Polworth v Kellacher

12 minutes ago, Renegade said:

We'd been after him I think just after that season ended and offered him a contract that pre-season along with Partick Thistle and (I think) St Johnstone.  He wanted to keep his options open for a while and then signed the deal with us.  He wanted a return to Ross County first but they turned him down as I recall.

A lot of "think," in there!

He may have been on the radar and as PF points out so are many others. Around that time Warren was out and the priority was a striker so in that respect, there was no positive move towards Vigurs. You can dismiss it in preference to what you think but I'll go with the testimony of the player in question because regardless of any radar, according to Vigurs, thats how it happened for him.

• Facepalm 1

One more excellent  "think" from the Ancient Mariner. Must be your age that makes you so wise. Are you wizened with it?

The player will always see it from his point of view since it affects him more than the onlookers and he is always "Johnny on the Spot" as well. And if he did consider and sense that the other comment(s) was unfair or wrong then that only adds to his rising temper and sense of grievance.

Now we have to decide--"Is this handbags in the hot heat and hatred of the horrendous moment" or a serious breach of etiquette by Monsieur Eddie Kellacher and Mr. Polworth?  If neither, then what is it ....a "storm in a teacup" that we can just fluff off our shoulder as if it were dandruff.?

Oh, and before I forget, if Mr Polworth raised his fist publicly in anger then this is also a serious breach of public conduct and club etiquette and definitely deserves censure which is now the club's affair. Because, if he had struck the trainer,  then he could be up in the Inverness Court dock facing a serious assault charge.

For the sake of the club and hastening the moving-on  process both parties should shake hands in public and get on with the job methinks......Aye!

Last season, the two St Johnstone players who had the punch up on the pitch had to sit beside each other (looking happy) when they played us here in their next game. I was a few rows behind enjoying it as they got some stick. It worked for them, so can work for our guys.

21 minutes ago, Robert said:

Last season, the two St Johnstone players who had the punch up on the pitch had to sit beside each other (looking happy) when they played us here in their next game. I was a few rows behind enjoying it as they got some stick. It worked for them, so can work for our guys.

The irony is that those 2 scrapping effectively relegated us by gifting Hamilton an undeserved win against St J.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, AncientMariner said:

A lot of "think," in there!

He may have been on the radar and as PF points out so are many others. Around that time Warren was out and the priority was a striker so in that respect, there was no positive move towards Vigurs. You can dismiss it in preference to what you think but I'll go with the testimony of the player in question because regardless of any radar, according to Vigurs, thats how it happened for him.

Well some of us do think around here...

We'd offered Vigurs a deal before Warren was injured, but he wanted to wait it out and see what came up.  Maybe a player did see him in a gym but it's not like that's where our initial interest began.  I'll take Vigurs' testimony with a pinch of salt, in the same way I and most who know never bought the 'Latapy left to find a new job' hogwash.

Edited by Renegade

55 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Well some of us do think around here...

We'd offered Vigurs a deal before Warren was injured, but he wanted to wait it out and see what came up.  Maybe a player did see him in a gym but it's not like that's where our initial interest began.  I'll take Vigurs' testimony with a pinch of salt, in the same way I and most who know never bought the 'Latapy left to find a new job' hogwash.

Latapy was a case of leave before you're pushed. Ironically during Latapy's time Kellacher was doing more of the Assistant Manager role than he was. 

The club has to nurture Polworth  because he has spirit. If he is trying his best and some things are not coming off then ...so what? We  are ALL human aren't we?  He scored the first goal didn't he? Did Kellagher cheer that? Now if he didn't then he has a screw loose and he may not be as dedicated to the team as Polworth is and Mr. Kellacher  should be since he is an official and must set an example.'

However, shouting dog's abuse, including (apparently) curses and swears, at Polworth before he even  left the field  shows that he is unable, as an OFFICIAL, to control himself and his utterances in public. That being so, the fact is that had he kept his mouth shut outside the inner confines of the stadium then the incident may never have happened and it would never have shown up the club in public as a laughing stock. It is therefore up to the Board to deal with the situation decisively and really swiftly. If the new Board wants the public to respect them and ICT then they have to set an example. And allowing cursing and swearing by officials and /or players in public, although it seems to be the trend of society today without censure attending it, is nver going to set the tone for anybody associated with this club or anybody outside it's confines who wants to follow it's progress and as an example of an upright, well-managed entity.

If the new Board wants to  attract reputable talent  who have the  desire to be successful and looked up to on all levels, then they had better react strongly immediately to this fiasco. 

The incident may have been brushed under the table for now but the festering will still be going on under the surface and the Board of Directors of our club, in its 'present weakened and sinking state, cannot try to brush it off if they want the respect of the players, their management and support from the public. They must  send a message that is unmistakably clear. They must do what is necessary and act.....

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

The incident may have been brushed under the table for now but the festering will still be going on under the surface and the Board of Directors of our club, in its 'present weakened and sinking state, cannot try to brush it off if they want the respect of the players, their management and support from the public. They must  send a message that is unmistakably clear. They must do what is necessary and act.....

I agree with most of what you say but don't know what else there is to be done? The matter has been dealt with internally, it has been resolved and I'm sure all parties are satisfied with the outcome. 

15 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

The club has to nurture Polworth  because he has spirit. If he is trying his best and some things are not coming off then ...so what? We  are ALL human aren't we?  He scored the first goal didn't he? Did Kellagher cheer that? Now if he didn't then he has a screw loose and he may not be as dedicated to the team as Polworth is and Mr. Kellacher  should be since he is an official and must set an example.'

However, shouting dog's abuse, including (apparently) curses and swears, at Polworth before he even  left the field  shows that he is unable, as an OFFICIAL, to control himself and his utterances in public. That being so, the fact is that had he kept his mouth shut outside the inner confines of the stadium then the incident may never have happened and it would never have shown up the club in public as a laughing stock. It is therefore up to the Board to deal with the situation decisively and really swiftly. If the new Board wants the public to respect them and ICT then they have to set an example. And allowing cursing and swearing by officials and /or players in public, although it seems to be the trend of society today without censure attending it, is nver going to set the tone for anybody associated with this club or anybody outside it's confines who wants to follow it's progress and as an example of an upright, well-managed entity.

If the new Board wants to  attract reputable talent  who have the  desire to be successful and looked up to on all levels, then they had better react strongly immediately to this fiasco. 

We are talking about our number 7  or is there  some other guy with the same name. Come on    Polworth  played like he was totally disinterested. If that is trying his best I would like to see him on a bad day.

2 hours ago, Laurence said:

We are talking about our number 7  or is there  some other guy with the same name. Come on    Polworth  played like he was totally disinterested. If that is trying his best I would like to see him on a bad day.

I know, scoring a goal and creating the second just isn't good enough. No wonder the fans kept booing him, you'd think that would raise his confidence and make him score more.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, bughtmaster said:

This topic is done and dusted let's focus on giving the players management and Club some real support. Difficult day again tomorrow we are plagued by bad luck more injuries.

Here here. #Togetherness :ictscarf:

The topic may be done and dusted but remember what I said about the festering under the surface--which means that the matter may have been buried but it will NOT necessarily have  been solved. I suggested that Kellacher  and Polworth come out  and shake hands in public and then there is a chance that these two can get along. Then they can sit down with each other and possibly come to an agreement as to what is fully expected one of the other and cut out the stupid and non-motivational foul abuse. 

But, from the Board's point of view, they had better make up their minds whether abuse by swearing and foul language spat at a player in public and on the field will, or will not, only continue to  lead to deep resentment and WILL or will not subsequently affect that player's performance on the park. My opinion is that either this stops immediately or persons who are unwilling to control their language, especially in public, should be fired. After a warning is given out by the Board of course.

Negative utterances in public from any paid member of staff carries the full force of that Club's authority if top management allows it to continue uncensored and not subject to disciplinary action. 

I'll quit whilst I'm ahead.

Glad we've cleared up that this forum and the board's opinion is that damaging a bus is worse than assault.

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Was anyone actually assaulted?

Yes. 

"Assault is defined in Scots law as a physical attack on another which is intended to cause bodily injury or which puts the victim in a state of fear that he or she may be about to suffer bodily injury."

What the poster above is asking simply appears to be what?

Did L Polworth actually touch  Mr. Kellacher with his hand or closed fist?If not, was his  posture so frightening that Mr Kellacher collapsed in a  heap of fear to justify a statement that Polworth assaulted him?  If so, could Polly state in his defense that  the cursing and swearing at him by K. was enough to enrage him, constituted a verbal assault and that was not his fault etc. 

I think it would be very rare for any legal prosecution to convict  someone for  simply moving towards another person in an understandable, justifiable  fit of anger without actually attacking him physically. There was no weapon on show and plenty of people milling around who would probably have been able to step in and prevent such a situation coming to that point. And how, pray, can a person become a victim if he has never actually been  attacked. Unless it is a case of a large lion attacking a lamb? I would say that from the pictures Kelly's weight appears to trump that of Polly more than somewhat. So who is the lion and who is the lamb here?

Mammy, please pass me my handbag.      Yes, the one with the large seam on it.        Thanks ma!

7 hours ago, AncientMariner said:

I know, scoring a goal and creating the second just isn't good enough. No wonder the fans kept booing him, you'd think that would raise his confidence and make him score more.

My opinion and I have been involved with football for nearly 70 years , was he was not interested. He did score a goal which took a deflection or so it seemed from where I was sitting. The second goal again from my vantage point was at leas a yard offside.

• Disagree 1

Watching the highlighlights I don't think I've ever seen a smaller crowd at a home game than that ?

No sure how official or accurate the 932 figure was but it looks considerably less than that

The club claim both parties in the pavement dancing having been dealt with internally but really this would have been the ideal time to release a public statement on what that actually meant

Why should it make a difference whether it's two employees scrapping than it would if two fans had an altercation?

By keeping stoom it certainly doesn't set a very good example to the impressionable youth

Dougal

7 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

What the poster above is asking simply appears to be what?

Did L Polworth actually touch  Mr. Kellacher with his hand or closed fist?If not, was his  posture so frightening that Mr Kellacher collapsed in a  heap of fear to justify a statement that Polworth assaulted him?  If so, could Polly state in his defense that  the cursing and swearing at him by K. was enough to enrage him, constituted a verbal assault and that was not his fault etc. 

I think it would be very rare for any legal prosecution to convict  someone for  simply moving towards another person in an understandable, justifiable  fit of anger without actually attacking him physically. There was no weapon on show and plenty of people milling around who would probably have been able to step in and prevent such a situation coming to that point. And how, pray, can a person become a victim if he has never actually been  attacked. Unless it is a case of a large lion attacking a lamb? I would say that from the pictures Kelly's weight appears to trump that of Polly more than somewhat. So who is the lion and who is the lamb here?

Mammy, please pass me my handbag.      Yes, the one with the large seam on it.        Thanks ma!

What are you talking about? Polworth clearly grabs Kellacher's face and Kellacher is clearly shiteing himself.

Edited by Guest