Jump to content

Recommended Posts

ball

THE MATCHDAY THREAD

Discuss ICT & other games in this thread as they happen
ball
home team logo

Inverness CT -V- Dumbarton

away team logo
 
16th Dec @ 3PM, Caledonian Stadium
twitter icon Follow us on Twitter
facebook icon Follow us on Facebook
chat Go to the Chatroom
ie

Media Coverage

 
ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW
 
Tweets by @ICTFC
Link to post
Share on other sites

The system we played towards the end with Doran, Oakley and Mulraney left our wide players too isolated. Good game management from Robbo overall and I agreed with the changes: a solid 3 points. Coll was absolutely superb today and fully warranted his MoM. 

Unfortunately Baird will miss his slot up front in the next game if sense prevails, even Doran would do a turn up there. 

Edited by Northern_jaggie
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That is what you call a hard fought 3 points. We played some good football in the first half but our final ball was woeful,  the second half was so disjointed and we were beginning to panic towards the end. For me, Donaldson, Tremarco, Trafford  and Raven were the stand outs . Baird needs to be benched in the next game,  and after I had thought that Polworth had turned a corner with his attitude,  he turns in his worst performance of the season. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been pushing for Chris Duggan East Fife would cost us £25,000 - £40,000, (for the most important position on the park I think that's a bargain) they got him for free from Partick, only 23, now over his injury problems and scoring regularly in a mid table team. Good strikers take time to mature, you have to be in the position enough times to make the correct decision, this boy is now there and I expect him to kick on from here, we should move for him, I think it would prove to be a steal but the decision would be down to the board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

I have been pushing for Chris Duggan East Fife would cost us £25,000 - £40,000, (for the most important position on the park I think that's a bargain) they got him for free from Partick, only 23, now over his injury problems and scoring regularly in a mid table team. Good strikers take time to mature, you have to be in the position enough times to make the correct decision, this boy is now there and I expect him to kick on from here, we should move for him, I think it would prove to be a steal but the decision would be down to the board.

the board only control the cash (or lack of it). Robbo needs to fancy him in the first place

.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Highlight was Coll Donaldson doing a Cruyff turn whilst being pressured towards his own corner flag and gliding away from his opponent. Other than that.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

That is what you call a hard fought 3 points. We played some good football in the first half but our final ball was woeful,  the second half was so disjointed and we were beginning to panic towards the end. For me, Donaldson, Tremarco, Trafford  and Raven were the stand outs . Baird needs to be benched in the next game,  and after I had thought that Polworth had turned a corner with his attitude,  he turns in his worst performance of the season. 

Agreed. 

Polworth missed Vigurs in my opinion and didn't shine. He had a bad game and was frustrated. 

Baird = Merd. Why oh why does Robbo persist with that duffer????

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Caman said:

Agreed. 

Polworth missed Vigurs in my opinion and didn't shine. He had a bad game and was frustrated. 

Baird = Merd. Why oh why does Robbo persist with that duffer????

Because, right at the moment, we have few other options.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good, quick moves in the first half, but in the second we were quite sloppy with a lot of misplaced passes, and were maybe fortunate to hold on.

Great delivery by Chalmers for captain Tremarco's goal.

Otherwise, the highlight as RiG has said was the skill Donaldson showed a couple of times to ease the pressure on himself, although if it had gone wrong.....

We would not have won this game earlier in the season, so another sign of progress.

Only three points off 5th and five off the play offs, with 10 clean sheets in 11 games, so hopefully we continue to push on.

My thoughts on the players:

Ridgers did all that was asked of him.

The defence held firm, even when the animal that is Nade was thrown on. Mckay was up against him and unlucky to get booked, whilst another ref may have sent Nade off for his reaction to the challenge. Raven was steady, Tremarco is getting back to his best, whilst Donaldson held it together.

Trafford did ok in the holding role, although I felt we missed Vigurs. Chalmers and Polworth were quieter. Polly was looking for the ball first half but less so second half.

Bell put a shift in, but not as influential as sometimes. Baird worked hard, but lacked an end product. Mulraney had a decent first half, but was poor after the break.

Of the subs, Doran was lively but not back to his best yet, Oakley worked hard and should maybe start ahead of Baird given his height, whilst Calder was not on that long.

We got what we needed, and ground out the win.

Onwards and upwards hopefully!

i don't want to end on a downbeat note, but there was very little atmosphere. The Dumbarton fans were in the main stand, and the home end seemed subdued for some reason.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well needed 3 points after a mediocre display, Another shutout which is testament to the Mackay / Donaldson / Ridgers display, I thought Ridgers deserves a mention as he's now looking like a confident Goalie!  Coll was exceptional, glad he's signed on.

The down side is that quite a few players didn't show up today,  Mulraney, after a pretty good start lost his mojo and got lost in a divot, Polworth tried but nothing came off for him...  nothing, his head eventually went down and the passing got worse.  Trafford worked  a bit but him and Chalmers were sitting too deep to help , Chalmers guilty of too many pass bakcs when a drive forward into space might have been a better option, It gave the 9 Dumbarton defenders time to get back and get organised.

Bell and Baird...    well they should be buying Carl a bottle of bubbly cos he showed them and saved them.

Baird needs dropped, start with Oakley and Bell, Start with Doran, when Vigurs returns next week Polly will be happier.

Also the quest for a right back should be well under way......  i hope.

Edited by caley100
  • Agree 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add to the positive comments about Ridgers too- he had a great save in the first half and strongly commanded his area all day. His kicking was faultless all day too.

Looking where we are with the back four and GK, id even go so far to say Coll and Carl are SPFL standard right now, Mark isn’t far off and if he keeps steady for the rest of the year he could be that standard too. Brad gets most of the key things right: marks his man, is close or wins most headers but his distribution is needing improvement. He is improving all the time too. Our right back situ is an unknown quantity but maybe Seedorf can come at. 

Well done Robbo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically a play off place is the best we can hope for : St Mirren are almost out of sight with virtually half the season gone.

Impressive defensive record but against teams like Dumbarton (no disrespect) at home we should be scoring more.

Crowds are holding up reasonably well.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DWH said:

Realistically a play off place is the best we can hope for : St Mirren are almost out of sight with virtually half the season gone.

Impressive defensive record but against teams like Dumbarton (no disrespect) at home we should be scoring more.

Crowds are holding up reasonably well.

 

 

I remember the same being said in 2004 when we were so far off first place that not many gave us a chance of promotion  - if we keep on like this I'd rule nothing out...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

I remember the same being said in 2004 when we were so far off first place that not many gave us a chance of promotion  - if we keep on like this I'd rule nothing out...

Would love to be proved wrong but we have only won 2 of our last 5 league matches (St Mirren  and D Utd 4 each)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy