Danny Williams

Doofer

I take it that James Vincent is still with Dundee, he doesn't seem to be getting much game time, or maybe he is injured? I thought that Ross and Williams would maybe end up at Falkirk with Hartley, as he was the one that signed them for Dundee, but their finances are probably as bad as ours.

It's a no from me. One day people will get over this live in the past thing. Pretty much every time a former player leaves this happens. Not going to be a starter and that's what we need players to challenge for starting spots.

Edited by Sean127
  • Agree 1

^ Agreed. Williams is an injury prone player and the Championship is a rough league with less player protection than the Premiership - also while he was decent cover in our squad he could never displace any of the more established players at the time. Given the opportunities he has had his career hasn't really progressed, it would be a huge gamble for a player who although quick has limited end product so unless it was a pay as you play or a low salary offer then I think its got the potential to be another costly error - duration at club & costs incurred V's games played ratio first time round isn't great so why repeat? 

To be pragmatic, I feel  considering  we just need to consolidate , and not get too ambitious on our very weak bank account .  We should not stretch our resources more than we have too ,  to maintain our status in the Championship.

Next season is another story , a lot of careful choices will have to be made and  hopefully a few good loan young  players may come our way.  this is a rebuilding situation which is going to take a lot of care and attention.  There is no point signing players that will deplete our cash flow for the future as well.

• Agree 1

I was a fan of Williams and saw potential, but I think he went backwards at Dundee.

I agree, the past is behind us, let him go wherever, and we can focus on building a squad to get us back up next season (assuming that ambition this season is unrealistic). 

Edited by Robert

34 minutes ago, Robert said:

I was a fan of Williams and saw potential, but I think he went backwards at Dundee.

I agree, the past is behind us, let him go wherever, and we can focus on building a squad to get us back up next season (assuming that ambition this season is unrealistic). 

I was also a fan of Williams, a very versatile player who did seem to go backwards at Dundee, in fact, all three of our players that Hartley took there, Williams, Ross and Vincent, never really set the heather on fire, with two now left and the other not in the squad.

1 hour ago, lightwelter said:

Another solid win, we’re creeping towards a play off place now, 5 points off. If we can bring in a clinical finisher (easier said than done given our financial predicament) we can really push on. 

Am pushing for Chris Duggan East Fife would cost us £25,000 - £40,000, they got him for free from Partick, only 23, now over his injury problems and scoring regularly in a mid table team. Good strikers take time to mature, you have to be in the position enough times to make the correct decision, this boy is now there and I expect him to kick on from here, we should move for him, I think it would prove to be a steal but the decision would be down to the board.

• 4 weeks later...