Scotty

Seems a bit harsh to criticise this performance against a team at the top of the table and ourselves without a few regulars for whatever reason. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Agree 3

Decent striker urgently required (22 goals in 20 games) : in with a shout in most matches but lack of firepower is costing us dearly.

Need to turn draws into wins and narrow defeats into draws.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

St Mirren’s first choice striker has scored 20 this season.

Our first choice striker is on 3. :amazed:

Exactly................hope Robbo has his scouts on the road seeking a goal hungry striker looking for a spell in Inverness.....................

The most frustrating aspect of this today is not the result, to be fair given our opposition and location and team we did well to get that, my worry is the fact that we again today had too many "just wide, just over, inches away, straight at keeper". It's this type of thing that's losing us matches and now to add to the worry the one game upcoming i felt we were favourites to win we now look to go into as underdogs. How Falkirk managed to put 6 past DU today is unimaginable and I really pray that was more to do with a "poor" DU side that an energised Falkirk side. If it's the latter, we are in for the biggest battle of 2018 so far. We could be looking right over our shoulders at Falkirk on wed morning and staring into a month of difficult fixtures to keep ourselves slipping into playoffs position

• Agree 2

Falkirk had a good day utd had a bad day so what one game doesn't mean they are now the best team ever. We have had similar scorelines in the past but been playing crap. We have competition for places we are a much improved side from the start of the season and continue to improve. Bring on Tuesday and three points. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MorayJaggie said:

Falkirk had a good day utd had a bad day so what one game doesn't mean they are now the best team ever. We have had similar scorelines in the past but been playing crap. We have competition for places we are a much improved side from the start of the season and continue to improve. Bring on Tuesday and three points. 

Maybe so, but Falkirk evidently can score goals... Playing good or bad, we play good and still can't score.... Not wanting to state the obvious here but goals win games 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

The most frustrating aspect of this today is not the result, to be fair given our opposition and location and team we did well to get that, my worry is the fact that we again today had too many "just wide, just over, inches away, straight at keeper". It's this type of thing that's losing us matches and now to add to the worry the one game upcoming i felt we were favourites to win we now look to go into as underdogs. How Falkirk managed to put 6 past DU today is unimaginable and I really pray that was more to do with a "poor" DU side that an energised Falkirk side. If it's the latter, we are in for the biggest battle of 2018 so far. We could be looking right over our shoulders at Falkirk on wed morning and staring into a month of difficult fixtures to keep ourselves slipping into playoffs position

Spot on my friend.

As things stand, we are as close to the  relegation play off as we are to promotion play offs.  Very disappointing that we are not at least safely tucked into the promotion play off positions (higher the better given the PL weighted system). Far too inconsistent and struggling to beat teams like Brechin and Dumbarton (no disrespect intended).

We have only managed 2 wins against full-time sides this season, which is nothing short of pathetic. The last was in October.

We have no wins at all against the 3 sides we need to overtake if we are to get 4th place, even though we have a much higher wage budget than any of them.

Putting aside the games against a side who are hopelessly out of their depth, we are having a pretty abysmal season. 

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Maybe so, but Falkirk evidently can score goals... Playing good or bad, we play good and still can't score.... Not wanting to state the obvious here but goals win games 

Before today they had only scored 12 all season in the league. 

• Agree 1

Decent display in the second half. The less said about the first half the better. Really should have taken something but when your confidence is low it's tough enough without losing your striker after 9 minutes. Trafford could never fill in for Vigurs, but the defence coped reasonably well even without big Coll. The goal was very sloppy though but Reilly finished it well. 177 away fans.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic