Fans Boycott

dougal

It's just entertainment.

If a writer starts writing p!sh, then people stop buying his books.

If a band starts releasing p!sh songs, then people stop going to their gigs.

If a film director starts making p!sh films, nobody bothers going to see them.

When a football team start playing pish, people stop going to support them.

It's not difficult!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, buckett said:

It's just entertainment.

If a writer starts writing p!sh, then people stop buying his books.

If a band starts releasing p!sh songs, then people stop going to their gigs.

If a film director starts making p!sh films, nobody bothers going to see them.

When a football team start playing pish, people stop going to support them.

It's not difficult!

It's not merely entertainment: football is community and football is war. Or substitutes for these things, at least. But you're right - if your army aren't winning, why would you keep fighting for them?

12 hours ago, PumpFake said:

It's not merely entertainment: football is community and football is war. Or substitutes for these things, at least. But you're right - if your army aren't winning, why would you keep fighting for them?

And here lies the answer to why our attendances have always been so poor . Glory hunting fans at ICT , whatever next ?

I quite often like to read Dougal's posts since they often contain some very interesting and surprisingly apposite remarks. I've warmed to the guy as time has worked it's magic. He tries very hard to explain his feelings and his views on what he sees which is fine and dandy with me. Not much wrong with that at all is there, IMHO?

And it seems that he doesn't often get much  praise or recognition at all for having the courage to do this. He's not pompous, not arrogant and rarely if ever abusive. So, all power to his elbow, I say and I think we should view Dougal as a very interesting challenger to our personal entrenched points of view. We always need the darkness as a contrast to being able to see our own personal  light and maybe revealing the truth.

But, Chas, please do have a good look in the mirror and review some of the content of many of your lengthy posts from your past before you point the fickle finger of fate at Doughty Dougal. Or he might turn round and address YOU as Chippy, Chastening, Charlie from the land of Know-it-All?

We are all on here to find some emotional joy in expressing our opinions on whatever the subject is and to maybe throw another light on the subject of discussion. So the last thing we should be doing is wasting our time in trying even harder to trash the other person's posts, feelings or viewpoints. Just let's allow these latter points to fall on our own non fertile ground if for no other reason than the fact that it might just make us a bit more tolerant and remember that none of us are perfect or have all the answers.

Except S. P.:notworthy: of course.

• Agree 4

In my opinion, we live in a fickle society where a lot of things are in vogue for a short time. If something loses its 'coolness' it is binned and folk move on to the next thing.

We may be seeing an element of that me thinks. 

Football is the same and always has been. Celtic and Rangers (pre Sevco) had poor attendances in the 80s/90s when they were crap. I think Aberdeen also had crowds of about 7000 when they dipped about 10 or so years ago.

The difference is they managed to ride it out and return. Can we?

Edited by Guest

while ICT isn't the biggest supported club the supporters i know are loyal to the core and wouldn't walk away because of the clubs current state and reading some comments here that some have walked due to it being depressing/hard to watch then fair enough its your money/ your choice no one forces you to go. But for those that still do i consider them supporters. Back in 2015 it was the dream season for me i got to watch my Local team here Glentoran lift the Irish cup gaining European football and a much needed cash injection and then 2 weeks later coming over and watching ICT lift the Scottish cup. Fast forward a short time to the 2016/17 season i sat week in and week out at glens matches seeing us get stuffed by teams we used to dominate, get knocked out of cups by pub teams that got chinned every other week and listen on the radio while ICT was also on the end of a drubbing. Come May time ICT got relegated and the glens finished a lowly 9th of a 12 team league in what was the worst season in the clubs history. Never once did i consider walking away from either side 4 ICT games i came over for that season was 2 losses (county in august and Dundee November) and 2 wins (Elgin scottish cup and Motherwell the day we went down) an expensive hobby following 2 teams but good or bad i stick by my teams and many times the football results have ruined my weekend and left me in a bad mood into the following week it's something i love doing and no matter how tough it gets or how far  we fall i'll still be there for when the good times come again it makes them feel that much better 

• Agree 4

Jagster, I can't believe that you almost brought a tear to my wizened eye with that song and video, you rogue, you.

And thank goodness you are back, Buckett. You were sorely missed . Is the bucket half full this time or half empty? 'Cos I want to hear more of your down-to-earth pithy wisdom and no disappearing without formal notice?:lol:

So SP is now  TAS?  ...... What?  Tight and Sour or  Toffee-nosed and Sardonic? or Touch and Suffer?    Or..............?

10 hours ago, dougiedanger said:

So, let's get this straight, crowds are back to Highland League levels and Dougal is the fans' spokesman?:blink:

Morning Danger

I realise your comment is very much tongue in cheek but would that be a huge issue?

Who do we actually have as a spokesperson at the moment certainly not caleyjagforever or the self acclaimed caleyd the cuckoos who flew the nest 

The last disappearing act on such a monumental scale was probably Shergar in 1983

Anyhow I'm off to Spartans today on a traditional football day out like the old days,

mon the Lilies 

Dougal

Edited by dougal

15 hours ago, Belfast Brigade said:

while ICT isn't the biggest supported club the supporters i know are loyal to the core and wouldn't walk away because of the clubs current state and reading some comments here that some have walked due to it being depressing/hard to watch then fair enough its your money/ your choice no one forces you to go. But for those that still do i consider them supporters. Back in 2015 it was the dream season for me i got to watch my Local team here Glentoran lift the Irish cup gaining European football and a much needed cash injection and then 2 weeks later coming over and watching ICT lift the Scottish cup. Fast forward a short time to the 2016/17 season i sat week in and week out at glens matches seeing us get stuffed by teams we used to dominate, get knocked out of cups by pub teams that got chinned every other week and listen on the radio while ICT was also on the end of a drubbing. Come May time ICT got relegated and the glens finished a lowly 9th of a 12 team league in what was the worst season in the clubs history. Never once did i consider walking away from either side 4 ICT games i came over for that season was 2 losses (county in august and Dundee November) and 2 wins (Elgin scottish cup and Motherwell the day we went down) an expensive hobby following 2 teams but good or bad i stick by my teams and many times the football results have ruined my weekend and left me in a bad mood into the following week it's something i love doing and no matter how tough it gets or how far  we fall i'll still be there for when the good times come again it makes them feel that much better 

Now that's what you call a loyal true fan . Well done BB .Be proud of yourself ⚽️⚽️??

• Agree 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, izzy said:

Now that's what you call a loyal true fan . Well done BB .Be proud of yourself ⚽️⚽️??

on that note my next game is booked. Dumbarton in December. Was hoping to do the Falkirk game the week before but the Mrs is coming with me and the Falkirk game doesn't suit her but i don't mind who we are playing as long as i make the game

5 hours ago, dougal said:

Morning Danger

I realise your comment is very much tongue in cheek but would that be a huge issue?

Who do we actually have as a spokesperson at the moment certainly not caleyjagforever or the self acclaimed caleyd the cuckoos who flew the nest 

The last disappearing act on such a monumental scale was probably Shergar in 1983

Anyhow I'm off to Spartans today on a traditional football day out like the old days,

mon the Lilies 

Dougal

Truly a fine ambassador for the Sneck, never mind fans' spokesman, fecking Lord Provost Dougal has a great ring to it.

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, izzy said:

BB has reason to be proud of himself. He travels from Belfast to Scotland for football unlike the vast majority of his city who may travel to Scottish football grounds for reasons that have less to do with football than tribalism and seventeenth century history. 

• Agree 2