Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

Not got a good feeling about today given St Mirren's position in the league and that Warren is back playing i have been saying for 2 seasons now he is past it can it be coincidence while he was out of the team they go on a clean sheet run ....time will tell?? 5pm approx

1 hour ago, Polo Chick said:

Not got a good feeling about today given St Mirren's position in the league and that Warren is back playing i have been saying for 2 seasons now he is past it can it be coincidence while he was out of the team they go on a clean sheet run ....time will tell??

Looks like time has just told :cry:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Polo Chick said:

Not got a good feeling about today given St Mirren's position in the league and that Warren is back playing i have been saying for 2 seasons now he is past it can it be coincidence while he was out of the team they go on a clean sheet run ....time will tell?? 5pm approx

Prescient

Some absolute heads gone stuff from Inverness fans at full time, myself included, at the performance of that referee and fully justified too. Quite possibly the worst performance from an official I have ever seen at TCS in years. How Smith and Samson stayed on the pitch after flattening Vigurs on two separate occasions is beyond me. I'm not a fan of saying we lost a game because of an official but after what I saw this afternoon its very hard not to state exactly that. 

Edited by RiG
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7

I'm beside myself with anger. 

That s##t Ref, the St Mirren goalie assaulting Oakley (I think it was him). 

I didn't realise until after the match that Vigurs was sent off. I did think he should have been subbed to avoid that though. 

St Mirren are no better than us, but again we couldn't score. There goalie kept them in it in the first half with 3 or 4 cracking saves. 

Warren should have 'dealt' with the St Mirren player before that move led to the penalty that shouldn't have been. 

Coll Donaldson was my MoTM, so not quite sure why Connor Bell got it (No offence to Bell). 

Then to top it all off, Chick 'the hun' Young calling it a 'convincing' win for the Paisley plebs on the radio got my blood boiling all over again. 

I'm off to bed crying. :cry:

P.S. Don't think Tuesday night's game will be on unless the weather improves.

Edited by Guest

Great effort from the team today in horrendous conditions.  The better side lost because the referee was even more horrendous than the weather.  There is little point talking about any other aspect of the game as the game as a contest was simply ruined by the most inept referee and biased refereeing performance I can remember.  I trust the club will be making representations to the SFA about this because such incompetence is simply not acceptable.

• Agree 5

38 minutes ago, RiG said:

Some absolute heads gone stuff from Inverness fans at full time, myself included, at the performance of that referee and fully justified too. Quite possibly the worst performance from an official I have ever seen at TCS in years. How Smith and Samson stayed on the pitch after flattening Vigurs on two separate occasions is beyond me. I'm not a fan of saying we lost a game because of an official but after what I saw this afternoon its very hard not to state exactly that. 

Agree with all of the above.  The ref was abysmal.

I lost count of the number of times Bell was clattered from behind and no foul was given.

25 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Great effort from the team today in horrendous conditions.  The better side lost because the referee was even more horrendous than the weather.  There is little point talking about any other aspect of the game as the game as a contest was simply ruined by the most inept referee and biased refereeing performance I can remember.  I trust the club will be making representations to the SFA about this because such incompetence is simply not acceptable.

Well said, beaten by the ref today.

For those not there, conditions were appalling, and in the second half the ball was holding up badly in front of our goal. I doubt the game would have gone ahead had the pitch been that sodden at the start.

We had the best of the first half, with several good efforts from range, particularly from Polworth but also Vigurs and Chalmers, with Warren coming close from a header.

The weather and ref spoiled the second half. It was a bad penalty to concede, whilst the second was a late breakaway.

I said before half time there would be a sending off as it was a bad tempered game. St Mirren were quite cynical, but some of our players were getting wound up about it and mouthing a lot to the ref. That didn't help our cause.

Quite how Vigurs got sent off amazes me when the culprit was the St Mirren goalie. The ref bottled sending him off and booked both players, hence Vigurs being off. Disgraceful.

Credit to the players though for trying in dreadful conditions. We were the better team and tried to play football, so fans not there should not feel things have turned for the worse.

Even more credit to those, like me, in the lower tier of the main stand who stayed until the very end. It was the wettest I have been at a game in a very long time.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 3

After dominating the first half, and should've been ahead at half time, we turned in a pretty abysmal second half performance, I thought, and SM strolled it. 

That said, and as others have mentioned above, that was absolutely the most inept refereeing 'performance' I have ever witnessed :swear:. If that is the standard of referee we can expect at this level I despair. What's the point in paying to watch a football match only to have the experience ruined by the referee? Bring back the foreign referees please!

One more thing.....how is that excuse for a pundit Chick Young still in employment at the BBC? His post match summary was a joke. Does my licence fee really go towards paying f€@s like him wages!!!

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

After dominating the first half, and should've been ahead at half time, we turned in a pretty abysmal second half performance, I thought, and SM strolled it. 

That said, and as others have mentioned above, that was absolutely the most inept refereeing 'performance' I have ever witnessed :swear:. If that is the standard of referee we can expect at this level I despair. What's the point in paying to watch a football match only to have the experience ruined by the referee? Bring back the foreign referees please!

One more thing.....how is that excuse for a pundit Chick Young still in employment at the BBC? His post match summary was a joke. Does my licence fee really go towards paying f€@s like him wages!!!

Yep, I said the same about Chick Young. He was probably too busy chatting up some slapper and not even watching the match. Little f#$ indeed!!!!

That was a refereeing performance that beggars belief . He is the worst I have seen in quite some time. The number of times Bell got taken from behind was unbelievable and most of the tackles he waved on, but would blow for a foul for them when it was a 50 50 tackle. We were by far the better side in the first half,  but, just as we have done in so many matches, we can't score when we are on top. The two small strikers up front just doesn't work, we need some muscle in there to win the balls. I said to my son that I could see a sending off in the game but I thought it would be their number 4, who got away with murder after he had already been booked. The conditions were horrendous,  probably the worst I have experienced at the stadium, and the ball started to get held up with the surface water. We mustn't let the heads go down, and go for the three points against Brechin and get the momentum going again.

56 minutes ago, Caman said:

I'm beside myself with anger. 

That s##t Ref, the St Mirren goalie assaulting Oakley (I think it was him). 

I didn't realise until after the match that Vigurs was sent off. I did think he should have been subbed to avoid that though. 

St Mirren are no better than us, but again we couldn't score. There goalie kept them in it in the first half with 3 or 4 cracking saves. 

Warren should have 'dealt' with the St Mirren player before that move led to the penalty that shouldn't have been. 

Coll Donaldson was my MoTM, so not quite sure why Connor Bell got it (No offence to Bell). 

Then to top it all off, Chick 'the hun' Young calling it a 'convincing' win for the Paisley plebs on the radio got my blood boiling all over again. 

I'm off to bed crying. :cry:

P.S. Don't think Tuesday night's game will be on unless the weather improves.

Forgot to mention,

Tactically - why was Doran not brought on? Calder getting on ahead of Doran when we needed something different to get a goal? Calder is one of our poorest players and is no match winner. Doran - one of our best players. Strange and poor decision in my opinion. 

Edited by Guest

And the award for pi$$ poor referring performance so far this season must easily go to John McKendrick.....NO CONTEST!. If a random stranger was told to toss a coin to make decisions during the game you probably would have been better off. If he has any morals or sense of shame he will forfeit his fee for this game! :frustrated01:

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic