Highland Derbies Next Season

MorayJaggie

5 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

as long as our guys appreciate the rivalry I'm looking forward to some tasty encounters..

Their haggis pies are also very tasty. ?

50 minutes ago, Caman said:

Their haggis pies are also very tasty. ?

Can't disagree but as long as next season the only thing that County are ahead of us on is their inflated wage bill and the quality of the catering I will happily take that.

I caught some of an interview with Uncle Roy on Radio Scotland this evening. When asked about next season’s wage budget, he confirmed that it would have to be cut, but that it would be “up there with the healthiest in the league”. Does that mean matching Dundee Utd’s?!

58 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I caught some of an interview with Uncle Roy on Radio Scotland this evening. When asked about next season’s wage budget, he confirmed that it would have to be cut, but that it would be “up there with the healthiest in the league”. Does that mean matching Dundee Utd’s?!

On STV he said he would try to finance a promotion at the first try  

2 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Good for him in some respects. He is a County fan and a member of the Ross Shire community and puts his money where his mouth is.

Our job is to show him and County that money isn't everything and with team spirit, sound coaching and vocal backing from the stands we are capable of getting promoted on much more meagre resources.

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

He financed a hugely expensive team of duds, including managers last season, that gained less points than we did under a complete failure rookie manager. Its not all about finance and I seriously doubt Ketts and Fergs will get it right at the first time of asking 

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

He financed a hugely expensive team of duds, including managers last season, that gained less points than we did under a complete failure rookie manager. Its not all about finance and I seriously doubt Ketts and Fergs will get it right at the first time of asking 

I agree. I think this season for them a prime example of how throwing money at players who dont care doesnt work. 

• Agree 3

His comments are contradictory to say the least. My reading is that he is going to throw money in order to return the speedy return. Not sure that will work though ?

McGregor says the Ross County board will invest to ensure their budget is "up there with the healthiest in the Championship", as they bid to return to the Premiership at the first time of asking. He said: "As far as next year goes we're going to try and maintain as much of the budget. We do get a parachute payment. This is a difficult league we're going in. "Again we have to make changes because the cost of going down from the Premier League to the first division is about a million and a half. So naturally we need to adjust the budget, but we also need to invest for the future."

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

His comments are contradictory to say the least. My reading is that he is going to throw money in order to return the speedy return. Not sure that will work though ?

McGregor says the Ross County board will invest to ensure their budget is "up there with the healthiest in the Championship", as they bid to return to the Premiership at the first time of asking. He said: "As far as next year goes we're going to try and maintain as much of the budget. We do get a parachute payment. This is a difficult league we're going in. "Again we have to make changes because the cost of going down from the Premier League to the first division is about a million and a half. So naturally we need to adjust the budget, but we also need to invest for the future."

'going down from the Premier League to the first division'. I have to say that it is refreshingly frank and honest of him to acknowledge that County are going to be relegated again next season.

They can invest however they want, if that's what Roy wants to do, I'm sure if we had done the same last year nobody would have been complaining. They will undoubtedly have a clear out of some players and try bring new faces in - the nucleus of their squad no matter what some may think should be strong enough to get play-offs at least - just as our should have been this season

1 minute ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

In fact, I wouldn't be that worried about any of our former players now at County, taking a penalty against us, apart from Tansey, who was decent.

Tansey's League Cup final penalty shoot out spot kick was out of this world. Well, it was closer to hitting another planet than the target. ?

8 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Still, I think his (Tansey's) penalty record has been the best that ICT has had in the past decade or so. 

Ok. You win. ?

looks like County are gonna be gearing up for an instant return which we should have done last season with the parachute payment instead of been whipping boys for half the season! And signing several players who'd struggle to get a game for clach!

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

22 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I agree. I think this season for them a prime example of how throwing money at players who dont care doesnt work. 

Not to mention a substantial six figure sum on a manager who appeared to care even less.

• Agree 2

I really dislike Roy making comments about Inverness and our relegation. Let him comment on his club and we will look after ourselves. Budgets dont guarantee anything. Look at Utd this season, big budget no promotion. Livi, small budget but excellent team spirit/ work ethic and have a chance of promotion. 

He has inexperienced managers at the helm ending the season with a whimper, we have a manager who has settled into the job and finished the season on a high. I know which I would rather. 

Bring it on!! 

• Agree 7

50 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

I really dislike Roy making comments about Inverness and our relegation. Let him comment on his club and we will look after ourselves. Budgets dont guarantee anything. Look at Utd this season, big budget no promotion. Livi, small budget but excellent team spirit/ work ethic and have a chance of promotion. 

He has inexperienced managers at the helm ending the season with a whimper, we have a manager who has settled into the job and finished the season on a high. I know which I would rather. 

Bring it on!! 

So, are you getting a season ticket in the Jail End or Main Stand? ??

• Facepalm 1

• 5 weeks later...