CLUB STATEMENT : AGM & Annual Report : 23/11/17

ICTFC

Given these eye watering losses, it is truly sickening that we've allegedly been having to pay staff / management who contributed to our demise long after they left / stopped "contributing" . I appreciate there are contracts but there should be a legal "out" for relegation (or similar) circumstances ... surely. I hope the club suitably explored this legal avenue. 

It seems plain immoral if people like OFW is still bagging huge wages for sitting on his a@#$ after contributing to our demise ... while current squad players are doing their best for us and earning a relative pittance.

18 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Given these eye watering losses, it is truly sickening that we've allegedly been having to pay staff / management who contributed to our demise long after they left / stopped "contributing" . I appreciate there are contracts but there should be a legal "out" for relegation (or similar) circumstances ... surely. I hope the club suitably explored this legal avenue. 

It seems plain immoral if people like OFW is still bagging huge wages for sitting on his a@#$ after contributing to our demise ... while current squad players are doing their best for us and earning a relative pittance.

The time to consider such 'get out' clauses was when the contracts were initially negotiated and agreed.

For whatever reason, those managing the club at that time did not take that prudent step and we continue to pay the price for that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

26 minutes ago, cif73 said:

That's harsh OFWs a top keeper rarely had a bad game for us and played thro injury the season we went down can't expect him to walk away from a half decent wage he's like the rest of us got rent to pay I'd take a bumper pay packet if it was offered tho tbh doubt he's taking home that much

That's right.!

The time to give thoughtful and fair consideration to what terms should be in the contract is before, not after. If it's a real contract then the contractee has as much right as the contractor to demand and expect that the club keep their side of the bargain. Otherwise they have the possibility always looming over them that the club can and may take advantage of them whilst they, in turn , are out of a job.

If OFW is  fit to play then why does the club not give him a game or two to rest our current ,fantastic goalie and keep OFW in trim and practice.

4 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

That's right.!

The time to give thoughtful and fair consideration to what terms should be in the contract is before, not after. If it's a real contract then the contractee has as much right as the contractor to demand and expect that the club keep their side of the bargain. Otherwise they have the possibility always looming over them that the club can and may take advantage of them whilst they, in turn , are out of a job.

If OFW is  fit to play then why does the club not give him a game or two to rest our current ,fantastic goalie and keep OFW in trim and practice.

simple. we can't afford him. that's why he was/is out on loan.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Look at the numbers though.  Let's say 2000 home fans.  Not all will be Full price (kids/ concessions etc) so if we agree an average gate receipt of £17 a skull just as an example.  £35k for a game.  This is to pay operating expenses - catering, gates, stewards, ground staff, management etc - as well as playing staff from FT, coaching and youth/ apprentice.  These just don't stack up I think we'd agree and IMHO confirm that the club are not spending way above or on the wrong things - our spend is perhaps aspirational but I don't think any of us want a return to PT football or to cull the Youth?  That's why we need to consider SheepSlagger's crowd funding angle?  For clarity I'm not on the board I'm a season ticket holder in the family section in the North Stand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Look at the numbers though.  Let's say 2000 home fans.  Not all will be Full price (kids/ concessions etc) so if we agree an average gate receipt of £17 a skull just as an example.  £35k for a game.  This is to pay operating expenses - catering, gates, stewards, ground staff, management etc - as well as playing staff from FT, coaching and youth/ apprentice.  These just don't stack up I think we'd agree and IMHO confirm that the club are not spending way above or on the wrong things - our spend is perhaps aspirational but I don't think any of us want a return to PT football or to cull the Youth?  That's why we need to consider SheepSlagger's crowd funding angle?  For clarity I'm not on the board I'm a season ticket holder in the family section in the North Stand.

Thats not the kind of spending I am meaning WH. Im not meaning the football or youth kind of spending.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RiG said:

Not sacking Foran when he was clearly out of his depth will haunt this club for years to come.

The fans or a lot of them were right behind foran desperate for yogi to get the sack madness putting a rookie in charge! Mind the last game of the season the players getting a standing ovation from sections of fans not moi obvs for a complete disaster of a season with ramifications could last for years wtf

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

So if your local shop stops trading because they cant compete - would you start giving them donations? No, you'd let them either restructure and trade accordingly or go to the wall.

This whole idea that the club trades on loyalty of hard working individuals who often already contribute to offer even more in return for nothing seems naive. Its time for the board members (afterall they have each chosen to be there) to make the hard choices of how to restructure the club and move it forwards in a long term and sustainable way. Begging for money is not the solution - however if there are affluent fans who want to throw their money into this pit then go ahead, maybe they will even create a plaque with your names so you can all get the plaudits from the rest of us.

• Facepalm 1

On 2/25/2019 at 6:38 AM, Alan Simpson said:

Are we skint or what then more cuts required on the playing front?? Foran should kit us out free gratis with his new sportswear kit seeing as it was that Fudd along with the previous chairman who backed him who have pretty much fcked our club! 

Its a little more complicated than that I would think.

Whilst the previous board may have overspent on a premiership budget with premiership income (plus the odd windfall from other clubs' European football escapades or indeed OFW bonus from the Euros), the concern here is current and ongoing problem highlighted in the auditors report.  We have obviously taken steps to reduce our spending since leaving the premiership and we are now operating on a championship budget with championship income (leading to grumbles about the quality of play). Part of the issue may be a legacy from our time in the top flight, but not all of it.  I would be interested to hear how we are aiming to plug this hole. Using the stands as collateral to our debts is a recipe for disaster and the admirable idea to crowdfund some more finances will - in my opinion - only scratch the surface.  What is the plan ? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Scotty said:

Its a little more complicated than that I would think.

Whilst the previous board may have overspent on a premiership budget with premiership income (plus the odd windfall from other clubs' European football escapades or indeed OFW bonus from the Euros), the concern here is current and ongoing problem highlighted in the auditors report.  We have obviously taken steps to reduce our spending since leaving the championship and we are now operating on a championship budget with championship income (leading to grumbles about the quality of play). Part of the issue may be a legacy from our time in the top flight, but not all of it.  I would be interested to hear how we are aiming to plug this hole. Using the stands as collateral to our debts is a recipe for disaster and the admirable idea to crowdfund some more finances will - in my opinion - only scratch the surface.  What is the plan ? 

Might be but relegation must've cost the club millions in lost revenue by now surely no way we'd have been in this shape without relegation! Crowd funding won't work wer no Man Utd huge fan base be lucky to raise a weeks wages tough times ahead now! Make more use of the ground and facilities hire it out for gigs etc?

Me and some of my friends would like to know how effective the commercial staff, and their management are? If we do not receive as much cash from the league then we need to find a way to generate it ourselves. There are a lot of players left unsponsored and hospitality is seldom full these days. I remember a previous chairman stating that there was no need to replace Mike Smith as CEO because his wage was too high and the day to day stuff could be handled by other staff and the directors. If we are in such bad shape financially, why do we need a CEO who seems to be all but invisible? For all his faults, Mike Smith was very visible. Why cant we sell our sponsorship or hospitality? 

• Like 1

Maybe the club could introduce a cost cutting initiative in the boardroom.

Replacing Diet Coke with tap water for the local press would save on the supermarket bill at least.

Every bit helps no matter how little.

Dougal

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 3

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Not sacking Foran when he was clearly out of his depth will haunt this club for years to come.

Entirely agree. I think appointing him was a reasonable risk to take. Giving him a five year contract was incomprehensible and failing to act when it was clear he was neither a manager or a coach and we were heading for relegation was negligent.

Unless we are somehow promoted this season we will see just how negligent very soon.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, dougal said:

Maybe the club could introduce a cost cutting initiative in the boardroom.

Replacing Diet Coke with tap water for the local press would save on the supermarket bill at least.

Every bit helps no matter how little.

Dougal

No wonder CB and others have abandoned this site.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1