Derby - 8th November

Forget the result it was a friendly. Good to see Seedorf getting a run out, nice to see Nick Ross back in an ITC shirt, assuming his wage demands are reasonable, once match fit, he will be a real asset in this division. 

Best of all, great to see Doran making a scoring return to the fray. Much to be optimistic about.

On 06/11/2017 at 1:13 PM, Caman said:

Thoughts on the starting line up? 

Esson

Seedorf Warren Elsdon Calder

Cooper Trafford Elbouzedi

Doran

Oakley Mackay

Wasn't that far off the starting 11.

9 of them started and Daniel Mackay came on as a sub.

Good to see Nick Ross & Aaron Doran back in ICT shirts. 

Calder' s poor marking led to second goal.

Seedorf bundled off the ball like a wee kid for third goal. Bit lightweight there. 

All in all good that some guys got game time. 

Money going to a good local cause. Thought there would have been a bigger turnout. Away end was closed and we were in the East Stand away corner.

County had a fairly strong starting line up and I thought we did very well with a totally new starting XI. Star of the show has to be Aaron Doran who played most of the game and scored a goal. But his work rate was excellent and he was involved in so much of our more positive moves. Just brilliant to see him back and playing so well!

should also mention Cooper who was a constant threat to the County defence. 

I would guess the crowd was not far off 2000 which is great for a friendly in a good cause. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I agree with DD and it was a good run out for our players giving them game time.  Our young fans were in good form tonight and I liked their bit when they sung 'they will moan on the forum' :lol:

• Agree 1

Great to see Doran playing and scoring again. It's something I wondered if we would ever see him in an ICT shirt again. I'm sure the club will take his progress now slowly and surely,  so there is no relapse. It will be like having a marquee signing if we can get him back to the form he showed before.

On 11/8/2017 at 11:08 PM, DoofersDad said:

County had a fairly strong starting line up and I thought we did very well with a totally new starting XI.

What I find amusing is the Ross-shire press and some posters on the Jail End thread on Overthebridge thinking that it was more or less our strongest XI that played. Shows how much they know.   

12 minutes ago, Row S said:

What I find amusing is the Ross-shire press and some posters on the Jail End thread on Overthebridge thinking that it was more or less our strongest XI that played. Shows how much they know.   

Also shows what happens when you drink sheep dip.

• Funny 3

What we learned - 

• Esson is past it.  I think I'd have Cameron Mackay in the pecking order ahead of him at this rate.
  • Seedorf is dodgy at centre-back.  Far better at right back or in midfield.
  • Calder is reasonable enough but needs to work on his crossing.  Looks far better on the wing.
  • Oakley is powderpuff.  No strong or skillful enough to play as a lone striker.
  • Doran looked decent and should be a good player in the Championship.
  • Elbouzedi has potential.
  • Cooper was decent but only has one foot - that's unacceptable for a professional footballer.
  • Nick Ross would be a very good signing.  His passing and moving is something we lack in midfield.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, Morgan Spice said:

It's not really though is it.

Isn't it?  Cooper has played football all his life, must have had thousands of hours using the ball yet isn't even adequate with his weaker foot.  I think that's absolutely ridiculous.  He's a professional footballer...for now anyway.