Scottish Youth Cup ICTFC 1-2 Hibernian

ICTFC

To avoid any uncertainty of our pitch being capable of taking two matches this weekend, our 4th Rnd Scottish Youth Cup Tie v Hibernian has been moved from Sun 17th Dec to Sun 14th Jan at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium with a 1:30 p.m. kick-off.youth_cup.jpg

Edited by ICTFC
Date rescheduled

Due to the rescheduled Ladbrokes Championship fixture v Brechin City on 28th November, we have agreed with Hibs & the SFA to reschedule this match in order to protect the pitch.  Information on the new date & time will be provided in due course.

I wonder how likely is this to go ahead on Sunday.  After the recent postponements, due to waterlogging, plus the match at home against Dumbarton on Saturday, I imagine the pitch will be in a right old state by Sunday.  Even if playable, I imagine it will be extremely difficult to play on.  Tough on the youngsters, but, I suppose just as tough for the opposition.  Anyway, good luck to our lads.

To avoid any uncertainty of our pitch being capable of taking two matches this weekend, our 4th Rnd Scottish Youth Cup Tie v Hibernian has been moved from Sun 17th Dec to Sun 14th Jan at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium with a 1:30 p.m. kick-off.

• 5 weeks later...
  • tm4tj changed the title to TODAY - Scottish Youth Cup ICTFC v Hibernian
  • tm4tj pinned this topic

I thought Hibs looked bigger, stronger and quicker than our lads, especially in the first half and could have added another couple before the break. They absolutely smashed one off the crossbar with a wind assisted 30 yard effort and scored a header from a corner, Josh Campbell pretty much unmarked in the box. We almost levelled straight from the kick off, an effort fired over from left side of the box.

Second half was more even especially towards the end of the game where we almost scored but for their 11 foot six inch keeper fingertipping an attempt away. Their winning goal was a break on the right and centre forward Ryan Porteous knocking in from close range. Andy Macrae scored from a stonewall penalty after Daniel Mackay was upended in the box, but were unable to hold on to that score for too long.

Guys can not be faulted for effort and had the wind kept it's force constant throughout the game we might have squared it but I suppose the marginally better side edged it.

Terrible day for a game of football, swirling wind giving more advantage to Hibs in the first half and abating slightly after the break which offered us little assistance.

Inverness CT - 1 (Macrae pen 61)

Starting XI : Hoban (GK), Stark, Harper, Brown McRitchie, Johnstone, Mackay, Chalmers, Foy, Macrae,  Wilson

Subs: Foster (GK), Smith, Fyffe, Macdonald, Macgregor, Hastings, Nicolson

Hibernian - 2 (Campbell 35, Porteous 68)

Starting XI : Dabrowski (GK), Donaldson, Mackie, Campbell, Waugh, Stirling, Watson, Woods, Paton, Murray, Gullan.

Subs: O'Connor, Gallantes, Porteous, Murray, Shanley

Goal highlights from Hibs TV

• tm4tj changed the title to Scottish Youth Cup ICTFC 1-2 Hibernian
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic

Alleged Party in Breach: Hibernian FC

Match: Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC v Hibernian FC 14 January 2018

Competition: Scottish FA Youth Cup

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 402

Principal Hearing date: Thursday 8 February 2018

Response Date: Thursday 25 January 2018

I wonder what rule 402 is then. The mind boggles.

56 minutes ago, tm4tj said:
wonder what rule 402 is then. The mind boggles.

googled SFA Rule 402 and in all cases there is no description. nothing on the SFA website either. Seems to only be in youth competitions so guessing it either has something to do with age of a player or perhaps rules surrounding supervision/chaperone. The SYFA disciplinary booklet 'only' lists 129 disciplinary rules !

http://www.scottishyouthfa.co.uk/images/Information-Downloads/Policies-and-Procedures/Confidentiality-Disciplinary-and-Mediation-Procedures/Disciplinary-procedures-Iss-9.pdf

Disciplinary Rule 402 is a failure to meet the requirements of the SFA Youth Cup Rule 18.  SFA Youth Cup Rule 18 is in regards to teamlines...how they should be presented, when they should be presented, who should be listed on them etc.

I was unable to get my hands on a copy of the Hibs teamlines prior to kick-off on the day of the game, so it may be that.  There also seemed to be more than the permitted 6 (not including subs) personnel in the technical area during the game, so it could be that. Or it could be an omission or error in a name, date of birth etc.  What it doesn't cover, as far as I can ascertain, is playing an ineligible player as there's a different rule for that.  The maximum punishment is £10,000 fine and/or being ordered to replay the match.