CLUB STATEMENT : AGM & Annual Report : 23/11/17

ICTFC

2 hours ago, davie said:

DD, forgive me but is the Brechin game not tomorrow night and the CJT AGM the next week - 5th December? There's not much that would make me miss a game but I share your concerns and might add a couple more so this would. I had to re-submit my membership on Saturday after being approached by a Board Member on the grounds that there was no basis in CJT's rules for continuing membership and that's why I hadn't heard anything. Ifound that curious but if it is the case, the terms of membership as understood by most members would seem to have been changed without recourse to the membership or without publicising the fact. I'm aware of CJT's struggle with its constitution over the past  while. If any member of CJT has not recieved notice of the AGM (and I still haven't) my best advice would be to download a membership form (Scotty has a link on this site) and get them in ASAP. You can then turn up at the AGM and question the Board as to why you have apparently been excluded.

I don't want to detract from this important thread but I collected mail today and there was no membership applications for collection, indeed only the letter referred to above

2 hours ago, davie said:

DD, forgive me but is the Brechin game not tomorrow night and the CJT AGM the next week - 5th December? There's not much that would make me miss a game but I share your concerns and might add a couple more so this would. I had to re-submit my membership on Saturday after being approached by a Board Member on the grounds that there was no basis in CJT's rules for continuing membership and that's why I hadn't heard anything. Ifound that curious but if it is the case, the terms of membership as understood by most members would seem to have been changed without recourse to the membership or without publicising the fact. I'm aware of CJT's struggle with its constitution over the past  while. If any member of CJT has not recieved notice of the AGM (and I still haven't) my best advice would be to download a membership form (Scotty has a link on this site) and get them in ASAP. You can then turn up at the AGM and question the Board as to why you have apparently been excluded.

My requests for a copy of the rules upon which the organisation are currently operating has not been responded too

I was not asked for any renewal, but I was asked to send confirmation of my contact details (many weeks ago).  I have done that, but had no response.

I have received no notification of any need to renew, and would not have expected one....not because I do not believe myself a member, but it would irresponsible (and a breach of regulations) for the organisation to effectively cancel all memberships in the manner they seem to have done and ask people to re-apply, without (as Davie as highlighted) notifying the membership of a change to procedures.

My family, who are members, have also not received any notice....nor have a number of other people I have spoken to.

6 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Yes, still trying to get my head round it.

as major shareholders they are asking very direct questions shareholders should have been asking many years ago. I hope they get the answers to expose what has actually gone on. ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The way I remember it, it was MacGillvray who was at the wheel when the club ran up crippling debts that could not be sustained and would have ended ICTFC less than 10 years after it started.

He then went to support Ross County and, having fallen out of favour there for trying to stick his nose in, has now come back to do the same here.

Bit rich for him to be playing the 'best interests of the club' card. Are people really trusting the words of a man with that history?

7 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Yes, still trying to get my head round it.

Me too! On first reading I thought wtf, who are the ones with the most personal interest here rather than the club's interest? Still haven't come to any conclusions, so think my votes will remain undecided and unposted this year unless a clear, honest and unbiased assessment appears from the ether, which I very much doubt.

23 minutes ago, Buster said:

The way I remember it, it was MacGillvray who was at the wheel when the club ran up crippling debts that could not be sustained and would have ended ICTFC less than 10 years after it started.

He then went to support Ross County and, having fallen out of favour there for trying to stick his nose in, has now come back to do the same here.

Bit rich for him to be playing the 'best interests of the club' card. Are people really trusting the words of a man with that history?

Hopefully lessons have been learned from past mistakes so let us just move on and let them all get together and sort out the mess

• Agree 1

Based on below link, I'm not sure that the difference between finishing 7th and 12th is the whole reason for the extent of the loss.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1385575-this-is-how-much-your-team-will-make-in-post-split-money/

I suppose much also depends on when income gets booked/recognised in the accounts given we got relegated on 20th May 2017 and the current accounts being reported declare the financial results for the year from 1 June 2016 to 31 May 2017. 

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Leaving aside their motives, whatever they might be, how did the 3 signatories of the letter get the names and addresses of fellow shareholders in order to write to them individually?  

The Companies Act 2006 gives shareholders the right to ask to see a number of documents. For example, these include:

Edited by caleyboy

10 hours ago, Buster said:

It was indeed under his stewardship that we ran up debts of almost three million pounds, well over twice our annual turnover at the time.

Had it not been for that level of debt, the club would still be the principal lease holders for the whole of the land on which the stadium and car parks sit and we would not be having many of the issues we are now.

However, just because he was part of the problem nearly two decades ago doesn't mean that he can't potentially be part of the solution now.

Despite that history, he deserves a fair hearing on what he has to say now.

• Agree 2

the football club board were probably only involved when the lease was transferred to the Trust. I believe the Trust directors were messrs Sutherland Sellar and Stewart who would be involved in the next transfer. Maybe they sould answer the next set of questions. It was always a mystery how the Trust could service the debt involved and maybe this was a reason to move the lease on to the next in line, whoever that was.

Edited by caleyboy

14 hours ago, L_G said:

I don't want to detract from this important thread but I collected mail today and there was no membership applications for collection, indeed only the letter referred to above

Hi LG, I have checked, the form is where it was put on Saturday - in the dookit. If it could be collected prior to the agm, I'd be grateful. 

9 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

It was indeed under his stewardship that we ran up debts of almost three million pounds, well over twice our annual turnover at the time.

Had it not been for that level of debt, the club would still be the principal lease holders for the whole of the land on which the stadium and car parks sit and we would not be having many of the issues we are now.

However, just because he was part of the problem nearly two decades ago doesn't mean that he can't potentially be part of the solution now.

Despite that history, he deserves a fair hearing on what he has to say now.

Whilst all that may be true, its not that simple and there are many shades of grey, not just black and white. Hindsight is also a wonderful thing !  I am not saying there were no errors made, and no money wasted, but he was overseeing the building of a brand new stadium and an access road that in the end has opened up the whole area around the stadium for the development that has taken place over the last 20+ years. The design of the stadium was adjusted over the time of construction, costs of the road changed, and the grants we were given did not cover those costs ...  I would suggest that the debt, crippling though it was, was somewhat unavoidable given our assurances to the SFA/SPFL during our time of admission to the league .... so should we blame that on the Chairman before DM? 

DFS came in with his solution(s) when we were in real trouble and some were ok with that, others not so much. Lots of questioning of his motives then, and these continue to this day. Subsequent chairmen have attempted to do their best and I find it hard to believe that any of them came into the club with anything but the best of intentions to move the club forward.  Perhaps there are some very direct questions that need to be addressed in light of the comments made recently by a few folk but I think our bigger problem with various Chairmen at times has been one of egos. Individually they are all good people who as I said already, I believe, have the interests of ICT at heart, but put them in a room together and for some it becomes a pissing contest which is unfortunate and at some points in our history counter-productive.  

Also -- Some people are mentioning Grassa coming back as DoF in recent posts ...  some are saying that his time was past etc. whereas others think it a good idea. I remain on the fence. He did a good job in the role before, but I dont know what he's been up to for the last dozen years or more. I remember there was a right kerfuffle when he was last in the post though ... when it was revealed in the accounts that he had the sheer audacity to take a salary for doing what was effectively a full-time job !!! ..... I hope that if he does take it on again, or for whoever takes it on, we are not expecting them to do it for nothing.    

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that's all very well but doesn't explain who has given permissions for use of the car parks as vehicle compounds for Thrifty. Check the Council Planning Applications part of the website and you'll see that no applications have been lodged. Nothing in Council committee minutes of the Common Good allowing that use either.

Edited by Row S
  • Facepalm 4

On 10/12/2017 at 11:38 PM, MorayJaggie said:

The Tulloch reply basically says we have plans that will take several years to get past the council and we will move the car parks. 

They are pretty handy where they are right next to the stadium particularly for those with mobility issues.

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

I had a feeling this was coming when all the previous directors left the board and the date for the handover was pushed back again and again.

Where would this other parking be exactly? Vague promises are one of the reasons we're in this shambles. 

If it's accurate what they say, it sounds like we've no option but to do what Tulloch want.