Polworth v Kellacher

I just wish he had shown as much fight on the pitch. Every time he had a misplaced pass, and there were quite a few of them, his shoulders slumped, head went down and didn’t try and win back the ball. His coat’s on a shoogly peg after this.

• Agree 3

I'm not surprised that the team are frustrated and angry.  For more than two seasons we've had managers who don't take responsibility and slate the players every time something goes wrong.  Off the top of my head the squad have been told they think they are better than they are, that they aren't real men, they aren't tough, they don't want to make sacrifices, they are bad apples. 

The managers saying this haven't signed any players who have added to the squad, in fact they've added players who are noticeably worse. They haven't been able to coach or make tactical adjustments to get results.  They have dropped or refused to play some of our best players for non-footballing reasons while signing utter dross.

It must be extremely frustrating to play through that and have the manager insult you continually.  It's a sign of a manager completely out of his depth - we saw it last season with Foran and we are seeing it again with Robertson. Sadly we are in the same situation we were in with Foran, a manager so close to figures at the club that he's nigh on impossible to get rid of.

worth saying that Kellacher is a good coach and works well with the squad. I understand he took a lot of the slack at various points last season and it could be that he was just in the wrong place yesterday.

Edited by ictchris
  • Agree 4

I thought Vigars was outstanding yesterday but he had players he could play one's and two's off. Polworth had nobody to help him up front . I think before we proportion blame on polworths poor game we should look at the mediocre players in frount and alongside him some appeared to be unable to run let alone play football. I am not condoning him he should be able to control himself but you must  understand the frustration he must feel week in week out surrounded by players who don't have a clue.

• Agree 3

Inversneckie Sports Breaking News Like Min'

Connor McGregor's management team just off the phone looking to set up a brawl with Polly!

Kellacher interested in moving down a weight division or two to get in a bout it with Cornish (pasties)! 

Seriously though.....

All football clubs at all the various levels have their fights, brawls and altercations, but ffs not in front of the paying spectators and media lenses if you can help it.

Robbo needs to get a grip on the gripes in that squad, far too many bad vibes from certain players leaking out. 

2 hours ago, ictchris said:

I'm not surprised that the team are frustrated and angry.  For more than two seasons we've had managers who don't take responsibility and slate the players every time something goes wrong.  Off the top of my head the squad have been told they think they are better than they are, that they aren't real men, they aren't tough, they don't want to make sacrifices, they are bad apples.

How many time has Robbo slagged off the team in public this season? Three times already isn't it? No wonder tensions are high when the players are getting almost continually rinsed by the manager.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

How many time has Robbo slagged off the team in public this season? Three times already isn't it? No wonder tensions are high when the players are getting almost continually rinsed by the manager.

He also doesn't have any credit in the bank to allow him to do so. The players will be looking at this guy who hasn't had a job in years and has brought in a load of total duds and think, why should we take this? Why should I redouble my efforts?

I remember Paterson and Butcher slating some of the players at times but they had earned the right to do it. Robertson hasn't. 

• Agree 1

Scotland international, top striker, won promotion previously for Inverness. He has nothing to prove, unlike most of his players. Our fans need to give us all a break and get off the guys back. He and we need this like a hole in the head. Oh boo hoo hoo, he slagged off the players. If they can't take it, they shouldn't be here. It's easy to forget the blemishes of guys who were legends here. Let's not forget that they too had their critics and poor moments.

Robbo has not suited some folk since he came back. Well tough, he's here, let's back him until the board see fit to remove him.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

It's a difficult one without knowing the full circumstances NJ. It does not look clever, but the interesting thing is what was the reason for it. Speculation will no doubt shroud the truth, but that is the contributing factor to what followed.

• Like 1

Perhaps they have, has anyone got any solid proof of this. Something must have sparked this outburst other than Polly about to lose his youngest player tag because Danny was about to enter the field.

All a bit grubby.

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Scotland international, top striker, won promotion previously for Inverness. He has nothing to prove, unlike most of his players. Our fans need to give us all a break and get off the guys back. He and we need this like a hole in the head. Oh boo hoo hoo, he slagged off the players. If they can't take it, they shouldn't be here. It's easy to forget the blemishes of guys who were legends here. Let's not forget that they too had their critics and poor moments.

Robbo has not suited some folk since he came back. Well tough, he's here, let's back him until the board see fit to remove him.

Why should fans get off the managers back? If he can't take it he shouldn't be here.

The achievements you've listed were all more than a decade ago. All he's offered since his arrival is signing total duds and calling the team useless. What is he doing about it?  You are right, he's here and, as with Foran and Kenny Cameron, he has a backer in the boardroom.  The fact that we're also paying for previous mistakes means he's probably unsackable. He might resign I suppose, but I think that's unlikely.

• Agree 4

32 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Why should fans get off the managers back? If he can't take it he shouldn't be here.

The achievements you've listed were all more than a decade ago. All he's offered since his arrival is signing total duds and calling the team useless. What is he doing about it?  You are right, he's here and, as with Foran and Kenny Cameron, he has a backer in the boardroom.  The fact that we're also paying for previous mistakes means he's probably unsackable. He might resign I suppose, but I think that's unlikely.

Spot on Chris. This shambles shouldnt be allowed to continue but sadly unless he walks we are stuck with him

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Perhaps they have, has anyone got any solid proof of this.

I can't say I do, but I have heard a few stories of disharmony behind the scenes, including arguments in the changing rooms and altercations between coaching staff and the players.  Also, I noticed Bobby Mann tweet yesterday about one of the coaches 'backstabbing' Robertson.  I wonder what that was all about?

Edited by Renegade

Reading through the posts on here, the consensus seems to be that Polworth is the guilty party. I sit close to the dugout, and shortly before the fracas I heard Kellacher shout foul mouthed abuse towards Polworth,  using language that had he done so anywhere else, could have got him arrested. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.  However,  I have to concede that the photographs tend to show Polworth as the aggressor, standing in what looks like the North end of the dugout.  I have to say, that when I first became aware of the trouble, it seemed to have kicked off at the South end, so who knows what happened? only those sitting in there will know who through the first blow. All I know , is that several people sitting near the dugout were shouting "disgraceful behaviour Kellacher". Regardless of who through the first blow, it is totally unacceptable behaviour that can only blemish the reputation of the club.

• Agree 1

This is clearly a very serious incident and would appear to be a very public manifestation of serious tensions within the club.  I would expect the Chairman to take personal control of a thorough investigation of not only the incident itself but of the underlying issues.  Given the incident is in the public domain, I would expect an early and very brief public statement to that effect.

If what Milescott says is correct then I doubt we will be seeing anything more of Kellacher at the club.  As for Polworth, he cannot possibly get off without some significant punishment from the club but I do have some sympathy for the lad.  He was subjected to some disgraceful abuse from some so-called  "supporters". He will have been angry about that and angry at himself for a sub standard performance after the early boost of a goal.  In those circumstances, what the lad should have got was some kind words of consolation from the coaching staff.  If Kellacher abused him as reported above then it is understandable if Polworth flipped.

As I say, whatever the truth, Polworth must receive some punishment but he also needs the right people to talk things through with.  Analysing how he deals both on and off the pitch with frustrations about his performance levels should help him to be a better player.  Getting rid of Kellacher and bringing in a sports psychologist would be a good swop.

• Agree 3

Thanks Milescott for pointing out what everyone seems to have missed while piling on. Kellacher is a coach, he has coached the team through relegation to near relegation again in two seasons, him and  Rice need to go. I wasn't at the game so didn't hear what was said but in anycase, he is a coach and should never say anything to the players during a game except positive enforcement. You have cleared up the mystery of why a shy, pleasant young man should publically explode with such rage, and if indeed he said or did anything to warrant "disgraceful behaviour Kellacher," from the crowd, his desk should be cleared and its contents left in a box at the front door on Monday morning.
Like I said, I wasn't at the game, I was at the QOS match in the main stand and like everyone, endured a dull 90 mins with an overall poor performance. But that's not the reason I didn't go, I am a supporter and cheer on the team at every opportunity, good or bad. It was because of the morons who seem dispersed throughout the main stand who think its ok to shout abuse at players far less support the team. The abuse is usually aimed at Polworth or Vigors and this is just not on. 
Some may make the argument that they have paid money and are entitled to shout abuse, that is just not true. No one has the right to shout abuse and if you do it to your own players, shame on you. No, I didn't go to the game because several times I had to talk myself of the ledge just so I did not go to one of these abusers and point out the error of their ways.
If you are one of those people, stay at home, shout at the dog, do whatever but leave the stands to those who go and support the team. I will be back next home game but I will not sit in silence anymore and I would urge anyone who has their game spoiled by some idiot to stand up and say something because I will. These people need to know their behaviour is not welcome.
Vigors may be in the twighlight of his career and may not have much option than to play out the end of his days under a torrent of bile but that is not the case for Polworth. He was out of favour with Hughes and played out of position, Foran always played him out of position, right-back against Elgin FFS? He was trapped into a three-year deal on a fraction of the money others get and the club including Rice/Kellacher have done little to nurture and bring him on.
So when another club comes in and makes an offer in the next two windows, don't be surprised when he grabs his kit and leaves and who can blame him. The way he has and is being treated is disgraceful and he will be driven out of the club by the "supporters." Sad thing is, that would be the best thing for him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6