Robertson Out

Robertson out .......NO....that will not be the answer, money that would be required for his discharge would be better spent on new proven signings.....If they will come to us be it loan or otherwise.

I have watched all our home games this season and the strange thing is that there have been good and bad performances individually from all who have played,. Howeverlack of cohesion, apparent lack of fitness, lack of consistency stand out.

We have made almost countless opportunities up front The inability to put the ball in the net or in some instances even to shoot is letting us down so badly. Also apparent is the indecisiveness in defence the slow reactions at set pieces and general lack of commitment.............get these things sorted and we will start climbing the league and put fear into the Clubs above us

I agree with a lot of what tm4tj has said above and what jingsmonty seems to have seconded, I would however include Seedorf and Calder amidst his could be good guys. The whole squad however are not showing the fight and determination that our squad had under Butcher and Hughes, whatever happened to the late winners the added time flurries that panicked other Teams ? We need that back desperately., that and teamsmanship, We also need a leader on the field., another Foran but without the indiscipline............If it is the dressingroom that is the liability then get to the root of things.

Above all we as supporters must give encouragement. Throughout our history there 'have been those for one reason or another who have ganged up on the manager, calling for his removal and blame being thrust upon him.

let's really get behind the Team on Saturday and bring the hammer doon on the Doonhammers.

• Agree 4
  • Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Robertson has been thrown in at the deep end here. He has been handed down the remains of our squad from a poor season under Foran. He has little or no budget and yet we expect him to work miracles. That's not going to happen. Granted some of the signings are poor. But what did you really expect. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys. None of these signings would have been good enough to sustain us in the top division. Let's be clear here, we/I am talking about Donaldson, Elsdon, Chalmers, Oakley, Susan, Cooper. There's probably more, but off the top of my head, that's the ones who stand out. Ridgers has been getting a lot of stick, and rightly so, but a lot of his problems are the guys immediately in front of him. Robbo has to play guys who are no longer at the top of their game and who are merely going through the motions. David Raven and Gary Warren have seen better days, Brad Mckay is a permanent bombscare. Tremarco has been hindered by injuries and is exempt. Jake Mulraney has been hugely disappointing and it all points to an attitude issue. Liam Polworth is finally showing some form if played in the right place and Iain Vigurs is a bit of a luxury that has plenty of class but little determination or leadership. Baird is unlikely to be a top striker, as has been proven over the years although he could be a useful foil. 

For me only Trafford, Polworth, Tremarco and Bell are worth using. Owain Fon Williams if he can get his head in the right place, the same goes for Vigurs. The rest are deluded.

So, blame Robbo if you believe that's where the problem lies. I believe it is much deeper rooted than that and if the board will not back him with a few bob, then he might as well walk away before his CV is tarnished by these guys loitering without intent and masquerading as footballers. 

I won't be sticking any knives into Robbo just yet, but without some backing then he will eventually go the same way as McIntyre, Foran, Houston..........

Spot on tm4tj 

• tm4tj locked this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned and unlocked this topic
12 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

I've said it before, but one solution would be to make Carl the Captain. Gary needs to focus on getting himself back to being a calming influence. I think the Captain's armband has added to his problems.  

Warren is finished. He cannot defend when the ball is below his head. Every attacking player in Scottish football now knows that if they run at him they will either go past him or win a free kick. It happened throughout last season and sadly, it's continuing at this level.

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

Warren is finished. He cannot defend when the ball is below his head. Every attacking player in Scottish football now knows that if they run at him they will either go past him or win a free kick. It happened throughout last season and sadly, it's continuing at this level.

If the team was defending properly pacy attackers wouldn't have a free run on our center halves.

2 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

If the team was defending properly pacy attackers wouldn't have a free run on our center halves.

This is why having Vigurs in the team is a massive problem regardless of his contribution going forward.

2 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Not sure why you single Vigurs out but Polworth is also poor at protecting defence as well. Vigurs more likely to create than Polworth too in my opinion.

Polworth should always be the "attacking" centre mid or number 10 so it should fall upon his partner (a Draper type) or the two in behind him to defend.

1 hour ago, Laurence said:

Bring back TB

No. We have to stop this obsession with looking backwards. Butcher is in the past, as where Robbo should've stayed. We need someone new, with a new background and new ideas to create the next Caley Thistle side. 

• Agree 5

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

No. We have to stop this obsession with looking backwards. Butcher is in the past, as where Robbo should've stayed. We need someone new, with a new background and new ideas to create the next Caley Thistle side. 

I agree, but when you have a board controlled by people with zero football business experience or contacts then the only knowledge they have to draw on is history.

That's precisely how we ended up with Robertson and it would not surprise me to see Butcher replace him.

4 hours ago, Buster said:

I agree, but when you have a board controlled by people with zero football business experience or contacts then the only knowledge they have to draw on is history.

That's precisely how we ended up with Robertson and it would not surprise me to see Butcher replace him.

Butcher? NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Robbo needs to be heald accountable for our poor form, but as I said in an earlier post, bit early to be talking about 'Robbo out' - although with the caveat that things aren't allowed to fester if there's no improvement in the fairly near future.

I'd rather see a younger, ambitious manager coming in, if Robbo went (although some experience would be vital - although we've had rookie managers before, with varying levels of success, now isn't the time for a rookie).

Previous ICT managers need not apply....

23 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Noticed Tremarco is in the Courier effectively criticising the manager for having a go at the players publically. Sounds like he's lost the dressing room.

Doesn't sound good.  Tremarco, when fit, is about the best player we have left (and probably should be Captain).  I would have thought it would be in Robertson's interest to get players like Tremarco on his side, rather than alienating them.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Noticed Tremarco is in the Courier effectively criticising the manager for having a go at the players publically. Sounds like he's lost the dressing room.

... or starting to lose

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Carl-Tremarco-Criticism-of-Caley-Thistle-players-must-be-done-in-the-right-way-25092017.htm

No doubt the manager will have a wee word with him about his comments.  If he's the man I think he is, he'll say "Well said, Carl."   Tremarco is quite correct in what he says about this sort of criticism being kept private but possibly not correct when he says everyone always gives 100%.   I would hope that the manager can give an apology to the players but he can quite justifiably wrap it up in terms that what he said was justified, he was wrong to be so public but this was in the heat of the moment and it was his passion for the team talking.  

Robertson may well not have a happy dressing room, but if so, I would suggest that is more to do with the players than the manager.  Some of them need to understand that they are here because no-one else would take them.  They have been shown some faith by the manager and they need to repay it.  Unless they knuckle down and perform better than they are then that's their career done and dusted  They may not like the fact that he is angry but they need to understand that he is perfectly justified in being angry.  And do they want a manager who is passionate about the club or one who is only concerned with his own career? 

As for Tremarco, recent comments by Robbo make him sound like teacher's pet.  He will be wanting to distance himself from that image and, of course, by his own words, Tremarco should be making his criticism of the manager privately and not in public!   I think his remarks sticking up for the players should be seen as a bit of team bonding on his behalf.  Last season Tremarco was the stand out player for us and if he can win the trust of the newer and younger lads in the squad then some of his "never say die" spirit might rub of on them.    Top marks again for Carl in my book.

• Agree 3
  • Facepalm 1