Highland Derbies Next Season

MorayJaggie

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, caleyboy said:

no highland  derbies next season cos they will survive and we are nowhere near getting there. sad but realism must kick in.

It's true we will not return to Premier League football for a long time. To survive back in that league we need a sugar daddy, or more supporters. How can we entice better players to Inverness???. We are maybe better suited to the Championship. Without money being invested in the club, I hate to say it but "we are doomed". Realism has been kicking in to me for sometime.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, finmack said:

It's true we will not return to Premier League football for a long time. To survive back in that league we need a sugar daddy, or more supporters. How can we entice better players to Inverness???. We are maybe better suited to the Championship. Without money being invested in the club, I hate to say it but "we are doomed". D Realism has been kicking in to me for sometime.

We need neither a sugar daddy or more surporters although, especially with regard to the latter, that would be a welcome bonus.

We survived in the top tier for over a decade, with one minor blip, without a sugar daddy or a large fan base. We did so with generally sound management both on and off the pitch sometimes combined with a measure of good fortune.

While we have no divine right to be in the Premiership, there is no reason whatsoever why we can't enjoy a similar run again.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

40 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

We need neither a sugar daddy or more surporters although, especially with regard to the latter, that would be a welcome bonus.

We survived in the top tier for over a decade, with one minor blip, without a sugar daddy or a large fan base. We did so with generally sound management both on and off the pitch sometimes combined with a measure of good fortune.

While we have no divine right to be in the Premiership, there is no reason whatsoever why we can't enjoy a similar run again.

I would consider the blip to be major rather than minor.. We had no sound management ether on or off the field last season

5 minutes ago, finmack said:

I would consider the blip to be major rather than minor.. We had no sound management ether on or off the field last season

The blip I was referring to was the season we spent in the First Division under Butcher.

Our current situation is, without doubt, more than a blip.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

We are the Jags. They are merely Patrick.

We are Caley Jags. Not Caley, Not Jags. :ictscarf:

Who is Patrick? :lol:

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Don't see why not - this season was all about rebuilding & regrouping....obviously still a work in progress!!

More likely to keep his job than Owen Coyle. :clapoverhead:

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

Don't see why not - this season was all about rebuilding & regrouping....obviously still a work in progress!!

No ,this season should have been about going straight back up or at the very least making the top four.

Cannot see how it can be classed as a season of rebuilding when come next season if we are still a Championship club we will no doubt have to trim the budget yet again.

That probably means losing the likes of Vigurs and Polworth.

2 hours ago, Ten4 said:

Will John Robertson stick with it and be in charge next season ?

I for one certainly hope so.  He took over with the club in a dire situation and has had a major rebuilding exercise to do.  On a shoe string budget he has managed to bring in better players than Hughes ever managed with all the resources at his disposal.  He has also had the team playing generally fairly entertaining football.  Note that despite a rather lacklustre and disappointing performance today, we still had 15 shots on goal with 6 on target according the BBC stats.  It was a rare game with Hughes in charge that we reached those dizzy heights.  I'm rather enjoying the games this season.

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I for one certainly hope so.  He took over with the club in a dire situation and has had a major rebuilding exercise to do.  On a shoe string budget he has managed to bring in better players than Hughes ever managed with all the resources at his disposal.  He has also had the team playing generally fairly entertaining football.  Note that despite a rather lacklustre and disappointing performance today, we still had 15 shots on goal with 6 on target according the BBC stats.  It was a rare game with Hughes in charge that we reached those dizzy heights.  I'm rather enjoying the games this season.

FFS are you for real .

The dizzy heights of winning the Scottish Cup and competing with the likes of Aberdeen and Celtic on a regular basis but you would sooner see us being spanked at home by Morton and struggling in the Championship.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

You are right DD but some people can't see the wood for the trees :wink:

On 17/12/2017 at 7:20 PM, RiG said:

Our away crowds aren't much to sing about and our home attendances are swindling fast. There's a lot more to be concerned with than however many County fans are going to their games. Just over 2,000 turned up yesterday (allegedly). Where have all of our fans gone?

I thought it was County who swindled home attendance figures...

• Funny 1

15 minutes ago, forresjags said:

FFS are you for real .

The dizzy heights of winning the Scottish Cup and competing with the likes of Aberdeen and Celtic on a regular basis but you would sooner see us being spanked at home by Morton and struggling in the Championship.

FJ, to be brutally honest, you are the one who needs to ask yourself about reality. The high points you describe were attributable to a perfect storm of favourable breaks (arguably going back to 1993) plus a policy of living from hand to mouth on windfalls which happened to go the club's way which allowed remarkable progress along a tightrope.

However, any tightrope walker just has to make the tiniest of errors and he plunges into the abyss. In the case of ICT, these errors were in the areas of financial strategy and managerial appointments and make no mistake about it - the current board have one hell of a situation to rescue.

So perhaps we should look on the said Scottish Cup run and the said encounters with Aberdeen and Celtic from a Faustian perspective. Things were indeed sold to the Devil for 24 more years of life and ICT is - literally - in its 25th year.

28 minutes ago, IBM said:

You are right DD but some people can't see the wood for the trees :wink:

We can't go on chopping and changing managers. Quite apart from anything else, we can't afford to.

John Robertson has made mistakes but there have been promising signs and next year he will have the full close season to repair and will not be faced with nearly such a comprehensive and daunting task of rebuilding.

He needs to be given next season at the very least.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Hmm, I’m not convinced about that. Difficult circumstances this season, yes, but I still think there’s a lack of evidence that he’s doing a good job and is the man to take us forward.

We simply can't afford to have yet another former manager tending his roses at the club's expense.

• Agree 3