Inverness CT -V- St Mirren

Scotty

1 hour ago, forresjags said:

If he doesn't get a chance we will never know . IMO not had a chance to prove himself , I think Baird is living on his past reputation and on present form is struggling in his role as a lone striker.

Baird has a past reputation to live of ? We played some decent football today, especially in the first half, in the face of cynical opposition and hopelessly incompetent officials.

Our continuing problem is that we that we don't have a forward capable of scoring regularly. That was an issue that was hard enough to solve with Premiership resources and is all the more difficult now.

We won't be promoted this season but nor are we in any great danger of a second successive relegation. Robbo is gradually getting a team to gel and if we can use the rest of this season to fine tune that and add a bit of quality to the squad then we will be in a much better position to mount a promotion push next season.

• Agree 1

I still have a headache and next to no voice from all the shouting I did at the ref. I was seething and was still mumping long after I watched the recording of Scotland whipping the Wallabies at Murrayfield.

Wow!  

Was the referee in the pockets of the opposition? If not, why are the SFA still playing such an official without direct  supervision?

ICT Management should forward the game video along with a formal complaint , to the SFA.

Referring to whom you call "Susan, well, he's a big lad and putting him in the forward line with instructions to "melt the blighters" if they start  molesting the players who have an  intent to injure, will result in one of two things:-

(1.) He will be sent off....... or (2.) He will teach them a lesson they will never forget.......(3.)He will at first just cry and then will refuse or ........(4) make a name for himself as what is termed in North America in  the  National ice  Hockey League as an "ENFORCER". One player on their  team who thinks he can attack  other players in the opposition's team with deliberate intent to injure if that opposition team's players are deliberately playing dirty or are much superior in talent.The thinking on this is to even the playing field.

Susan Schussen  seems to be big enough to be an  enforcer but whether or not he feels he can earn his wages by lighting into the opposition with ill intent would remain to be seen. Doesn't the guy have to do something to earn his wages?.........  Just asking?:redcard:

We are looking more than likely to be at least another season or more in the championship. We simply have to cut our cloth(again) and offload the clutter in january. A new year a new era beckons

17 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Great effort from the team today in horrendous conditions.  The better side lost because the referee was even more horrendous than the weather.  There is little point talking about any other aspect of the game as the game as a contest was simply ruined by the most inept referee and biased refereeing performance I can remember.  I trust the club will be making representations to the SFA about this because such incompetence is simply not acceptable.

17 hours ago, RiG said:

Some absolute heads gone stuff from Inverness fans at full time, myself included, at the performance of that referee and fully justified too. Quite possibly the worst performance from an official I have ever seen at TCS in years. How Smith and Samson stayed on the pitch after flattening Vigurs on two separate occasions is beyond me. I'm not a fan of saying we lost a game because of an official but after what I saw this afternoon its very hard not to state exactly that. 

Totally agree with these two posts, my thoughts exactly. That referee !!! well I think that has been the first time I have ever stood up and Boooooooed anybody, He made an absolute imbecilic example of himself a disgrace to Scottish Football and should be removed from his position immediately. This is the day after the match and I am still fuming and trying to disbelieve what I saw.

From all accounts we were robbed.  Sad to see our good run come to an end in such circumstances.  Just listened to Robbo's post match interview.  Is he likely to be in trouble with the authorities for his comments about the referee?  Much as we all would probably agree with him, it could lead to a fine, money we can not afford.  I hope the authorities don't pick up on it.

3 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

From all accounts we were robbed.  Sad to see our good run come to an end in such circumstances.  Just listened to Robbo's post match interview.  Is he likely to be in trouble with the authorities for his comments about the referee?  Much as we all would probably agree with him, it could lead to a fine, money we can not afford.  I hope the authorities don't pick up on it.

Id chip in to help pay it!!! He was quite restrained given the circumstances ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I posted before I read the other pages and it seems that nearly everyone of us was of the same opinion  as Rig and Doofers Dad whom I singled out on the first page.

All I want to add now is that given fair refereeing till the end of the season our Team will be in the Premier division next season. The guts, determination and ability is there, yes an additional striker would be an asset if he is the right calibre of player but even without, barring injury, we can still do it.

Finally don't fret Old Caley Girl you wont have to put your hand in your pocket if the video is watched by the Authorities, they will be too ashamed of their Referees performance and wont dare to reprimand Robbo for his words, afterall he was telling the obvious truth and it was plain to see if you were at the match.

• Funny 1

27 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Id chip in to help pay it!!! He was quite restrained given the circumstances ?

Agreed. I am normally not a fan of managers criticising officials for making honest mistakes but this performance was beyond incompetent and needed to be said.

10 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Why can't referees be critiqued or held accountable for their actions like every other person who works In the public view?

Agree 100%.  There has just been another shocking penalty decision (and red card) against Motherwell in today's Bet Fred final.  Yet more evidence for the need to use video technology.

• Agree 1

The speed Samson took off from his line to assault Vigurs would have made Usain Bolt jealous, and as for Chic the Neep, we are used to his anti Highland rants now,give him the contempt he deserves. Good after match comments from Robbo roll on Tuesday and hopefully 3 points

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

For a man who retired, Chick Young spends an awful lot of time on the airwaves...

Chic has retired from the BBC staff but still does some match day reporting for Radio Scotland, especially Open All Mics. I also believe that Barry Wilson, who normally does Inverness and County games, is away just now.

27 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Chic has retired from the BBC staff but still does some match day reporting for Radio Scotland, especially Open All Mics. I also believe that Barry Wilson, who normally does Inverness and County games, is away just now.

I was hoping we'd heard the last of him.  A man of course, who recently claimed on Sportsound that he'd been to the Partick Thistle match the previous week and his main observation was that Abdul Osman wasn't very good.  Osman wasn't playing.

• Funny 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic