Stadium Improvements/Enhancing the Crowd

Renegade

The pies are barely average and I now don't buy them.  When the catering contract comes round for renewal there should perhaps be a clause in it that local providers should be used and this would give money back to the local community as local businesses would be supported and would save carbon emissions by not shipping in pies etc. from Glasgow.  

Perhaps we should suggest to the Board that this is an area that needs to be addressed and that a panel of supporters should be gathered with local pie suppliers invited to supply samples of their merchandise with the favourite being selected as the pie of choice for ICT.  It would possibly generate some local interest in the club and maybe we would get decent pies.  Volunteers for the tasting group should form an orderly line behind myself.

I can't believe we are discussing pies. :smile:

• Agree 2

This season's Ross County jersey was picked by a vote by supporters.  Apparently Greenock Morton are letting fans design next seasons tops.  Why don't we do something similar?  It'd generate a bit of interest and if you make it a few pounds to enter your design for consideration it could do quite well.  

I remember the club talked about doing something similar a few years back and then conveniently forgot about it, but it's worth a try again.

Regarding the pies. If it is a seasons contract and the club sells to the highest bidder. From the sales of the pies on a match day, does any finance filter back to the club? If not, the quality of pies isn't really a major problem for the club. The bar I presume would be much more worthwhile to focus on to attract extra revenue. Perhaps a free bus from town that arrives at 1.30pm and leaves at 6pm. Gets punters into the bar and spending cash. Even get the youth teams minibus and shuttle run from 1pm onwards.

The burger trailer at the corner of the North and West stands now seems to be gone. I do find it a bitt naff that we have an ice cream van parked there which is really ourwith the stadium. A tad naff that you can actually leave the ground to go to an ice cream van. Or am I just being grumpy??

12 minutes ago, Caman said:

The burger trailer at the corner of the North and West stands now seems to be gone. I do find it a bitt naff that we have an ice cream van parked there which is really ourwith the stadium. A tad naff that you can actually leave the ground to go to an ice cream van. Or am I just being grumpy??

You are just being grumpy :lol:  I think the ice cream van will soon be gone it will be to b***y cold!

• Agree 1

I'll only ever buy a strip if we get a swish Adidas number.

I think a fan design competition for a limited edition "out-there" third kit would be a good idea.

3 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Like the idea of designing strips, of designed by the fans then surely they will sell more? 

I like that idea too but...as tempting as it might be, no strips that are red 'n' black stripes or all blue with white trim, please!:lol: 

PumpFake's idea of an 'out there' 3rd strip designed by the fans is excellent, by the way....

15 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Agreed a cream ring and a hot drink would be a welcome treat at the footy.

I would go for a dream ring myself.

I am too scared to Google 'cream ring' as I am worried what might appear on my phone!! :crazy:

Would it be good for the club to give a different local school/youth club a set number of free tickets for the kids to attend a game and if a parent wanted to come along then make it a  £10 for them to come also and entice new fans? There are plenty of empty seats and this won't change for a while. I think the club used to do it some time ago

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Would it be good for the club to give a different local school/youth club a set number of free tickets for the kids to attend a game and if a parent wanted to come along then make it a  £10 for them to come also and entice new fans? There are plenty of empty seats and this won't change for a while. I think the club used to do it some time ago

I think they probably still do? I think groups/schools only have to ask. Somw adult tickets are added as kids cant come on own. Not sure its helped grow our long term support as much as club hoped tho. 

On 01/11/2017 at 6:38 PM, Renegade said:

This season's Ross County jersey was picked by a vote by supporters.  Apparently Greenock Morton are letting fans design next seasons tops.  Why don't we do something similar?  It'd generate a bit of interest and if you make it a few pounds to enter your design for consideration it could do quite well.  

I remember the club talked about doing something similar a few years back and then conveniently forgot about it, but it's worth a try again.

We had a top a few years back which we as fans paid to have our names on it. 

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 07/11/2017 at 5:08 PM, combat said:

We had a top a few years back which we as fans paid to have our names on it. 

Still have that top...it's my 'lucky cup top' - not that footy fans are superstitious or anything....if I'm heading to Belfast or Oswestry (or even Dumbarton..), I'll dig it out of the drawer..

That season's away top (both with/without the fans names) is, imho, one of the nicest designs we've had.

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 8:08 PM, MorayJaggie said:

Having attended the cup game this evening and walking to the shop just before half time we seriously need to sort the corners out of the stands it's just a big puddle.

I was speaking with someone involved in the supporters club / travel club on Saturday and she mentioned that this is on the list of things to be sorted (she and others had gone round the ground with Graham Rae and he was making notes of things that needed to be improved/sorted out).

The club isn't exactly rolling in it AFAIK but I wondered if maybe a local supplier could get involved and be "paid" with a wee feature in the programme masquerading as free advertising?

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Disappointingly I see from the County forum that The Doghouse has apparently approached their supporters club about doing some link up with them and running a bus on match days. It would have been good if we had done something like this.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Was it just me or did the tannoy seem a lot clearer on Saturday?  I have heard in the past that part of the issue is not the tannoy in and of itself but also the settings the user has it on.

It sounded ok in the North stand but the before the game there were no curry pies left and the sausage roll was feckin awful :sad:

8 hours ago, RiG said:

Disappointingly I see from the County forum that The Doghouse has apparently approached their supporters club about doing some link up with them and running a bus on match days. It would have been good if we had done something like this.

Would have been nice if they had approached us as well tbh

• Agree 1