Away fans

alwaysblue

5 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Are they my season ticket is there and I have heard  nothing to that effect even though the club have been selling my seat to away fans since last December

I'd get in touch with the club to ask about it as you should have been contacted.

23 minutes ago, AncientMariner said:

It's a very real concern for any parent, no need to be an Ahole about it.

I’m sure little Prudence and little Rupert will be fine and make it to their next croquet lesson unscathed. 

Also for what it’s worth, I’m not a ‘fat, old lad’. Rather a young, slim, handsome lad. ?

Edited by Renegade
  • Disagree 2

11 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Also for what it’s worth, I’m not a ‘fat, old lad’. Rather a young, slim, handsome lad. ?

Well I am a fat, old lad and I have nothing to fear from section F but I've seen too many people who could get caught up in something the club have a moral and legal obligation to protect them from. Given your youth and attitude to children, we can take some comfort in that you havn't procreated yet! :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

I knew in general that North Standers and away gamers were tougher than the Tory voting, cruise ship holidayers in the Main Stand but my my my this thread has opened my eyes to a breed of snowflaking pansies that until now, I had no idea existed. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, RiG said:

People sit in the Main Stand because they don't like to make a noise so it's probably expected their jimmies are rustled by some guy from Livingston actually supporting their team by vocally encouraging them.

This guy wasn't vocally encouraging his team ... he was turned towards us, not the pitch, and vocally winding us up ... People probably shouldn't have taken the bait but given many of us in that area had been in hospitality for a wee while before that the judgement may not have been the clearest :wink: . 

• Agree 1

Away fans making noise in the main stand, no wonder it doesn't go down well, that'll drown out the noise of the Worthers wrappers

Plenty of clubs split stands between home and away fans successfully and at much bigger clubs with many more fans than our visitors take. There may be a bit of 'banter' but there's not a recent history of violence between home and away fans plus if anything was to 'kick-off' then it can do so outside where there is no segregation on the way to and from the stadium. I'm not saying to be complacent and if there are specific incidents that its felt the stewards aren't acting on this has to be highlighted as threatening physical or verbal behaviours along with religious, political, racial, sexual etc should not be tolerated and needs to be stamped out. 

This does seem an over-reaction and yet another thread complaining about stewards and fan behaviour but all voiced on the internet with nobody stating they have taken any definitive action to contact the club or security/police services with incidents & evidence. 

• Agree 1

As previous poster said, plenty of clubs allow home and away fans to share different sections of the same stand.  Only last week end I attended Oxford United v Blackpool and it was like this.   I went with my  mad keen Blackpool  pal who lives near me in Berkshire. About 300/400 Blackpool fans, including me as a Blackpool fan for the day,  occupied about one fifth of one of the stands.  No problems at all going to, leaving the ground, or during the match. First time I'd been to an EFL league 1 match live. Not terribly impressed, certainly no better than most of the Scottish football I've seen.   As an aside, pre-match we drank for at least an hour in the Oxford United club bar along with many other away fans, most of whom were wearing Blackpool colours, alongside umpteen home fans also wearing their club colours. No problems at all.

• Agree 1

We have previously compared the atmosphere between crowds at Rugby and Football and many of us would like to see non segregated crowds become the norm in football.  The recent arrangement in the main stand is a small step towards that.  The issue here is one of respect.  Supporters of both sides have to respect that supporters of the other side feel the same about their side as we do about ours.  The dynamic that can create helps to lead to more friendly banter and more competitive vocal support.  It can enhance the whole match day experience

What destroys this is those who demonstrate a lack of respect and who poison the atmosphere with obnoxious and threatening behaviour.  There should be zero tolerance of this.  Clearly the stewards have a role here but so too do supporters of the same clubs as the morons showing the lack of respect.  They need to make it clear that such behaviour is not welcome by the majority of fans the morons purport to support..

I didn't witness the incidents mentioned here but I entirely agree with Kingsmills.  Had the stewards done their job I am sure we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

We have previously compared the atmosphere between crowds at Rugby and Football and many of us would like to see non segregated crowds become the norm in football.  The recent arrangement in the main stand is a small step towards that.  The issue here is one of respect.  Supporters of both sides have to respect that supporters of the other side feel the same about their side as we do about ours.  The dynamic that can create helps to lead to more friendly banter and more competitive vocal support.  It can enhance the whole match day experience

What destroys this is those who demonstrate a lack of respect and who poison the atmosphere with obnoxious and threatening behaviour.  There should be zero tolerance of this.  Clearly the stewards have a role here but so too do supporters of the same clubs as the morons showing the lack of respect.  They need to make it clear that such behaviour is not welcome by the majority of fans the morons purport to support..

I didn't witness the incidents mentioned here but I entirely agree with Kingsmills.  Had the stewards done their job I am sure we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The next Glasgow derby should be fun if they introduce this idea ⚔️⚰️????

I like your idea Dooferdad but to me in reality there is a fair amount of people who go to Football matches for the sole purpose of being a Jackass for example I often see the same jackasses at different football matches who don't support any team just go to cause trouble for a day.

Usual twisting of the post.

This was nothing to do with regular away supporters ,  of which the vast majority always behave, have  banter etc.

This is our club  placing away  " supporters " who don't know how to behave- beside others who do and the possible consequences if something happened. Offensive remarks like worrying about the children - who said that ?, snowflakes and Tory voting, cruise holidaying people in main stand is utterly pathetic. We pay our tickets too and support the team.

• Agree 2

I'd suggest you take your concerns to the club. Give them a call or an email to highlight the problems you are having. Whilst the point will be debated on here you are unlikely to get an answer.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

You ever been to an Aberdeen rangers match?

14 hours ago, Renegade said:

I knew in general that North Standers and away gamers were tougher than the Tory voting, cruise ship holidayers in the Main Stand but my my my this thread has opened my eyes to a breed of snowflaking pansies that until now, I had no idea existed. 

Renegade to feature in the next series of Danny Dyer's 'Britain's hardest men'. 

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

You ever been to an Aberdeen rangers match?

As I am an ICT fan - No. 

Which of those two is your 'big' team Moray Jaggie? :crazy:

6 hours ago, Downinthedumps said:

The next Glasgow derby should be fun if they introduce this idea ⚔️⚰️????

I think that DD was applying his suggestion to decent human beings. Sadly, while they do exist, the majority of fans of both Ugly Sisters don't qualify as such.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Caman said:

As I am an ICT fan - No. 

Which of those two is your 'big' team Moray Jaggie? :crazy:

Neither. I policed it and trust me I was shitting myself and I had body armour and riot gear. We don't live in a nice fluffy fantasy world where everyone says hello to each other there. There is a thing called human nature and this is where the problem lies. Mix alcohol into that and you get a very big problem. Every match has the potential of violence that is what the stewards are employed to stop and allowing opposing fans in the same section of the same stand is ludicrous. If God forbid something happens then guess what the club is at fault for allowing the situation to occur and culpable as they have not taken sufficient steps to ensure that persons safety. Then big civil claim big payout. Then where will the club be. Is it worth the small price to pay to segregate the fans. NO.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Neither. I policed it and trust me I was shitting myself and I had body armour and riot gear. We don't live in a nice fluffy fantasy world where everyone says hello to each other there. There is a thing called human nature and this is where the problem lies. Mix alcohol into that and you get a very big problem. Every match has the potential of violence that is what the stewards are employed to stop and allowing opposing fans in the same section of the same stand is ludicrous. If God forbid something happens then guess what the club is at fault for allowing the situation to occur and culpable as they have not taken sufficient steps to ensure that persons safety. Then big civil claim big payout. Then where will the club be. Is it worth the small price to pay to segregate the fans. NO.

Officer, Abersheep V Sevco are steeped in poisonous history going back to Simpson nailing Durrant in the 80's. 

Hardly comparable to ICT v anybody. 

Contact ICT and voice your concerns.

Maybe your Police Scotland bosses would be concerned. Flag it up to your 'Guvnor' there also?