St Mirren match

With tonight's game off, Saturday's match is in our sights. 

I think I read that Brad McKay is suspended. Warren back in for him. Mulraney back to starting slot. Doran on the bench to continue easing him back in. 

Lot of rain forecast over next few days. 50p in the meter for the undersoil heating then :lol:

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, Caman said:

With tonight's game off, Saturday's match is in our sights. 

I think I read that Brad McKay is suspended. Warren back in for him. Mulraney back to starting slot. Doran on the bench to continue easing him back in. 

Lot of rain forecast over next few days. 50p in the meter for the undersoil heating then :lol:

unfortunately undersoil heating will not assist with heavy rain.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

Is it not fair to say that ever since the USH went in our drainage has been poorer as a result?

Yes I believe so, apparently it's because the pitch can't be spiked to drain water like before because obviously there's pipes under it now for the USH. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Fraz said:

Yes I believe so, apparently it's because the pitch can't be spiked to drain water like before because obviously there's pipes under it now for the USH. 

Yup. We never had a single match called off due to weather conditions before the SPL forced us to install undersoil heating.

Presumably it is not possible to spike the ground between the pipes of the undersoil heating?  '

But, If that IS possible,  then why is this a  "no-brainer" but  "not implemented"?  This is a serious question, not just a frivolous flip of the tongue.:laugh:

The cost of same perhaps?

Its to risky in case they spike the heating pipes!  The pitch has never been the same since it was installed just ask Tommy Cumming he will tell you its F****** S**** :lol: but we need to have it to get back into the Premier League :wink:.

On 22/11/2017 at 8:05 PM, Kingsmills said:

Yup. We never had a single match called off due to weather conditions before the SPL forced us to install undersoil heating.

I'm not sure if that was actually the case? Certainly there was a long initial spell without a postponement but I do have a recollection that the first one was a lower league game - possibly against Arbroath???

4 hours ago, tm4tj said:

CTO Preview for Buddies game.

Sorry to appear contradictory, but is it not 657 minutes that the shut out has lasted so far? I make it 7 full games, totalling 630 minutes plus the last 27 minutes of the game at Dumbarton where the last goal was conceded on September 23rd? I suspect that the 693 comes from basing the calculation on 27 minutes short of 8 games (720 - 27) while it's actually 27 minutes over and above 7 (630 + 27).

Edited by Charles Bannerman

9 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Sorry to appear contradictory, but is it not 657 minutes that the shut out has lasted so far? I make it 7 full games, totalling 630 minutes plus the last 27 minutes of the game at Dumbarton where the last goal was conceded on September 23rd? I suspect that the 693 comes from basing the calculation on 27 minutes short of 8 games (720 - 27) while it's actually 27 minutes over and above 7 (630 + 27).

Hi Charles, I based it on my suspect calculations of Dumbarton game including any time added on at end of game. Never going to get exact figures as I suppose there may be time added on at end of first half as well. Best guess I suppose. I'll have another check over the figures.

Just to add, there's probably time added on to the time added on plus the half time add ones. It's more than likely nearer 700 minutes. I don't suppose there is an exact science for this. Any offers?

29 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Hi Charles, I based it on my suspect calculations of Dumbarton game including any time added on at end of game. Never going to get exact figures as I suppose there may be time added on at end of first half as well. Best guess I suppose. I'll have another check over the figures.

With one exception, I don't think added time is a consideration here, since it's only an adjustment to restore a game to 90 minutes of play. The exception would be time added at the end of the Dumbarton game that wasn't attributable to delays during the last 27 mins.... ie to delays during the 1st 18 mins of the second half. But Hell?Let 's just keep shutting them out?