Brechin -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

20 minutes ago, Downinthedumps said:

Is he still under contract after tomorrow?.

Yes. Contract up after Livi game. 7th January i think. Hope the weather holds up. 

Well done for the recovery today but it was Brechin ffs.

The week after week we keep hearing about how poor Baird and Polworth are. Surely it's long overdue to bench them and start with Oakley and Trafford or Doran.

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

Was his red card a straight red or 2 yellows ? He may well have played his last game which if true is very sad not the way Dave the Rave deserves to bow out

Straight red, plus he has 4 yellows. I think he can play against Livi. If he couldn't, I think Robbo would have said that. 

If available he would likely start with Tremarco missing and Seedorf injured at Brechin. Hope injury is minor and not going to sideline him again.

Patched up defence against Livi looms. Calder or Warren to start? Not overly confident with either tbh. 

Edited by Guest

If Seedorf is fit, I'd expect Raven at left back. If not, Raven logically would start at right back with Chalmers possibly at left back, and Trafford starting.

Oakley deserves to start up front, and given recent comments on here, should Polworth be rested with Trafford taking his place?

Assuming Seedorf makes it, that gives a starting 11 of:

Ridgers

Seedorf, Mckay, Donaldson, Raven

Trafford, Vigurs, Chalmers

Mulraney, Oakley, Bell

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

I'd agree with you there renegade he wasnt the best but could that be down to a lack of match time?

He was brushed aside often in friendly against County a few weeks ago. That concerned me. Think he needs to toughen up a bit. Send him to shinty training for a few weeks as he been around wimpy footballers too much. :cheer01:

36 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

I'd agree with you there renegade he wasnt the best but could that be down to a lack of match time?

He was decent last week and going forward yesterday he was reasonable.  Different story defensively though - he was guff.

Just watched the extended highlights and that was a gritty win. Could turn out to be a big one come the end of the season.  

One thing that needs to be pointed out though is Polworth's 'contribution' to the 2nd Brechin goal.  I'm a big fan of his and some the abuse he gets is way over the top however he was a disgrace for that goal.  If you watch the highlights he loses the ball cheaply, throws a strop and then fails to track his man who scores. Really poor effort.

9 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Just watched the extended highlights and that was a gritty win. Could turn out to be a big one come the end of the season.  

One thing that needs to be pointed out though is Polworth's 'contribution' to the 2nd Brechin goal.  I'm a big fan of his and some the abuse he gets is way over the top however he was a disgrace for that goal.  If you watch the highlights he loses the ball cheaply, throws a strop and then fails to track his man who scores. Really poor effort.

That was blatantly stand out for me also, he does that so much and it will stop him progressing in his career at any level, he occasionally shows flashes of brilliance but that huffy child mentality will forever hold him back 

Edited by CableGuy

I think that's why some supporters get on his back, when things don't go his way his head goes down and he gives up. He was so guilty of not tracking the runner for their second goal. If he had kept with the man they wouldn't have scored. He realised when it was too late. At this stage of his career, he should know that he has to concentrate for the whole game. The supporters are a very forgiving lot if they see someone who will give their all and fight for every ball, not a player whose head goes down and has a wee strop. 

Also that was not an intentional handball by tremarco and never a yellow card his hand/arm is in a natural position and doesn't move towards the ball. Unlike the decision against bell at the other end not only is he pushed over by the defender he is also clipped on the left leg by the goalkeeper which then sends him down never a dive. Plus the referee is to far away and looking through players to make that decision. 

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Watched the highlights. Really don't see how Tremarco got two yellows.

Some of the build up to the second and third goals was great: Baird's flick for the second and Dinakdsin's touch for the third.

Looking overall at what is available on screen, I thought Polworth did pretty well on the whole, although I think nderatabd the comments about Brechin's second: that said, 99 times out of 100 that shot would have ended up in the stand.

Looking forward to the Livingston game now.