Worst Ict team ever?

Bronson

Yes. 

You were more likely to hear people snoring than cheering today. I have had more fun waiting for a bus than watching today's match!!!!

That is no TEAM, that is a bunch of individuals. No spirit, no leaders, no interest!!  Total disgrace!!!! :redcard:

Thank goodness for,

- OFW or we would have lost (again). 

- QOS's poor finishing. 

Edited by Guest

Spain won the world cup without any  strikers

Mind you they had 6 midfield players of extremely high world class stature

The line up shows David Villa at CF but in reality he played so deep it was in mid field

GK 1 Iker Casillas (c)
RB 15 Sergio Ramos YC 23'
CB 3 Gerard Piqué
CB 5 Carles Puyol YC 16'
LB 11 Joan Capdevila YC 67'
DM 16 Sergio Busquets
DM 14 Xabi Alonso   Substituted off 87'
CM 8 Xavi YC 120+1'
RW 6 Andrés Iniesta YC 118'
LW 18 Pedro   Substituted off 60'
CF 7 David Villa
Edited by Laurence

I was just saying to my wife (who has only been to the cup final and the win over St Johnstone last season) that none of today's team would make the cup final team apart from Fon Williams and Tremarco (I know he only started then as Raven was injured).

I am still stunned by how much has gone wrong in only 28 months, although I accept the warning signs were there back then.

I remember all those years ago watching our first league game with herchie mikey noble etc an thinking how good we were. I don’t think that now. We progressed over many years adding better players but we have totally regressed now. The team we have now couldn’t lace the boots of the cup winning team. The whole place seems dead at the moment. The team the crowd etc it’s going to take quite a turnaround to get it back 

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

I am still stunned by how much has gone wrong in only 28 months, although I accept the warning signs were there back then.

I've possibly said this already, Robert but despite having been a Caley Thistle watcher on an almost daily basis since before the club was formed, I still don't feel I've got anything like a secure handle on what has gone wrong so very quickly since winning the Scottish Cup. All the same, a full understanding of this is key to finding a solution.

9 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Saiid it before and I'll say it again. Getting rid of John Hughes was the biggest mistake the board have ever made.

Hughes knew he was on a downward spiral with ICT,  that's why he wanted to go to Dee utd,  We should have let him go then.  Making him stay was the worst rhing we could have done.

• Agree 4

25 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Saiid it before and I'll say it again. Getting rid of John Hughes was the biggest mistake the board have ever made.

Hughes left the chairman at the time with no alternative. The mistake was in appointing a manager with no experience whatsoever and then following that up by appointing a manager with next to no experience if managing for over a decade.

I feel that we have one more chance to get it right next time otherwise the consequences will be even more severe than they've been so far. There may have been issues with Graeme Bennett but he had an ability to spot potential in a manager. Something that seems to be entirely lacking at board level these days.

• Agree 2

I thought we were dismal last season : definitely by a big margin the worst ever. team

Haven't seen the team play this season, but early season results against the likes of Stirling Albion, Brechin and Forfar did not bode well...........and seem to have been carried over to the league.

.................nothing coming out of the club to indicate any measures to sort the shambles out.

County seem a much better run club , especially when they can attract the likes of Owen Coyle (I know Uncle Roy has deep pockets but Tullochs have done pretty well by us over the years).

Unbelievably we are staring a Championship relegation battle in the face as things stand.......looking at the table there is an ever widening chasm between us and possible play off contenders.

Long before I came north ; Inverness were becoming a legend  ( I remember on the Bury message board people were commenting on an ICT result  at Ibrox .  In deepest Sussex I was reading  stories of unbelievable victories.

One of the reasons for me living up in these parts was the thought of watching this amazing team. I read  Charles's  book,   (Against all odds ) and it read better than a novel, I ordered six copies and I sold them more or less straight away , interest in the team even in America and Australia was apparent .  if it had been fiction nobody would have believed  it .    When I watched the semi finals  - and  then the finals against Aberdeen and Falkirk , I was really in my element  It was wonderful. Now there is a equal and opposite reaction. If we ( and I use we with pride for an outlander )  are to survive and build  again, we will be stronger and better for it.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Hughes left the chairman at the time with no alternative. The mistake was in appointing a manager with no experience whatsoever and then following that up by appointing a manager with next to no experience if managing for over a decade.

I feel that we have one more chance to get it right next time otherwise the consequences will be even more severe than they've been so far. There may have been issues with Graeme Bennett but he had an ability to spot potential in a manager. Something that seems to be entirely lacking at board level these days.

Dunno..   he employed Brewster the second time! :blink:

• Funny 1