Morton -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Good for Seedorf..He has taken some stick on here has he not? Needs to have been given a fair chance.

Ridgers  seems to have done very well in the first half. :clapoverhead:

Once again , according to what is reported on here, the ref was poor and inconsistent. Now that's a real downer since, in such a tight ;league, you need absolute careful consideration from refs and absolute consistency. Sigh!

Real pity about the blown clean sheet thing. A win today would have bucked up the team  no end but isn't it a bit fanciful to say that one more win and ICT will be in a strong position for the playoffs? After all, look at our goal difference in the table!----It's  Negative, not positive.:sad:

• Agree 1

A very poor performance. Morton were carving us open at will until they scored and could've had the game wrapped  up inside twenty minutes had it not been for some excellent goalkeeping from Ridgers. Thereafter, they sat off us and saw the game out very comfortably without conceding  a single shot on target. Whilst i agree that the referee was abysmal, i think we should also recognise that Morton were far more disciplined than us - all the holding, pushing, time-wasting, winding people up and cynical fouling is clearly coached and well controlled. We, on the other hand, have Vigurs lunging with two feet in the centre of the park for no good reason and Baird pushing Quitongo right in front of the referee while waiting to be booked for a previous retaliation on the same player.  I gave Baird a bit of an earful at that point as he seemed to be losing his head and he gave some back as well. I was quite embarrassed later in the game to discover that i had been seated next to Mrs Baird, Mama Baird and Baby Baird throughout. 

The play-offs are starting to look out of our reach now. The likes of Morton probably have a smaller budget and inferior players but they're just much better drilled for playing in this division. 

A special mention for Cappielow. It's a delightful time warp, the kids got in free and were presented with a big bag of free sweets from youth team players on arrival, and they played Frankie Laine. It's just the best ground in Scottish football. 

One thing I'd take away from the game and the previous ones of late, is that Trafford has to come back in.  Polworth has been powderpuff of late and Chalmers, while he has improved big style lately, doesn't have the grit that Trafford has.  We looked a better side when he came on yesterday IMO.

21 minutes ago, Robert said:

Looks like 1-0 flattered us!

We certainly were second best.  To be fair though, we did have some periods of good football but never looked like cutting through Morton.  When we kept the ball on the deck, we actually made inroads forward but too often we were too eager to hoof the ball forward into the swirling wind.

• Agree 1

No way was that a red card referee was poor all game he certainly did not help.  Poor Raven it could be his last game for ICT

Morton were the better side no doubt about it but after their hot & quick start they did not test Ridgers much in the 2nd half. I felt had we kept 11 men on the pitch we might of stole a point or even 3 points we looked more comfortable after we changed our shape just before Raven got sent off. Seedorf should of started IMO but Raven deserved to keep his place.

Ridgers has had a significant improvement since his horror start he looks more confident he is more commanding & vocal in his box his goal kicking has improved as well. This was no doubt Ridger's best performance of the season he pulled off some top class saves & kept us in it.

Edited by Super Caley Man 94
  • Facepalm 1

Having watched the highlights Raven wasn' the last man there was cover and the Morton player seemed to throw himself down as if he'd been shot poor refereeing again. Last two defeats have both come as a result of bad refereeing as even at 10 men Morton couldn't break out defence. 

• Facepalm 1

It's absolutely nothing to do with this fictitious last man "rule". Unfortunately it was a clear red card, one of the few times the referee actually showed a degree of authority and got the decision right.

• Agree 1

On 26/12/2017 at 11:59 AM, RiG said:

It's absolutely nothing to do with this fictitious last man "rule". Unfortunately it was a clear red card, one of the few times the referee actually showed a degree of authority and got the decision right.

Watching the highlights Mortons No.9 blocks Tremarco deliberately during one attack to stop him covering the wing play, then holds him back....Tremarco puls him over to get clear...the ref sees that but misses both infringements by their player

Ridgers pulled off a couple of great saves...one from a free kick showing a fleetness of foot that would shame my other team's so-called Welsh No.1

Hard to tell from a few hghlights but Seedorf looked OK, particularly going forward

So far we have only been beaten in the last 12 games when we have been down to 10 men.

Edited by Eagle4Caley

3 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Watching the highlights Mortons No.9 blocks Tremarco deliberately during one attack to stop him covering the wing play, then holds him back....Tremarco puls him over to get clear...the ref sees that but misses both infringements by their player

Ridgers pulled off a couple of great saves...one from a free kick showing a fleetness of foot that would shame my other team's so-called Welsh No.1

Hard to tell from a few hghlights but Seedorf looked OK, particularly going forward

So far we have only been beaten in the last 12 games when we have been down to 10 men.

Fair points my old friend.

Ridgers is on form, 2 of the 3 goals have been penalties, plus the third goal was when we were all out for an equaliser against 12 man St Midden (12th man being McKendrick). 

Bottom line though, we need goals for. I am confident Robbo will find a solution soon. 

Edited by Guest

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic