Scotty

Without mentioning names I thought our No 7 looked totally disinterested throughout the game.

with regard to shouting from the stands ,  When people get upset and frustrated they will on occasion shout at the team, unlike myself I just mutter and groan not too loudly.

• Facepalm 1

At one point during the game, towards the end of the first half I think, Donaldson had the ball on the main stand side touchline and was being closed down by a Peterhead attacker. As he was being closed down a bunch of ICT fans started yelling for him to get rid of it. He cut inside his opponent, played a nice ball forward to Vigurs (I think) who returned the ball to Tremarco on the left side and he then started running forward linking with a team mate to continue the move. Defence turned into attack through a couple of neat simple balls, ones I haven't seen us play that often this season, yet all the while the home fans were screaming at the players to "Get it forward!", "This is rubbish!", "Fu$*&ng s&!£e Caley!" and so on. I really don't know what these people are expecting from the players in such a situation. An aimless hoof up the park would have led to howls of derision.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, Laurence said:

Without mentioning names I thought our No 7 looked totally disinterested throughout the game.

Not naming names but gives his squad number.  Wonder who that'll be then!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

5 hours ago, RiG said:

At one point during the game, towards the end of the first half I think, Donaldson had the ball on the main stand side touchline and was being closed down by a Peterhead attacker. As he was being closed down a bunch of ICT fans started yelling for him to get rid of it. He cut inside his opponent, played a nice ball forward to Vigurs (I think) who returned the ball to Tremarco on the left side and he then started running forward linking with a team mate to continue the move. Defence turned into attack through a couple of neat simple balls, ones I haven't seen us play that often this season, yet all the while the home fans were screaming at the players to "Get it forward!", "This is rubbish!", "******* ***** Caley!" and so on. I really don't know what these people are expecting from the players in such a situation. An aimless hoof up the park would have led to howls of derision.

I was in the main stand, saw that and applauded the play.

Yes, there may be some who are overly critical, but don't tar the majority with the same brush.

12 minutes ago, Robert said:

Yes, there may be some who are overly critical, but don't tar the majority with the same brush.

Don't you love the guys who shout "shoot" every time we cross the halfway line. Honestly, sometimes the ball is about 40 yards out and you hear some clown shout "shoot!" What's worse - when one of the players gets impatient and fires one over the stand from 35yards, the very same fans are screaming blue murder! Unbelievable!

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Good stuff. i thought it was a rare moment of composed play from the side and well worth a wee round of applause. Of course I'm not tarring every ICT fan with the same brush but the majority seemed annoyed by this good passage of play which was bizarre.

On 09/10/2017 at 2:56 PM, Fraser54 said:

I was at the game on Saturday and I think that I was sitting a few rows behind the person that you are referring to.  It was getting to the point that I was tempted to move seat but realised that I would probably still have heard him from anywhere in the ground.  "Fans" have a right to voice their opinions but when a team is lacking in confidence and struggling then it is positive comments that are needed not just abuse.  The poor crowd on Saturday just helped this person's abuse be heard by everyone as he had little to compete with.

Vigurs and Polworth get dogs abuse at games and on this forum but at the end of the day they are probably two of our most skilful players and we need them a lot more than they need the abuse that they receive.  Things aren't good within the club and it needs genuine supporters to rally round and support our players when things aren't going well on the park.

I agree. Even if we can afford them next season I don't think Polworth or Vigurs will stay beyond next summer. I expect Polworth to be at RC and Vigurs at Dundee United next season. Then those that slag them off now will still slag them off for not staying. Personally, I hope they are both here next season but I can't  see it, due to the budget and them being rightly sick of the moronic element in the stand/online etc. 

Edited by Guest

• tm4tj unpinned this topic