ICTFC v FALKIRK : GAME OFF : Rescheduled for 12/12/17

ICTFC

On the advice of our groundsman, #ICTFC have requested that a pitch inspection be undertaken at the earliest opportunity. The SPFL have advised that this cannot be undertaken until the day of the game and we are arranging for that to happen as early as possible tomorrow morning.

30 minutes ago, ICTFC said:

On the advice of our groundsman, #ICTFC have requested that a pitch inspection be undertaken at the earliest opportunity. The SPFL have advised that this cannot be undertaken until the day of the game and we are arranging for that to happen as early as possible tomorrow morning.

Wow, 2 weeks in a row the SPFL have shown themselves up to have no common sense or consideration for travelling players, management and fans etc. 

In summary, wise up SPFL and have policies and procedures relevant for clubs that have to travel outwith 'your' precious central belt. 

There is life North of Perth you SPFL numpties!!!!!

Edited by Guest

Well. At least we tried. Well done to the club for attempting to do all in their hands to minimise inconvenience for supporters of both clubs.

As for the Scottish football authorities, their indifference to those who are the lifeblood of the game is appalling but sadly, no great surprise.

Edited by Kingsmills

Don't see the point of calling the game off prematurely if there's a possibility it could go ahead. Isn't it a British cliché not to trust the weatherman? Wasn't that long ago we faced East Fife in the Scottish Cup at Telford Street in similar conditions, IIRC fans who volunteered to scoop the snow off the pitch got a free ticket for the game. Undersoil heating, a dedicated group of kids with shovels, an orange ball and Bobs your Uncle.

An early morning inspection before away fans start their journey is a good compromise IMO.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Following our Manager’s further representations to the SPFL, a pitch inspection was held at 1:00pm and, as a result, the match has been postponed.

It has been agreed with Falkirk that the game should be re-arranged for this Tuesday, 12th. December with a 7:45 p.m. kick-off.

• ICTFC changed the title to ICTFC v FALKIRK : GAME OFF : Rescheduled for 12/12/17

Re-arranged to Tue, expect a poor turn out which will affect club income. Would it not be sensible to have tried to arrange it for the midweek between xmas & new year as there is no game planned? Even if it was an evening then 26th or 27th folks might be off work and more willing to travel or head along. 

Sensible decision calling off early but poor decision on the new fixture date IMO

• Agree 1

I Imagine that Tommy is stomping about in his wellies cursing the USH..

Going to resist the 'allure' of the pre Christmas crowds and have an afternoon by the fire with a bottle of Merlot and a box of mincemeat pies.

Edited by Kingsmills

35 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I Imagine that Tommy is stomping about in his wellies cursing the USH..

Going to resist the 'allure' of the pre Christmas crowds and have an afternoon by the fire with a bottle of Merlot and a box of mincemeat pies.

Singing Christmas  carols .

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Re-arranged to Tue, expect a poor turn out which will affect club income. Would it not be sensible to have tried to arrange it for the midweek between xmas & new year as there is no game planned? Even if it was an evening then 26th or 27th folks might be off work and more willing to travel or head along. 

27th would suit me just fine :wink:

3 hours ago, AlexJones said:

Don't see the point of calling the game off prematurely if there's a possibility it could go ahead. Isn't it a British cliché not to trust the weatherman? Wasn't that long ago we faced East Fife in the Scottish Cup at Telford Street in similar conditions, IIRC fans who volunteered to scoop the snow off the pitch got a free ticket for the game. Undersoil heating, a dedicated group of kids with shovels, an orange ball and Bobs your Uncle.

An early morning inspection before away fans start their journey is a good compromise IMO.

Hearing there was no chance of it going ahead thus the wish to call off today. Pitch soaking wet. 

30 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

Must be old age but I have to say after the suffering the elements at the St Midden game I was not looking forward to it again tomorrow.

I totally agree. I have been watching football in Inverness for nearly 50 years and I have never sat through weather like we did at the St. Mirren game. We had so many layers on and it still wasn't enough, so we contemplating our clothing for tomorrow just when we heard the game was off. Let's hope it's better for Tuesday. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I totally agree. I have been watching football in Inverness for nearly 50 years and I have never sat through weather like we did at the St. Mirren game. We had so many layers on and it still wasn't enough, so we contemplating our clothing for tomorrow just when we heard the game was off. Let's hope it's better for Tuesday. 

Put on an extra layer and take a hot water bottle it will be colder on Tuesday night :smile:

• Like 1

On 08/12/2017 at 1:12 PM, AlexJones said:

Don't agree, sorry - think a call off on the Friday is sensible as it allows more time for alternative plans to be made by the away fans - especially those who are maybe travelling up the night before (not many, probably). Also, given the state of the roads & travel situation/disruption, why ask the Falkirk team/fans to travel?

I would hope that the same common sense approach would be made if we were playing away (not likely, however)!

Probably time that Summer football is seriously considered...as per Scandanavian countries?

• Agree 1