ICT Supporters Travel Club

Hearach

We are having a bucket collection at stadium tomorrow so bring plenty change. We are also selling raffle tickets in the bar for a chance to win a seat at Carl Tremarcos table on Sponsors Night on 17th October. As well as the chance to meet the players.

• Agree 3

Surely you and the club aren't denying a charity the opportunity to collect funds by allowing a group to rattle buckets to subsidise their own past-time instead?

If that's the case, then shame on you guys for asking and shame on the club for allowing it.

• Disagree 9

40 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Surely you and the club aren't denying a charity the opportunity to collect funds by allowing a group to rattle buckets to subsidise their own past-time instead?

If that's the case, then shame on you guys for asking and shame on the club for allowing it.

I've read a lot of stupid things on here over the years and this is right in the top 10. 

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

Which garden ornaments charity is getting the heave-ho for the travel club?

• Agree 3

I wouldn't expect those benefiting to agree.

Would you be happy to see people rattling buckets to pay towards their travel to a concert in Glasgow? It's the same thing.

The idea that others should be expected to contribute towards someone elses travel to a football match is utterly ridiculous.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Facepalm 3

The buses are run to enable fans to go and support their team. For various reasons many who use the buses would not be able to do this if Supporters bus was not available. Also there are many users, myself included, who could travel to games a lot cheaper but chose to pay more to help towards costs. If you don't think getting fans to away games is a worthwhile cause then don't contribute. In the same way I don't contribute to causes I don't support. We have been given this date as nobody else wanted it and rest assured if a worthy charity decided they wanted to use the date we would step aside. 

• Agree 7

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

I wouldn't expect those benefiting to agree.

Would you be happy to see people rattling buckets to pay towards their travel to a concert in Glasgow? It's the same thing.

The idea that others should be expected to contribute towards someone elses travel to a football match is utterly ridiculous.

I won't be benefitting but I've no problem with it. If a charity has been told to GTF then obviously that's not good but there is nothing to suggest that this is the case. Surely it's a good thing that any collections will help cover the cost of travel for fans going to an away game? Especially if it makes it cheaper for some of our younger fans to get along. 

• Agree 4

18 hours ago, Shorty said:

Shorty.......surely the nickname must apply to the amount of brain cells you possess! Must be the lead contender for the most ignorant post on CTO this season.:wtf:

• Agree 3

On 29/09/2017 at 3:30 PM, Shorty said:

Shame on you for posting such a ridiculous post!!!!! You obviously know nothing about the aims of The Travel Club and what is in their Constitution, our aim is to support the team and encourage members of the community, especially the young, to come along. The Travel Club work really hard at raising funds with many local businesses supporting them, nobody has to give money if they don't want to, as one of "the bucket rattlers!!!!" today I was touched at how supportive fans and visitors were, some actually dug deeper when they realised the cause. We asked the club for a date that was free so we did not deny anybody else. Please get your facts right before you post! 

• Agree 5

A huge thank you to everyone who supported us with our bucket collection at the stadium on Saturday. The grand sum collected was £293.45. We were heartened by the many positive comments we received about the Supporters Travel Club. Moran taing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

On 30 September 2017 at 6:27 PM, christib said:

Shame on you for posting such a ridiculous post!!!!! You obviously know nothing about the aims of The Travel Club and what is in their Constitution, our aim is to support the team and encourage members of the community, especially the young, to come along. The Travel Club work really hard at raising funds with many local businesses supporting them, nobody has to give money if they don't want to, as one of "the bucket rattlers!!!!" today I was touched at how supportive fans and visitors were, some actually dug deeper when they realised the cause. We asked the club for a date that was free so we did not deny anybody else. Please get your facts right before you post! 

Well said Christib . In all walks of life when you try to do good there is always the element who will try to bring you down . Like you say Shorty may have been better to have got the facts right before he / she started spouting off . I too was a " bucket shaker " on Sat although I didn't have to shake it as I was overwhelmed by the generosity of our fans and it certainly wasn't all small change . Thank you all so very much as The Travel Club work hard behind the the scenes voluntarily to make sure fans get to as many away games as is possible . Shorty needs to realise these buses come at a cost and we don't get help towards cost and every penny is a prisoner . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2