Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2017-10-07_9-36-55.jpg
Tweets by @ICTFC

Highlight of the day was most definitely the third goal.  He'd actually been very close to scoring with time he got the ball, ran half the length of the pitch but couldn't beat the keeper.  Baird was unmarked in the middle throughout and he'll never get off with passing in the same situation ever again!  

Scoreline probably makes the game seem more interesting that it was.  One goal was right at the start and another was right at the end, there wasn't much going on in between.

Midfield was a huge disappointment.  Chalmers in centre midfield is hopefully a sight we'll never see again.  Calder did indeed seem lacking in effort on a few occasions, I wasn't impressed despite the goal.  Polworth - again, despite the goal - had a shocker and Vigurs is either composed and calm or pedestrian and lazy depending on your viewpoint.

Tremarco definitely isn't making the same runs as he used to (possibly due to instructions) and the rest of the defence did ok again 2 big guys.  Rory should probably have been off for raised hands but it was indeed handbag stuff.

Baird tried very hard but very few lay offs or passes worked.

Now to the positives - very reassuring to see OFW in goal, and the biggest positive of all for me was Bell.  What a wee livewire, and gave his all throughout.  Bemused by decision to sub him as were most of the crowd I believe, hence muted applause for him.

Crowd announced as 930.  Hugely disappointing but not unexpected and could be say deserved.

2 minutes ago, quizzer said:

Polworth - again, despite the goal - had a shocker

Scored one, made one and protected Raven well all game counts as a shocker? One of our better players along with defense and Bell. The rest (OFW apart).........

1 minute ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I'm sure it would :smile: but unless travel outwith Scotland is heavily subsidised by the sponsors, I don't think it would suit the purse string holders!

its not like the Irish or Welsh teams are busting at the pockets either. While i like the inclusion of the irish and welsh teams in the cup it is expensive travel for the ones involved. Same for the scottish teams traveling down too as you say i'm sure Elgin paid a pretty penny to go down to Wales to get chinned

4 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I'm sure it would :smile: but unless travel outwith Scotland is heavily subsidised by the sponsors, I don't think it would suit the purse string holders!

I seem to remember reading that there is some help given to clubs in this competition who have to travel outside their normal zone.  Or did I just dream that?

Think 3 nil flattered us really pretty low key stuff . Good turnout from Peterhead bumped the attendance up by a couple of hundred

Col Donaldson pick of a average bunch.

Special mention to Daniel Mackay did in 5 minutes what Mulraney couldn't do in a season and a quarter.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic