Jake Mulraney

Caley Mad In Berks

Nice goal. He has looked more likely to do something like that for us recently. Hopefully that will fill him with confidence and lead to him breaking his duck against Brechin in 7 days time. 

MulrAneyY  1here we come!!

:ictscarf:

He's been on a fantastic run of form ever since the second half of the Falkirk game a few weeks back. It's almost like he has realised he could absolutely cigar this league if he wants and now he's suddenly decided to be the new Jonny Hayes. More of the same please Jake :smile:

• 8 months later...

Article in today's Edinburgh Evening News with an interview with Jake Mulraney.  

On reading the article he doesn't seem to have a high regard for the club and the way it is run:-

He played at Nottingham Forest and Queens Park Rangers in his teens and was released by both clubs. Dagenham & Redbridge, Stevenage and Inverness Caledonian Thistle have all been necessary stopping points on Mulraney’s route to top-flight football.

This is one of the biggest clubs in the country so it’s a big step up. No disrespect to Inverness but it’s run a lot better here. You actually feel way more like a pro here. Everything is done properly, recovery is very efficient, all that stuff. 

I would have hoped that a former player would be more respectful towards his former employers even if he is correct.  Hopefully Brad is playing on the 29th and shows him who's boss.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/once-compared-to-aaron-lennon-jake-mulraney-senses-second-chance-at-hearts-1-4770168

2 hours ago, CurrieICT said:

Article in today's Edinburgh Evening News with an interview with Jake Mulraney.  

On reading the article he doesn't seem to have a high regard for the club and the way it is run:-

He played at Nottingham Forest and Queens Park Rangers in his teens and was released by both clubs. Dagenham & Redbridge, Stevenage and Inverness Caledonian Thistle have all been necessary stopping points on Mulraney’s route to top-flight football.

This is one of the biggest clubs in the country so it’s a big step up. No disrespect to Inverness but it’s run a lot better here. You actually feel way more like a pro here. Everything is done properly, recovery is very efficient, all that stuff. 

I would have hoped that a former player would be more respectful towards his former employers even if he is correct.  Hopefully Brad is playing on the 29th and shows him who's boss.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/once-compared-to-aaron-lennon-jake-mulraney-senses-second-chance-at-hearts-1-4770168

Yeah because we treated him with the utmost respect by trying to force him out in January and then placed his value as being on a par with a player loaned out to the lower leagues last season with an ongoing medical/injury issue.

Then there was the respect we showed David Raven, Gary Warren, Owain Fon Williams etc.

Not sure we're in much of a position to complain when it comes to the subject of anyone showing us respect!!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It’s not very critical, just as SO says, we are not a club with many facilities or resources and Hearts are.  Mulraney highlighting that isn’t a swipe, just an observation.  It was probably the same for some players getting more at the World Cup, and can similarly be the opposite (Roy Keane/Mick McCarthy).  

What facilities / resources does the club have?  

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I'm a little unnerved by the number of times I find myself agreeing with you lately ?

Actually, I'm not that difficult to get on with but no doubt things will get back to normal ?

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Pretty fair comments from Mulraney. What's going to make you feel like more of a professional footballer - training at a windswept Fort George/IRA or Oriam? 

oriam.jpg?itok=2MzDK-r8

That Oriam is some place. Mind you the indoor hall is murder to watch a game in winter as they keep it at the same temperature as outside ?

I was at the Cove - Hearts game last night and have to say that Mulraney had a very decent game which seemed to go down a storm with the visiting jambos.  Will be interesting to see how he progresses this season. 

I don't see any harm in what he's said in terms of the relative professionalism of ourselves and HMFC.  Hearts clearly have a better set up and more dough than us so it should come as no surprise.  It goes without saying that Jake hardly falls into the Stuart Armstrong school of media eloquence so he's always likely to offer a fairly simplistic and un-sanitised response when asked to contrast the two clubs.  No point in folk getting their knickers in a twist over a simple statement of fact. 

• Agree 6

4 minutes ago, ymip said:

I was at the Cove - Hearts game last night and have to say that Mulraney had a very decent game which seemed to go down a storm with the visiting jambos. 

shame they fielded an ineligible player ! 

17 minutes ago, ymip said:

I was at the Cove - Hearts game last night and have to say that Mulraney had a very decent game which seemed to go down a storm with the visiting jambos.  Will be interesting to see how he progresses this season. 

I don't see any harm in what he's said in terms of the relative professionalism of ourselves and HMFC.  Hearts clearly have a better set up and more dough than us so it should come as no surprise.  It goes without saying that Jake hardly falls into the Stuart Armstrong school of media eloquence so he's always likely to offer a fairly simplistic and un-sanitised response when asked to contrast the two clubs.  No point in folk getting their knickers in a twist over a simple statement of fact. 

Exactly this. It's not exactly like what he said isn't true either lets be honest.

• Agree 1