Yogi an Arab ?

Ten4

Yogi is usually pretty good in his first season with any team ... its season two and beyond where things seem to go pear shaped. 

A lot of things went sour at the end and we can and have debated that many times over, but in years to come, history will show he was with us when we first won the cup and that's all that will be remembered. so good luck to him ... except when he comes up against ICT

• Agree 1

In hindsight, we would have been better off letting him speak to United when he was at his peak. That would have been a better financial deal all round and we probably would not be in this mess now.

I love a good hindsight :moon02:

• Agree 2

Yogi's track record in the management seat isn't that brilliant I don't think. Yes he was in charge when we won the cup but I don't think that was the team he built. It started to go pair shaped after players left and he tried to rebuild - and failed.

• Agree 1

Yogi has a decent track record of succeeding in the short to medium term if the team he inherits is stable and already successful.

He has a track record of failure if the squad he inherits is already under achieving. He has never successfully turned round a failing team. Right at the moment, Dundee United are failing in relation to having, by a margin, the highest budget in the Championship so, if he gets the position, which by the way is not even vacant yet, I can’t see it going well for the Arabs especially if they are misguided enough to give him funds to rebuild in January.

• Agree 1

I think its probably a 2 horse race between Yogi & Jim McIntyre however it is harsh on Mackinnon, last year he narrowly missed out on winning the play-off with Hibs having the biggest budget and winning the league. This season they are still in contention and its highly likely that youngsters from both St Mirren & Dunfermline may move in Jan as there is plenty positive hype around them - making the competition weaker.

Regardless of who is in charge all 3 are more than capable of getting DUtd to the title. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What might have happened had Yogi been allowed by Caley Thistle to speak to and to leave for Dundee United is an interesting thought. By United's normal timescale, he would have been sacked from there by now and both Raith Rovers and Caley Thistle might collaterally have avoided relegation. The way matters would have unfolded in Inverness had Yogi left earlier is an especially intriguing "what if?".

Edited by Charles Bannerman

14 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

He's 1/2 favourite with the bookies. There's some decent managers around so I just don't understand why they would want Yogi. 

I agree with you there DD but if he gets the job I hope it will be a disaster and help us :lol:

He`s probably I believe been recommended by somebody.

I would have thought maybe Thompson the chairman would have been interested in Owen Coyle as manager and maybe sounded him out for the job.

Coyle likely said not for me I don't want championship, but Yogi`s your man as you were after him before  (One or two other examples available.}

Lazlo the ex hearts boss also a good shout , high up with the bookies, he still has family in the country (daughter)