Scotty

I was clenching and wenching and things went well

Until the coppers came and rang my bell.

Then things fell apart when they got the smell

Of perfume seductive  which gave the it all  away.

"Oh michtie me", quoth the Sergeant in charge "someone's gonna pay"

But Opening the door all I heard was " I say I say, it's sergeant  Ray"

But too late for me , the simple visitor none else, as he knocked me down with a real belter round my crown 

With his big fat stick. Which made me think real quick---- 

That maybe if I hurried I might make it to the town

I then stuttered "It wisna me, it wiz him inside - a real nutter and a clown

But, sadly, after that it was "Lights oot the noo" and I thought I had been sat upon by a coo.

PLEASE FINISH THIS ODE TO A MISERABLE WRETCH IN CALEY BLUE

3 hours ago, RiG said:

A quick tally up shows that this is our lowest scoring start to a season (or rather after 15 games) since 2008/09 with just 17 goals scored.

8 of them against Brechin as well. 

15 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

If the highlights are indicative of the game it looks like two points dropped, need more composure around the box.

Considering what the team had to endure before the game, I'd say it was a valuable point gained. If we can keep up the current form until January and get rid of some dead wood, hopefully we'll be able to recruit a confident striker 

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Renegade said:

I see they all went to Newcastle for a night out post match.  Can't have all been in that bad a shape then...

Personally, I think they deserved a night out after a nightmare trip down (particularly for not letting the trip be an excuse for losing the game, which they didn't) - the players are human beings after all! 

Keeps the team spirit up as well...as long as they come back & knuckle down for Saturday's game, which I'm sure they will

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

22 hours ago, RiG said:

A quick tally up shows that this is our lowest scoring start to a season (or rather after 15 games) since 2008/09 with just 17 goals scored.

And if you remove the Brechin ( they would be the league whipping boys) games its a major concern!   too many no scores for us to consider even play off position.

9 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Personally, I think they deserved a night out after a nightmare trip down (particularly for not letting the trip be an excuse for losing the game, which they didn't) - the players are human beings after all! 

Keeps the team spirit up as well...as long as they come back & knuckle down for Saturday's game, which I'm sure they will

But I thought they hadn't slept, been traumatised, played a game of football and had eaten only pot noodles?!  They weren't in that bad a shape then. 

Edited by Renegade

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

But the game needed to be cancelled!  They'd eaten pot noodles!

Pot Noodles  - Chicken and Mushroom flavour I hope.   

They would have got their weekly pizza on their night out in Newcastle on the Saturday night. :clapoverhead:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic