Away fans

alwaysblue

Am I off target but our Young Team were barred / banned for such behaviour. The yellow coats have always been keen to confront ICT fans. Fair enuff put the away stands into a section to miss out on the cost of opening the way stand - but how many times have Away Stewards treated us like feckin animals. If any away fan becomes obstreperous then caution and chuck out if not heeded. Banter is fine but abuse is completely different. And to me - from past memories - such a situation would be a godsend opportunity to would-be hoolies. By the way some of my mates were at the Blackpool v Oxford match and there were running battles afterwards.

Caman-ach !

As for little one.....you say Rupert and Prudence.

Well, when I was much, much younger Prudence was on the pill (in a movie or a book) so now she would be much much older.Rupert was Ruperrt Bear and he was definitely bookbound and also would now be much older so  what other little ones would you be referring to ?  

Whoever they are they are very, very important and must be protected at all costs. End of story.

On 10/01/2018 at 9:13 PM, old caley girl said:

Thanks for this post. I was wondering the same thing tbh. Seems banter dead these days 

I remember sitting on a train to Mount Florida on cup final day, we sat with a group of Falkirk fans & got the craic...no hassles. Normal matchdays are different though...it's a situation that 99% of the time is fine - just the 1% where it isn't, that's the problem

22 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Have to admit the queens fans were excellent today. No animosity good friendly banter. They must have the same rural non central banter we have in the north. 

Ok, happy to stand corrected.

16 minutes ago, Robert said:

Ok, happy to stand corrected.

Wasn't trying to correct you there Robert. I think their reaction was more a cynical chant to their own manager and team whom they seemed to be getting g more angry with as the game went on. 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

queens brought a few jump ties today.

The way they celebrated their goal with chants of "easy" they must have been at a different game!

There was 30 of them in hospitality today so likely full of drink :lol:

QOS fans are usually pretty decent. I also thought their chants were more ironic than moronic. After Bell scored .... "4-3 .. we're gonna win 4-3" ... classic stuff .. think we have even done that on occasions !

• Agree 4

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

QOS fans are usually pretty decent. I also thought their chants were more ironic than moronic. After Bell scored .... "4-3 .. we're gonna win 4-3" ... classic stuff .. think we have even done that on occasions !

Dundee Utd I believe a few season ago. 3-0 down in 12 mins was it? We're going to win 4-3 and very nearly did if wasn't for a very dodgy last gasp pen for the Arabs.

24 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Dundee Utd I believe a few season ago. 3-0 down in 12 mins was it? We're going to win 4-3 and very nearly did if wasn't for a very dodgy last gasp pen for the Arabs.

Yup. The best comeback since winning after being 3-0 down to Ayr in the Cup.

• Agree 1

On 11/01/2018 at 7:24 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Am I off target but our Young Team were barred / banned for such behaviour. The yellow coats have always been keen to confront ICT fans. Fair enuff put the away stands into a section to miss out on the cost of opening the way stand - but how many times have Away Stewards treated us like feckin animals. If any away fan becomes obstreperous then caution and chuck out if not heeded. Banter is fine but abuse is completely different. And to me - from past memories - such a situation would be a godsend opportunity to would-be hoolies. By the way some of my mates were at the Blackpool v Oxford match and there were running battles afterwards.

As a point of interest only four fans have been banned.