of, when he's fit, the most competent 'keeper on our books.

Ditch or very radically reduce the appearance bonus and get him playing and both parties are the winners. Right now, both parties are losing, in the case of the club, far too often literally as well as metaphorically.

1 hour ago, Bronson said:

I'm afraid to say it but Esson has past it now and should just focus on coaching and give the likes of Cammy a slot on the bench.

We should be going with Cammy Brown in goals, not sure if he is still injured though with Esson playing until he is fit to return. Doubt this will happen as Ridgers is a Robertson favourite/signing. Plain to see that Ridgers was a liability from first couple of games I saw him in.

"Not Good. Maybe fake news on all fronts.  New season, new team. I understand and sympathise with your teething troubles.  If at first you don't succeed then, secondly, just fire the coach.

Never seen a "football" match but have heard that you have a great wee team there. Spirited.  Would like to invest  in your club but so far nobody has asked.

Good luck with that goalie thing, same old, same old seems like. Interesting though. Just fire the Board if they don't come clean. Nice wee city  though. Nice salmon I got in the River and it's now on ice being transported back to the White House for all to see. I insisted on  the F22 since it's much quicker than the F.15.

I'll come back don't you worry once I have settled the Mueller thing.  May bring Steven Colbert with me to settle his hash, very tiresome little dude. Sessions won't come with me though 'cos he will have been fired. And Hillary is still in mourning; besides she like Baseball so that wouldn't work.

Loch Ness is lovely. Pity I missed  your monster the other day. Good gig that though. Awesome publicity. Liked my trip, settled my nerves down  very well.

Donald Trump. Washington, U.S.A.

5 hours ago, Bronson said:

And Cammy MacKay....I'd pick him (if he's not still injured). 

20 hours ago, Huisdean said:

We should be going with Cammy Brown in goals, not sure if he is still injured though with Esson playing until he is fit to return. Doubt this will happen as Ridgers is a Robertson favourite/signing. Plain to see that Ridgers was a liability from first couple of games I saw him in.

Tend to agree with that..

21 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Ditch or very radically reduce the appearance bonus and get him playing and both parties are the winners. Right now, both parties are losing, in the case of the club, far too often liberally as well as metaphorically.

Worth a shout, definetly

I would like to hear OFW's side of the situation. After the season ticket holders open evening, I had the impression that OFW was just hanging on for an unrealistic offer to arrive & he was, basically, taking the club for a ride.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Would he put his place in the Welsh squad in jeapordy (which he has now lost)? Being a part of the Welsh squad clearly meant a great deal to him. Would he not rather be playing regularly? He's said he's not injured, so are the club freezing him out or is he not willing to play?

He did play through an injury for a part of last season (which would go some way to explaining some erratic performances), hardly the actions of someone who would down tools.

What is going on??

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post
  • Agree 1

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Mark-Ridgers-praises-incredibly-talented-Owain-Fon-Williams-and-empathises-with-his-Caley-Thistle-situation-11092017.htm

Really is a ridiculous situation here. Either OFW or Robertson are lying. I noted that Meekings favourited OFW reply that he wasn't injured which, to me, indicates some kind of support from a (former) team mate of his side of the story. Of course we've seen the recent saga with Draper during his move from the club as well as the shabby treatment handed out to other players and coaches.

When did we become a club that treats it's players so poorly and in public as well?

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Mark-Ridgers-praises-incredibly-talented-Owain-Fon-Williams-and-empathises-with-his-Caley-Thistle-situation-11092017.htm

Really is a ridiculous situation here. Either OFW or Robertson are lying. I noted that Meekings favourited OFW reply that he wasn't injured which, to me, indicates some kind of support from a (former) team mate of his side of the story. Of course we've seen the recent saga with Draper during his move from the club as well as the shabby treatment handed out to other players and coaches.

When did we become a club that treats it's players so poorly and in public as well?

Interesting article - JR needs to sort out this situation once & for all beforev& not let it fester on.