Scotty

I was looking at the average attendances that The New Saints and Crusaders get.  If the powers that be want to maximise gate receipts then they'll need to give us a home game!  We may moan about the level of support we get, but we are by some margin the best supported side left in the competition.

9 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I was looking at the average attendances that The New Saints and Crusaders get.  If the powers that be want to maximise gate receipts then they'll need to give us a home game!  We may moan about the level of support we get, but we are by some margin the best supported side left in the competition.

Was told yesterday that TNS are a rich mans plaything. Bowling alley etc at ground but none of the locals go to watch anymore. Was described as a circus! 

TNS = The New Saints? I've been thinking it was Total Network Solutions :laugh:

ETA: Having just been reading about them it seems they used to be Total Network Solutions then merged with another team. Bloody mergers...

Edited by RiG

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Was told yesterday that TNS are a rich mans plaything. Bowling alley etc at ground but none of the locals go to watch anymore. Was described as a circus! 

Now I really want to go!

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

If you want proof of how Scottish ingenuity has transformed the world you need only look at the inventions which have shaped us all, and there can be few inventions that have had greater impact than the telephone and television. The day after the 91st anniversary of the first successfully-transmitted television picture seems a good day to celebrate John Logie Baird, the Helensburgh-born inventor who, in 1925 gave the world moving pictures beamed into homes for the first time. Prior to that, the world had been connected via telephone, courtesy of the pioneering work of Edinburgh native Alexander Graham Bell who patented the first device in 1876, though he did not live to see Baird’s invention. Given our modern obsessions with both the telephone and the television, and notwithstanding the well-documented problems they sometimes cause us, both Scots have changed society in ways they could never have envisaged.

The man who launched 10s of  thousands of textile mills

Not so sure about the birthplace of Inventors , but didn't the esteemed Inventor Richard  Arkwright  hail from your adopted homeland of Chorley. I could be wrong on that ?

Also the Invention of the great delicacy to be enjoyed Chorley cake cannot be ignored,

Issues to be debated in the favourite watering hole  of mine the Leyland Tiger, a venue I am sure you are familiar with.

Edited by Laurence

54 minutes ago, Laurence said:

The man who launched 10s of  thousands of textile mills

Not so sure about the birthplace of Inventors , but didn't the esteemed Inventor Richard  Arkwright  hail from your adopted homeland of Chorley. I could be wrong on that ?

Also the Invention of the great delicacy to be enjoyed Chorley cake cannot be ignored,

Issues to be debated in the favourite watering hole  of mine the Leyland Tiger, a venue I am sure you are familiar with.

Chorley Cake, that well known imposter, is just a cheap copy of the the Eccles cake.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic