Falkirk (H) 9th January 2018 - Game On

RiG

Aberdeen clearly think he needs game time and they are probably correct, his injuries last season and lack of playing make it difficult to break into a winning side. If he can recapture the form of two seasons ago he is a force to be reckoned with. I am a big fan and would welcome him back if the opportunity ever arose, which is unlikely.

• Agree 1

He'll be company for Draper on the bench.

It is actually quite remarkable how many players have left us for significantly more money elsewhere and then play precious little football.  It's a nice little earner for a couple of years but does nothing for longer term career prospects.

Back on topic, if there is a pitch inspection tomorrow then it sounds as though we are economising with the under soil heating.  No bad thing  if someone forgot to switch it on  after the Bairns sudden return to form.  Whilst it's not going to be so cold tonight, it is not exactly going to be thawing weather.

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

And Greg Tansey is set to join county until the end of the season. How the mighty has fallen.

What has the above got to do with this thread or ICT in 2018?

Answer - zero. 

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Pitch inspection confirmed for 11am. The cost of turning it on surely outweighs the cost postponing the match.

Would a postponement actually be all that bad a thing, given that the current schedule is for five games in the 15 days from Dec 30 to Jan 13 inclusive, arguably amid unease that injuries might start to accumulate?

4 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Pitch inspection confirmed for 11am. The cost of turning it on surely outweighs the cost postponing the match.

But the forecast for frost was known at least a week in advance so the pitch could have been covered. At this rate it might be May before this game is played.

lets hope Falkirk scored all their goals on Saturday but it doesn't make you look forward to tonight's game and for once it's not because of how cold it is. Loose tonight to Falkirk and we really are in trouble i said at beginning of season when everyone was saying we'd win the league that we would finish outside top 5 tonight might just indicate where we will be

27 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

lets hope Falkirk scored all their goals on Saturday but it doesn't make you look forward to tonight's game and for once it's not because of how cold it is. Loose tonight to Falkirk and we really are in trouble i said at beginning of season when everyone was saying we'd win the league that we would finish outside top 5 tonight might just indicate where we will be

Agree : although our problem is scoring. 

If we can start scoring two or three per match, we should make the play offs as the defence is for the most part pretty solid.

Mind you, last season, I kept hoping (believing) we would eventually turn it round..............

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Polo Chick said:

I hope we are not 'loose' tonight and keep it tight. :crazy:

13 hours ago, Polo Chick said:

I don't recall 'everyone saying we'd win the league'. As far as I recall, most of us were very well aware that the Championship was going to be a very tough division. John Robertson has done well to have us still in with a chance of a play off place from a standing start and a heavily pruned budget.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I don't recall 'everyone saying we'd win the league'. As far as I recall, most of us were very well aware that the Championship was going to be a very tough division. John Robertson has done well to have us still in with a chance of a play off place from a standing start and a heavily pruned budget.

Plenty on social media had us winning the league one ex Club employee in particular saying how great games will be winning them all and how we will be straight back up to the premiership mmmmm not sure thats the case 

57 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

Plenty on social media had us winning the league one ex Club employee in particular saying how great games will be winning them all and how we will be straight back up to the premiership mmmmm not sure thats the case 

Any chance of some links to these people stating we would win the league?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Any chance of some links to these people stating we would win the league?

Or pointing to any posts on here or any other football fora from ICT fans predicting we'd win the league ? There must surely be a few if 'everybody' was saying it.