Scotty

I am wholly in favour, in principle, of including the Highland and Lowland League sides. I'm also a fan, in principle, of importing the Welsh and Irish teams.

However, currently listening to the Linfield fans at Tannadice while watching on BBC Alba, I am not in favour of importing their sectarian bile. We have quite enough of that domestically.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Tree said:

Scored one, made one and protected Raven well all game counts as a shocker? One of our better players along with defense and Bell. The rest (OFW apart).........

No he never protected Raven at all , was playing through the middle for most of the game. There was nobody wide right as far as I could see until late in the game when he came across and watched the game pass him by.

No doubt he is talented but by f...k he is frustrating to watch. Should be dominating and running the game at this level.

23 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I am wholly in favour, in principle, of including the Highland and Lowland League sides. I'm also a fan, in principle, of importing the Welsh and Irish teams.

However, currently listening to the Linfield fans at Tannadice while watching on BBC Alba, I am not in favour of importing their sectarian bile. We have quite enough of that domestically.

Aw for goodness sake Kingsmills :redcard: Surely not? :sad:

3-0 sounds comfortable, but the scoreline flatters us.  After a bright start, Polworth scored an excellent early goal with a rasping low shot.  That should have spurred us on and allowed us to relax against a team 2 divisions below us. but as has happened before this season, we didn't capitalise on the bright start and Peterhead came into the game and looked the more likely team to score for much of the 1st half.  Early in the 2nd half the only move of real quality in the game ended with a very composed finish from Calder.  The 2 goal margin should have allowed us to play a bit of controlled football on the deck and to dominate the game.  Instead it remained pretty scrappy fare with little to chose between the 2 sides.  Robertson left his substitutions late and for some reason left the hapless Baird on for the full 90 minutes.  Young Mackay came on very late and immediately made an impact.  Firstly he was put through on goal, but instead of squaring for the unmarked Baird, he tried to beat the final defender and made a total hash of it.  However, a minute later he was sharp enough to be first to a bouncing ball in the box and did what Baird simply looks totally incapable of.  He scored!

Apart from their excellent goals, Polworth and Calder were poor.  It really is worrying that Polworth seem incapable of getting the better of Division 2 opposition and loses the ball so often. I hate to say it, but for much of the game, he was dreadful today.  Calder to me looks to have more natural talent but doesn't assert himself.  But the lad must be pretty confused with what he can do and what he can't, both this week and last he got booked just about the first time he actually made any contact with an opponent.  When far worse was meted out to him he doesn't even win a free kick.

Raven was poor defensively and got skinned several times in the first half.  Tremarco was OK but is some way short of the form he showed before his injury.  Brad Mackay was sound enough but Donaldson was without doubt the pick of the defenders. Bell is a live wire but is not going to score more than a handful this season - although that is probably a handful more than Baird..  Chalmers did OK filling in in midfield but again it was Vigurs who was the dominant controlling figure in midfield.  He looks a class above anyone else in the team.

3-0 and a 2nd consecutive clean sheet sounds good, but let there be no mistake.  We are a very poor side at the moment. I think the 2nd goal showed that when we do work together as a team there is the talent to play some good football.  But part of the problem is that we rarely work well as a team.  Too many players just don't seem to be on the same wavelength as each other and as a result we are not creating enough chances.  But a win is a win, and confidence boosting goals for Calder and young MacKay as well as an assured performance from Donaldson are welcome positives to take from the game.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

that's what they do. A clone of rangers. Same colors, same songs, same fans. No need for that rubbish in football

Edited by Belfast Brigade
  • Agree 2

I agree with the assessment of Doofers Dad. 

After the early goal, we were second best throughout the first half, but the second was better.

Another clean sheet is a positive, but Fon Willliams had a couple of saves and Peterhead wasted a couple of chances.

That said, we missed several when we should have done better.

Some decent fairly fast forward moves in the second half, including the two goals.

Defensively we still look shaky at times, with Donaldson the pick of the bunch. Tremarco will hopefully return to his best soon,

Our midfield did not seize control. Some individual good points from each of them, but not consistent, and not always tracking back when we lost possession.

I like Bell, and was surprised he was taken off. Baird was busy but not really effective. 

The highlight was young MacKay. In fairness he should have put Baird in when he ran forward with the ball, but who can blame him for trying to score. But only a moment later he did get his goal. I hope he kicks on and becomes our next home grown talent, and his enthusiasm and impact encourages Robertson to give others a chance.

It was not a 3-0 game, but winning was important, and hopefully we can start to win points in the league, but three tough games looming!

• Agree 1

Regarding the posts about travelling, it was said on Sportsound today that you get a maximum of £5000 for travel expenses. Linfield's game at Dun Utd was moved for tv to a 5.15 kick off so now they have to stay overnight meaning they're still at a loss. 

• Agree 1

Rather enjoyed today made the most of a rare win & was delighted when young Daniel Mackay scored was a nice moment. 

Hopefully this will give the team a confidence boost having two clean sheets in a row is a positive because if that was a month ago Peterhead & QOS would of scored no doubt about it. Falkirk seem to be turning a bigger corner then we are they will be fancying their chances next week still dreading next Saturday to be honest.

Was a funny game due to the low attendance you could hear a lot of what the players were saying quite a bit of swearing & insults! :) . OFW looked like he wanted to kill someone with the way he was shouting at his teammates never knew he had such foul language in him!.The Polworth situation after he got subbed off was pretty interesting did anybody see who he was kicking off with? It did not look like the friendly changing room atmosphere that some of our players are going on about.

Looked like it came to blows tbh I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person that saw that.  Polworth had  full fists clenched and aiming at someone. Someone near me said it was Kellacher I didn’t see the person he was aiming at to be fair 

If that's what happened, it's disgraceful, and not justified even in the heat of the moment.

Hopefully it can be sorted out very quickly without damage to the player or club.

This is the last thing we need the way this season has started.

Edited by Robert

The skirmish between Kellacher and Polworth is probably symptomatic of general tensions. These are all decent footballers, or they wouldn't be playing at this level. When performances don’t come, mistakes are made and results drift away, it must be very frustrating. And, of course, the players don’t get win bonuses, which must hurt.

I was more worried about the bust up than anything else in the game. We really can’t afford discord - we need players and coaches on the same wavelength, and preferably not hitting each other. 

• Agree 1

Was told that there's no player bonuses this season. This might explain why some players don't look like they give a ****, as they get paid the same regardless of results.

I just wish that Polworth showed the same passion and aggression on the pitch instead of when he goes into the dugout . It did look like it was Kellacher that it was aimed at. I said during the game that I wanted him to show more aggression, he has no oomph in him. If it takes whatever was said to him to get that reaction,  maybe they should have shouted it at him while he was on the pitch.

I didn't see the Polworth v Kellacher incident but I wouldn't be surprised if he was simply pissed off at the 'support' he was given today from the fans. Granted he didn't have the finest of games but neither did most of the starting XI yet he seemed to cop an incredible amount of abuse from the home support especially from those in the main stand. Some of the abuse was absolutely shocking and I was quite taken aback by it.

The sad thing is that not one of these supporters bothered to get behind Polworth or any of the players today but were quite happy to hurl bile at them any time a mistake was made. Now I am under no illusions that we haven't been great this season and again today we weren't impressive but I can quite understand that some of the players will be getting fed up at the home 'support' spending the best part of 90 minutes moaning and shouting abuse at the team. It's absolutely pathetic. If that kind of abuse took place in the workplace it would be tantamount to bullying and an employee would absolutely snap and maybe that's what happened with Polworth today.

ETA: Oooft the pictures don't look great...

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, Tree said:

Scored one, made one and protected Raven well all game counts as a shocker? One of our better players along with defense and Bell. The rest (OFW apart).........

Crap!!!   Polworth was awful, caught in possession so many times, passes were poor and he looked like he couldn't be arsed.    Chalmers is shyte, Baird does not do it for me, and the 3-0 score flattered ICT,  Heid played the ball about far better than us, and if they had decent striker they could have scored a couple.

13 minutes ago, RiG said:

I didn't see the Polworth v Kellacher incident but I wouldn't be surprised if he was simply pissed off at the 'support' he was given today from the fans. Granted he didn't have the finest of games but neither did most of the starting XI yet he seemed to cop an incredible amount of abuse from the home support especially from those in the main stand. Some of the abuse was absolutely shocking and I was quite taken aback by it.

The sad thing is that not one of these supporters bothered to get behind Polworth or any of the players today but were quite happy to hurl bile at them any time a mistake was made. Now I am under no illusions that we haven't been great this season and again today we weren't impressive but I can quite understand that some of the players will be getting fed up at the home 'support' spending the best part of 90 minutes moaning and shouting abuse at the team. It's absolutely pathetic. If that kind of abuse took place in the workplace an employee would absolutely snap and maybe that's what happened with Polworth today.

Absolutely agree with that.  The abuse of Polworth was coming loud and clear from the North Stand as well.  I really find it quite disgusting that some so called fans abuse the players in this way.  There really is no better way to demotivate players of your own team than shouting abuse at them.  Some of these people might as well sit in the South Stand for all the "support" they give our lads.

OK, so apart from a great goal, Polworth was very poor today, but in no way does that justify the abuse.  He was poor but he tried.  He always tries and when he fouls up you can see by his reaction that he's every bit as annoyed at himself as any fan is.  Actually, that is part of his problem - he shouldn't react like that, he should immediately work to get the ball back / get in position.

By all means roll your eyes and quietly mutter a few expletives when players mess up.  But then when they do something half decent give your support be it vocal or clapping or both.  Players need that support and encouragement, especially in situations like now when their confidence is shot.  Supporters support.  It really isn't a very hard concept to grasp.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

3 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Absolutely agree with that.  The abuse of Polworth was coming loud and clear from the North Stand as well.  I really find it quite disgusting that some so called fans abuse the players in this way.  There really is no better way to demotivate players of your own team than shouting abuse at them.  Some of these people might as well sit in the South Stand for all the "support" they give our lads.

OK, so apart from a great goal, Polworth was very poor today, but in no way does that justify the abuse.  He was poor but he tried.  He always tries and when he fouls up you can see by his reaction that he's every bit as annoyed at himself as any fan is.  Actually, that is part of his problem - he shouldn't react like that, he should immediately work to get the ball back / get in position.

By all means roll your eyes and quietly mutter a few expletives when players mess up.  But then when they do something half decent give your support be it vocal or clapping or both.  Players need that support and encouragement, especially in situations like now when their confidence is shot.  Supporters support.  It really isn't a very hard concept to grasp.

Totally agree DD. Great post 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic