Goal not given against St Mirren

Dargo20

More controversy as It would appear that Liam Polworth's  cross come shot which came off the post was well over the line before goalkeeper Samson clawed it away

the only photograph seems to show Samson's right foot on the line meaning the ball was the whole arm length over the line as he scooped it away yet linesman and referee waved play on

goal not given-st-mirren-14532617.jpg

Edited by Dargo20
typo

It is a follow on from Manager John Roberson's comments after last weeks match that he felt Inverness were not getting major decisions from match officials

I notice also it is mentioned in match report on Press & Journal website    relevant extract 

"Inverness had trailed by a solitary goal at the break, following Gavin Reilly’s breakthrough midway through the first-half, however John Robertson’s men looked to have equalised when Liam Polworth’s cross-cum-shot appeared to have crossed the line before being beaten clear by goalkeeper Craig Samson, however referee Willie Collum and assistant Sean Carr made no award."  ANDY SKINNER PRESS & JOURNAL

Robbo said in his post match interview that the linesman did not see it cross the line so could not give a goal and he had made the right decision, might have been with gritted teeth though :wink:

• Agree 1

Its getting like last season on here - every game people are criticising ref decisions. Whether it be cards, set pieces or disallowed goals, its reasonable to look for why we aren't performing as everyone wants so blaming someone is natural however the real reasons are that we are not creative enough or scoring goals. If you analysed every match there would be some contentious decisions yet when the team wins nobody is too bothered its when we loose people look to question. Right now its in danger of becoming tiresome after every poor result - facts are still the same, while we may have improved defensively we still make mistakes and are too toothless in attack to compensate for that. Until we can create and score more goals we wont win too many games unfortunately.

If we keep on berating officials we will get a rep as the Celtic of Championship - this relates to management and fans

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Dargo20 said:

More controversy as It would appear that Liam Polworth's  cross come shot which came off the post was well over the line before goalkeeper Samson clawed it away

the only photograph seems to show Samson's right foot on the line meaning the ball was the whole arm length over the line as he scooped it away yet linesman and referee waved play on

goal not given-st-mirren-14532617.jpg

This is inconclusive as the mechanics of the human body with his knee and foot in that position would not allow his shoulder to be directly above his foot so it could easily be on the line doesn' look over from this.

• Agree 1

At first I said ":goal" to myself and then faded into indecision when I read that last post from Moray Jaggie because he is dead right and the slight possibility does exist that the ball was in line with the goal line.

Now, that's well and good, but until  the Scottish Football chiefs decide to implement  video cameras directed at goal lines this type of controversy will continue time after time after time.

The SFA should step into the era of modernity reflected by rapidly advancing technology and adapt their skin-flint attitudes in favour of fairness. :ictscarf:

We need a striker! 

As for Mr Collum well although he was far from perfect he was a real step up in class from the other officials we have had lately. I dont believe in an conspiracy theories etc but the standard the last few weeks has been poor. I think its the inconsistency that winds fans up and losing control of the game as happened v St M at home and at Greenock. Thought Mr Collum kept game flowing and was fairly consistant throughout. 

Regarding "goal" it looked over to me but things were evened up shortly afterwards when St M had a goal disallowed for what looked a soft foul on Ridgers. 

• Agree 2

Agree with above two posts.

We are not in top league anymore so don't get top refs. 

Up to us to get back there under our own steam.

We are ICT. We are hardy Highlanders who have triumphed at times through toil, skill, teamwork and togetherness. 

We don't do excuses!!

:ictscarf:

PS - We need a striker? We signed Nathan Austin. Can't see us affording a sixth striker (if Susan is still here?)

Edited by Guest