David Raven

cif73

19 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Raven needs to do the maths. It's just not sustainable at that level of payments. It's not rocket science. Look at the abysmal crowds we attract. That will never ever pay for real quality. In fact, it appears that he was part of the problem with his wages. :shrug:

Looking at the number of red arrows you got there are a few that need to do their sums as well!  After winning the Scottish Cup we lost Shinnie and Watkins the board went into panic mode and increased some players wages including Raven (who has been a great servant to the club) which as tm4tj states with the crowds we have had it has led to a downward spiral and the club now has to work on a shoestring.  I hope that is behind us now but the club has to live within the limited resources it has.

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

David Raven has simply spoken the truth that we have been mismanaged both on and off the pitch since the dizzy heights of that cup win and rather than building on that success we have squandered it.

If that were not the case we would not be in the bottom half of the Championship and scraping the bottom of our coffers to bring in any players of any quality at all.

It needed to be said and it has been by someone that most fans have a great deal of respect for.

That said, there is no point in dwelling in the past. We are where we are. Fortunately, we now have a different board and a different manager and we are seeing a few embryonic green shoots of recovery. Time now to focus on cultivating those shoots without breaking the bank. We were an established Premiership club not so very long ago and there is no reason why, with hard work and a bit of good fortune, we can't be again.

It won't be this season after our disastrous start but we can go a long way to laying the foundations for success in the future perhaps even as early as next season. St Mirren, who did well to avoid successive relegations last season, are an example of how things can be turned around without necessarily spending a fortune.

maybe , just maybe, the decisions were made by a bit of a renegade chairman who seemed to be very popular with a rather large number on this forum?

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

maybe , just maybe, the decisions were made by a bit of a renegade chairman who seemed to be very popular with a rather large number on this forum?

I was one of them but have now to admit that it now appears that he bears a fair share of the blame together with Hughes, Foran and the other members of the board at the time.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I was one of them but have now to admit that it now appears that he bears a fair share of the blame together with Hughes, Foran and the other members of the board at the time.

well done Kingsmills,  it takes courage to admit one is wrong but I don't think any other directors (apart from maybe Thompson) knew what was going on. However, I do concede that they are still responsible for failing to keep control of him/them.?

Fair play to Graham Rae on ICT website regarding David Raven. 

Big shoulders and quality feet needed for the new No.2!!

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Wonder if we'll see Conrad Balatoni in to replace him.  He is the type of player Robbo seems to be going for and he was apparently very good at Ayr.

I hope not he was absolutely rotten for Falkirk against us earlier this season. I know that's just one game but he's prone to brain farts and making crucial mistakes. We'd be as well re-signing Devine.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I hope not he was absolutely rotten for Falkirk against us earlier this season. I know that's just one game but he's prone to brain farts and making crucial mistakes. We'd be as well re-signing Devine.

I'm sure you said the same several times when we first signed Donaldson and Ridgers. 

• Funny 2

I would expect Robbo to move McKay to RB tonight with Warren and Donaldson (if fit) as CBs. Tremarco will complete the back four. We also have Seedorf and Calder as cover for full backs. Personally and in terms of pace, I'd rather have Seedorf in for Warren. 

Will leave the "experts" to guess the rest of the team as any suggestions I make usually get shot down in flames on this site.

So Raven's replacement tonight is on the bench and we have Brad at RB which in past has been not great he cant cross the ball into the box i thought early on in the season Seedorf was a gem but what's happened to him? Another game another goal from Oakley yet he will still be benched on Saturday or mabey thats to avoid him signing for Aberdeen in the summer then on loan to Dingwall in January :amazed:

• Facepalm 1

On 1/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, RiG said:

We won't be signing him then as he's gone to Torquay.  Have to admit, I always thought he was decent at Partick and apparently did well with Ayr.  Form must've plummeted with Falkirk though. 

6 minutes ago, Renegade said:

We won't be signing him then as he's gone to Torquay.  Have to admit, I always thought he was decent at Partick and apparently did well with Ayr.  Form must've plummeted with Falkirk though. 

To be fair, everybody's form has plummeted at Falkirk of late.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I've just never rated the guy (I'm sure he's gutted about that). Don't remember him doing much at Killie though he did help us out in one game against them with this slack back pass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6f_Fuwzec&feature=youtu.be&t=23

• 2 weeks later...

DR has joined Wrexham. Might be playing today. Must have been the lure of teaming up with Scott Boden again. Good luck to DR. 

EDIT - Just checked. He's now there number 6 and on the bench today. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Caman said:

DR has joined Wrexham. Might be playing today. Must have been the lure of teaming up with Scott Boden again. Good luck to DR. 

EDIT - Just checked. He's now there number 6 and on the bench today. 

Surely, there isn't an ICT fan who doesn't wish him well. Good luck to him at his new club.

• Agree 4

19 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Surely, there isn't an ICT fan who doesn't wish him well. Good luck to him at his new club.

Agree 100%

I see he got on as sub after only 6 minutes today.  Playing in front of over 8000.  Not bad for 5th tier of English football.  We'd like even half that at our home games.

• Agree 3

They are in promotion contention, and Tranmere is really a derby match for them.

Great to see him get a team close to his home. Hopefully he gets a longer deal and a chance to start a coaching career.

• Agree 1