Scotty

One of the worst games I have ever witnessed. Did we have a shot on target, I don't think so. Oakley and Baird simply do not work together as a strike force, they are totally unaware of each other's positioning. After a couple of months playing and training together they would surely have built up a good working relationship, if they had any ability at all. I see at least half a team who do not want to be in Inverness or at least that is the way it looks from the stands. I could only exempt OFW, Bell and Donaldson from criticism today, the rest clueless, gutless, average and just not interested.

The alarm bells must be screaming in the Boardroom as we are heading for a second relegation if this continues. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, givmeaccccc said:

One of the worst games I have ever witnessed. Did we have a shot on target, I don't think so. Oakley and Baird simply do not work together as a strike force, they are totally unaware of each other's positioning. After a couple of months playing and training together they would surely have built up a good working relationship, if they had any ability at all. I see at least half a team who do not want to be in Inverness or at least that is the way it looks from the stands. I could only exempt OFW, Bell and Donaldson from criticism today, the rest clueless, gutless, average and just not interested.

The alarm bells must be screaming in the Boardroom as we are heading for a second relegation if this continues. 

I agree with the quote in its entirety and most of the other quotes I have read

I was a firefighter for 30 years, I never heard alarm bells this loud , and some of the stations I worked on the bells would awaken the dead.

A very poor game, we were fortunate to get a point against a Queen of the South team that I felt were poor at the back: on the few occasions we pressed them they panicked a bit.

First half pretty even between two poor teams. Second half we did nothing and could have been thumped, but Fon Williams and (for a change) a couple of refereeing dcisions kept us alive.

Fon Williams was my man of the match.

The defence need credit for somehow not conceding. Donaldson and Mckay did surprisingly well. Much as I like Raven, he is short of pace now and a couple of crosses were poor. He deserved his booking. I don't think Tremarco is fully fit yet, but the knock before half time couldn't have helped him. His booking was harsh  

Disappointed in Trafford today, and didn't like his cynicism by deliberately knocking Rankin after their handbags tussle in the second half. He is picking no up too many bookings too. Vigurs tried to encourage and had a few good passes, and Polworth had a couple of good moments too. Our midfield lacks pace.

Bell the pick of the front men, but had little to work with. Baird busy but lacks pace. Oakley didn't impress.

Calder did nothing when he came on, with Mulraney lively but not having an impact.

I share the concerns of others. Two tough away games next, no points and we are getting badly detached.

I don't recall an attempt on or off target troughout the second half either.

My favourite moment was before kick off seeing Warren chatting with young fans for a while. That shows how poor the game was.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

I started to notice it the other week at Paisley, but I'm starting to see the Calder the Dundee fans talked about turning up again.  Definitely has some ability but a poor poor attitude.  He did nothing when he came on.  Either tell him to buck up or get lost.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

At least we had the consolation of comedy moment of the season when a QOS player managed to put a straight free kick, not just over the bar but over the South stand as well. 

I'd forgotten about that trying to think of positives!!

1 hour ago, Laurence said:

During the match  we  appeared to struggle when attacking to worry the centre halves of  the opponents , try as  ICT did  the killer through ball never materialised. I was always worried that the counter attacking speed of  Queen of the South , would undo us.  A few times QOTS broke through owing to our lads being too far up the park, only to see their forwards shoot wide. Whether it was their fear of Fon Williams positional sense  at the last hurdle or just poor shooting I will never know.

At one point I thought who is the biggest lad on our bench  ,  it would be the now reserve goalkeeper Ridgers , I thought to myself why not bring him on at centre crash , at least he is big enough to head the ball down to the second man  Connor Bell , who can play maybe.  Man City once brought on their goalkeeper for that very reason towards the end of a game,

Any port in a storm   as they say. 

My other thought was TB  the anathema  of the fans and the club, but could he return to sort out the mess ,  As he said to the Hibs players , he would throw them under a bus, if they didn't perform.  As we all know he got the sack there. But  we also know that his abilities to get in useful loan players was amazing ,  they could ( the board that is ) ask him to sort out the club who it is obvious from comments I have heard that he still loves the club.

Don't worry have a go at me if you think I am barmy,  I can stand it

Can we all agree to stop touting TB for a return - it's not funny anymore...

• Agree 1

Robertson out! Today was a disgrace and an embarrassment! No shots no chances no hope! Robertson, Rice and Kellacher goodbye, nowhere near good enough. Do the decent thing and resign for the sake of the club. The players aren't playing for you and the fans are against you, TIME FOR A CHANGE!  

Edited by SteveA

It seems to me that the way we started indicated that the priority was to tighten up at the back. Part of that was a focus on keeping possession and we did that well enough up to a point. However, lack of movement and a general lack of ability to execute anything other than a simple pass meant that we never got far enough up the park to threaten.  Defensively we were solid enough without really being tested. It was a bit like watching a Yogi side play - dull, dull, dull.

QOS looked as though they had expected us to come out much more positively in the first half and it was no surprise that they took the game to us after the break. The game opened up but QOS always seemed the most likely. We had a lack of creativity in midfield and were utterly toothless upfront. Bell was the pick of the front 3 - and he was rubbish!

OFW was a clear MOTM. None of the outfield players played well and there seemed to be players on different wavelengths all over the park.  I remember  3 occasions when a ball was played to a player running into space, and from no more than 15 yards away, the ball was played behind them. Schoolboy errors!

Falkirk, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline in our next three league games. I just don't see where we might get even a single point from those matches.  These are dark  days for our club. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Absolutely pathetic. Calder came on and did zilch. He jogged around doing nothing. What a waste of a wage. Oakley is horrendously poor, Baird is a headless chicken, Vigurs thinks he is better than he actually is, Polworth is a lightweight, the Canadian chiel is heading for a record amount of bookings, Raven is finished, Donaldson mispasses practically every time, Brad is honest, but that's it. Who,s left..... others were equally inept. It is just as well OFW was in good form. Completely outplayed by QotS and they should be ashamed to call themselves footballers. Not enough boos at the end for my liking.

Totally disgruntled. We should have lost 3-0.

More boonings required

Grim, Woeful, Disjointed and the list could go on and on. The fast decline of this club is so worrying.  For a long time now with yesterday confirming what i have said for months. No pace just nothing, No out ball,  No width, No urgency, No one willing to take a man on. No movement.  I have never seen things so bad at this club.  I am now going to leave myself open for criticism but i genuinely can see Peterhead knocking us out of the cup on Saturday.   

• tm4tj unpinned this topic