St Mirren match

51 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Is there a pitch inspection ?

It'd be nice if the club clarified this.  I've noticed a few people ask on Twitter who are travelling from further afield to no reply.  The club manages to tweet for the 50th time this week about the shirt discount though...

Edited by Renegade

22 minutes ago, Renegade said:

It'd be nice if the club clarified this.  I've noticed a few people ask on Twitter who are travelling from further afield to no reply.  The club manages to tweet for the 50th time this week about the shirt discount though...

I am assuming, since the club have not informed us otherwise, that there is no pitch inspection and the game is not in doubt.

At least, that was my assumption until the question 'when is the pitch inspection?' was asked.

The weather in Inverness is sleety showers and cold. Not that bad to cancel the football today.

On Tuesdays postponement v Brechin it was torrential rain all day that called it off. 

There was one game I remember due at home to QOS postponed due to heavy snow/ice maybe a cup-tie not too many years ago. 

3 hours ago, buckett said:

I'm sure I remember coming through to Inverness around New Year to find the derby game against Ross County at Longman Stadium (as it was called then) was postponed due to a frozen pitch.

from my memory it was never called longman stadium it was caledonian stadium

Edited by caleyboy

46 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

from my memory it was never called longman stadium it was caledonian stadium

That is correct. The Council, as a quid pro quo for the lease of the land, wanted the club's "best endeavours" to be made for it to be called the Longman Stadium, but the political situation at the time was such that calling it the Caledonian Stadium was a major component of getting the Caley "sceptics" on board, so that's what the name became.

6 hours ago, buckett said:

I'm sure I remember coming through to Inverness around New Year to find the derby game against Ross County at Longman Stadium (as it was called then) was postponed due to a frozen pitch.

We drove up from Norwich for the NewYear game at Dungwall that was postponed due to the frozen pitch, stayed overnight in Aberdeen and got as far as Nairn before we heard on the radio that the game was off! It had been -11 the night before so was no great surprise but couldn't get any confirmation before we set off. I hate late call-offs, they're always a pain in the proverbial for some poor sod.

38 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

We drove up from Norwich for the NewYear game at Dungwall that was postponed due to the frozen pitch, stayed overnight in Aberdeen and got as far as Nairn before we heard on the radio that the game was off! It had been -11 the night before so was no great surprise but couldn't get any confirmation before we set off. I hate late call-offs, they're always a pain in the proverbial for some poor sod.

Summer football Scandanavian style needed? Shinty switched to that a few years ago. I remember going weeks between shinty matches in my playing days. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Caman said:

Summer football Scandanavian style needed? Shinty switched to that a few years ago. I remember going weeks between shinty matches in my playing days. 

i had a good idea from yer posts that you  preferred swinging that weapon rather than drilling that ba wi yer tootsie?

53 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

i had a good idea from yer posts that you  preferred swinging that weapon rather than drilling that ba wi yer tootsie?

I was top notch on a shinty pitch, average on a football pitch. Plus I have always been modest. 

Me and Susan are at the Nip Inn waiting for you. Hurry up and get here. 2 Babychams for us when you're getting your special brew. :crazy:

21 minutes ago, Caman said:

I was top notch on a shinty pitch, average on a football pitch. Plus I have always been modest. 

Me and Susan are at the Nip Inn waiting for you. Hurry up and get here. 2 Babychams for us when you're getting your special brew. :crazy:

The mind boggles!! Lol....

Edited by Robert
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Seems you got dropped pretty often then :laugh:

Let me re phrase that, weeks between matches due to the wintry weather meaning postponements my dear Charles :lol:

If things don't change radically this season, maybe we will have to rename the stadium  "The Caley Park", like the good old days.

Shoot!

Maybe we will have to call out the grizzled veterans....Bobby Bolt, Pete Mackinnon, Frankie Macbeth and Jupie Mitchell.... to show us how it's done.  It's nae the Premier league nor the fancy name of the Championship but it was still a great day's outing.    Yessss!