Rename game

CableGuy

11 hours ago, Row S said:

Welcome back Don!

Was the land not made up of ash from burned refuse? This was the way that waste used to be dealt with before the practice of tipping it straight into a landfill area without any treatment, like the reclaimed land to the south east the actual 'dump'.  Being mostly ash could also explain why the land drains quite well.

The older image I have overlaid is from 1945 and I couldn't say for certain what materials were used to expand it.  I've always been told that it was graded aggregates and earth (from building developments) by people who worked on it (drivers who delivered hundreds of loads), but it's possible that it was supplemented with ash.

Local breweries couldn't afford much sponsorship, but what about the Whisky industry?  Diageo obviously has a bob or two and a Highlands Football team seems a good match for a company that makes Highland Malts.  We could get rid of the "Pride of the Highlands" tag and become "Spirit of the Highlands".  They could build a new covered stadium - The Diageo Dome - which could double up as a general entertainments and conference centre as well as housing a variety of indoor sports.  And to mark the 25th anniversary of our club in 2019 they could market a premium blend of 25 year old malts.  "The ICT.   25 year old.  Matured to perfection."  I'd buy a bottle or three.

24 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Local breweries couldn't afford much sponsorship, but what about the Whisky industry?  Diageo obviously has a bob or two and a Highlands Football team seems a good match for a company that makes Highland Malts.  We could get rid of the "Pride of the Highlands" tag and become "Spirit of the Highlands".  They could build a new covered stadium - The Diageo Dome - which could double up as a general entertainments and conference centre as well as housing a variety of indoor sports.  And to mark the 25th anniversary of our club in 2019 they could market a premium blend of 25 year old malts.  "The ICT.   25 year old.  Matured to perfection."  I'd buy a bottle or three.

Free drams before the game for season ticket holders and I'm in.

Then at half time bring on the Pom Pom Girls. The first stadium in Scotland to offer this slick, quality, half-time show.

Accompanied by the Brass Band Bangers from the Deep South University of Louisville, Kentucky.

Now that's entertainment. The place would be packed.......every other week. Yes!!:crazy:

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Scarlet.... many years ago both ICT and County had cheerleaders. The County ones even had their own chant, one line of which went (in the broadest "Dingwall")...."Foootbullursh ur seckseee!" It did make the toes curl somewhat.

Dufuq did I just read?

Capital (as in Highland Capital) or Longman Stadium for me. 

Or sponsored name - 'North Coast 500 Stadium'. Make it a 'stop off' as part of that route and sell appropriate merchandise. If naming the stadium that is not popular get on board the major 'cash cow' as it will remain that for the foreseeable future. 

Any of the above three are appropriate and relevant to the location. 

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Caman said:

Capital (as in Highland Capital) or Longman Stadium for me. 

Or sponsored name - 'North Coast 500 Stadium'. Make it a 'stop off' as part of that route and sell appropriate merchandise. If naming the stadium that is not popular get on board the major 'cash cow' as it will remain that for the foreseeable future. 

Any of the above three are appropriate and relevant to the location. 

Don't agree with that name but that's a good idea about trying to tie in with the NC500.

12 hours ago, goballistic said:

We could hold a lottery for naming rights £10 or £20 a ticket, a few dangers (ok a lot), but marketed well would get us a lot of much needed positive publicity and maybe more cash. 

Stadium McStadium Face incoming imo

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1