Livingston -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Much improved from 5 weeks ago, yes, but oh how we desperately need a forward who can score regularly taking these chances being created by our resurgent and rampant midfield.  The misses by Mulraney and Bell were woeful. That said I didn't see how Bell was off-side for his "goal" in the first half.

I see that Alex Fisher was warming the bench yet again for Motherwell on Saturday. This may increase our chances of getting him back (at least on loan) in January.  

57 minutes ago, Row S said:

Much improved from 5 weeks ago, yes, but oh how we desperately need a forward who can score regularly taking these chances being created by our resurgent and rampant midfield.  The misses by Mulraney and Bell were woeful. That said I didn't see how Bell was off-side for his "goal" in the first half.

I see that Alex Fisher was warming the bench yet again for Motherwell on Saturday. This may increase our chances of getting him back (at least on loan) in January.  

Agree how was bell off side when he was behind play and the goalkeeper on the line and the defender who was blocking Mulraney on the line. that's three points robbed by poor officiating yet again seems to be a theme this season of far below par officiating same at the dafc match.

Looking at the table - Livingston have 21 points , scored 20 goals.  Sitting second in the table.  I think the team did well to hold them to a draw . a good result

Just noticed the table on this web site has not been updated

Below is the table on the BBC web site

1   St Mirren 12 7 2 3 24 17 7 23

2   Dundee Utd 12 7 2 3 14 12 2 23
3   Livingston 12 6 4 2 20 15 5 22
4   Dunfermline 12 6 3 3 26 12 14 21

5   Queen of Sth 12 6 3 3 21 14 7 21
6   Morton 12 4 4 4 16 14 2 16
7   Inverness CT 12 3 4 5 13 16 -3 13
8   Dumbarton 12 3 4 5 9 16 -7 13

9   Falkirk 12 1 6 5 9 19 -10 9

10   Brechin 12 0 2 10 8 25 -17 2

View full Scottish Championship table   

Edited by Laurence

10 minutes ago, Laurence said:

Looking at the table - Livingston have 21 points , scored 20 goals.  Sitting second in the table.  I think the team did well to hold them to a draw . a good result

That does the team an enormous disservice. If anything Livi held us on Saturday not the other way around.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

That does the team an enormous disservice. If anything Livi held us on Saturday not the other way around.

I wasn't at the game, I was on holiday - I submit to your reprimand in its entirety

4 hours ago, Row S said:

The misses by Mulraney and Bell were woeful. 

Don't see how they were woeful. Keeper made good saves. Would have been better had they scored, but hey ho.

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Don't see how they were woeful. Keeper made good saves. Would have been better had they scored, but hey ho.

Neil Alexander is a quality keeper. He played well against us in the home match for Livingston last time. 

19 hours ago, Row S said:

1 on 1's are not certain goals, Bell was pretty close to Alexander with a tight angle, whereas Mulraney probably could have done better, although it looked like the ball got stuck under his foot when he went to shoot. ....if he was playing more regularly of course he may have done better as situations like that become more instinctive. ....that disallowed goal against Bell must have been the tightest of decisions, it looks to me on the replay there is at least one outfielder and the goalie in front of Bell. I think one or both of the officials played safe. I agree with RiG, Livi were definitely hanging on!

21 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Watching it back on the highlights, it looks like Mulraney had yards to aim at to the left of the goalie. However I don't think he showed any less composure than the average striker. Composure just seems to be in such short supply nowadays. When you think of Iain Stewart, whatever else his game was lacking, once he saw the whites of the goalie's eyes you never feared he was going to miss.

• Like 1

Mulraney needs  a few more games to  get maximum composure into his game in vital situations like this.

This was a speedy, pressure game  and it probably was very difficult for him to fast stride in on goal,with great composure and delight at the prospects of scoring,  knowing what was at stake.  Since his movement elsewhere is great and he is providing chances for the forwards, we can  wish him well.

I think there was one very clear-cut chance for the forwards to score from one of his crosses but no one seemed  to be  close enough to the ball to take advantage. Sort that one out, John Robertson, please.

3 hours ago, Laurence said:

Commiserations on the result on Sunday, you must have been gutted with the late  Fleetwood goal.'

Having lived on the Fylde in exile for a few years seeing their incredible rise before we returned to Inverness, I was delighted with the late Fleetwood goal!!

Edited by Robert

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic