Scotty

I am fairly certain that, had we managed to finish every game with eleven men and managed not to concede penalties through naïve defending we would be in a play off place by now.

Discipline is indeed horrendous. It needs sorted and sorted now if we are tro stand any chance at all in this very competitive league.

• Agree 3

Agree with most of the above - indiscipline is costing us so many points this season: who knows how many today, but I reckon we would have got a point at least.

I don't subscribe to the "we've blown our chance of play-offs" because of one result. We're still in the mix and Falkirk will beat other teams in the top six. Today we missed Vigurs and Polworth (Agree with OCG), but we can't really complain about that because Vigurs at least was because of his own yellow card count (most deserved, some not). 

So, discipline Mulraney for costing us points, get our 'A' midfield back and forget about today....except for Daniel Mackay's goal: we'll remember that and he should be used regularly from the bench to keep Oakley on his toes. A start for Mackay is not out of the question.

• Agree 1

I was at a football match and one of Caley players was very close to fight with a player on the other team.   To me JR seems very  a nice guy overall and to be fair to him I am not sure if he really can sort out the attitude of some of the players. 

That's another game where not one of our opponents was booked, and another where we have had a player sent off. I wasn't at the game but by all accounts Mulraney's cards were certainly merited but what of the others, we're they justified? Are our opponents just better at tackling or is their discipline better? Maybe someone who was accepted the match can inform me?

That was a pretty odd game. We started Trafford and played him with Seedorf and Chalmers in midfield and started really well, we made all the running and, as I see a Falkirk fan noted, Oakley dominating the home centre halves. We didn’t create that much though and slowly Falkirk came back into the game, forcing Ridgers into a good save before Mulroney had his meltdown. It was utterly bizarre, he conceded a foul and got booked then immediately went through Longridge before kicking out at someone a few seconds later. He literally got booked twice in two minutes and walked off, it was like he wanted to get sent off. Really odd.

After that we were really up against it. We organised to a kind of 4-3-1-1 but it was clear that we were going to be sitting back. Not much use in giving away stupid penalties if that’s your game plan but that’s what we did, both looked really daft fouls from Seedorf. We also gave away a string of free kicks around our own area through the game and didn’t offer a thing going forward. A really depressing showing.

There was a momentary bright spot when we subbed in a couple of young lads and they combined for a good goal - Jack Brown picked the ball up in midfield, made a strong run and played it to Daniel Mckay, who held off the defender, made space and finished well., our best attack of the whole day.

Overall, deserved win for Falkirk and one we need to write off as a bad afternoon and get back to our prior form.

• Disagree 1

Felt confident ahead of the game but then when it was revealed that Vigurs and Polworth were out suspended and we might have missing Doran and Trafford I would have taken a point before hand. For the first 30 minutes I thought we did quite well without really creating anything really clear cut. A couple of half chances here and there but again we were quite wasteful with the few glimpses of goal we got. After the opening 30 minutes Falkirk started to grow into the game and had a couple of chances themselves before Mulraney had his almighty heads gone moment. 

A cynical trip on the touchline led to his first booking and he was lucky not get a second yellow seconds later when he caught Longridge. Clearly on his last warning he then lost the ball and started harassing the Falkirk player in possession, pushing him before, inexplicably  giving him a wee kick sending him crashing to the ground. No choice but to send him off and he then kicked a pitch side water bottle, the best connection he had made with something all game, before storming off down the tunnel. I suspect he would have been subbed at half time anyway but his idiocy turned the game and Falkirk took full advantage.

Into the second half and Seedorf chopped down a Falkirk player, looked a clear penalty and Muirhead sent Ridgers the wrong way to put the Bairns one up and before the end another Seedorf clip gave the home side another penalty and again Muirhead dispatched it with ease. With the game over we saw a couple of young lads come on for some first team action and they provided probably the only spark of the second half for ICT supporters when Brown burst from midfield and played a ball forward to Mackay who turned his man and curled a shot into the bottom corner of the net. A glimmer of hope that was quickly put out at Warren was burned for pace down the right side of our defence and the ball crossed for Nelson to seal the win from close range.

Very poor from ICT after a reasonable start. The Mulraney sending off changed the game. Hopefully Robbo kicks him around the bus on the way backup the road. Ridgers did well making a few good saves and coping well with the conditions and the young lads showed a bit of urgency at least when they came on. The rest though were all largely under par but that could mostly be attributed to the numerical disadvantage in the second half when we struggled to get things going.

Trafford and Chalmers didn't really impress in the middle, struggled to carry the ball forward and in the wide areas Calder, after impressing against Dundee, was very poor save for one good cross in the second half. Oakley and Bell spent most of their time trying to hold up the ball for support that never arrived and at the back we were exposed after going behind as we tried to get back into the game.

One to forget for ICT really but a good goal from Mackay was a very small bright spot on the day.

I think you mean" remember", Rig, not "forget",  because J R must  make it very clear to the whole team that this kind of stuff as stated above will very quickly lead to only one outcome that will be very negative for the whole team. And then he must set an example by strict action to back up his points. If he is a hard  taskmaster at this point we may just scrape in but otherwise it will be "nux vomica up the lum, chum" for our chances of promotion. 

Since we are now on the brink of being prevented from getting back up into the big league we can't afford this kind of indiscipline at all. Mulraney should be dropped for a minimum of two or even 3 games despite the cry of "Oh, we need his skill."  Not at all because  "we don't need his antics" which have had a deep effect on the win lose column and outweigh the past positive contributions that he has made in his first burst of enthusiasm. Now, as a regular member of the team, he  is losing the place and, based on what I have read, he  appears NOT to be  demonstrating humility. If the other two youngsters have done well then they probably now just need encouragement.

All of these bookings and so forth is  very concerning because it's difficult to understand why.  Is J R a bit weak , perhaps, and is too much of a Mr. Nice Guy rather than a disciplinarian.  If so then he had better make it clear to the players that  he's the boss and will prove it and that he will no longer tolerate lack of thought and self-control.  Management is not easy but it sometimes is a choice of who is in charge?..the players or the Manager? He's got a problem though since his back up or reserves appear to be limited and that is well known to the players. So.." Read the riot act John and make it stick.  Press the suspend button soon". Easier said than done? No, just  lift your hand and press the button, otherwise you will not be viewed as a strong man and then...................?

• Agree 1

Pie and Bovril is often good for extra insight from more balanced opposing fans. Today is no different ...

1. When we've been 11 players over the last two games, we've been the best team they (Falkirk) have faced.

2. The sending-off changed everything. Who knows the result if Mulraney hadn't had his inexplicable meltdown.

3. Mulraney should be fined and ICT should pay that fine to Falkirk to pay for the damage he apparently inflicted on the dressing room door.

4. Why did we bother getting Baird and Austin when we already had Mackay at the club.

Time Robbo sorted out the behaviour of the players the are a disgrace to younger players Mulraney's bad mood today was nothing short of spolit brat behaviour kicking bottles leaving the pitch tut tut! If Robbo doesnt address this in post match interview my opinion of him will go down.One other thing dont these players realise they are only driving more fans away and we cant afford that can we ??

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Biggin said:

Indiscipline cost us again as well as failure to take chances that we had early on looks like play off places now a distant dream  will settle for safety this season. Mulraney idiotic behaviour

Actually the play-offs are no further away than when we kicked off today, and that includes 2nd place, just one less game to achieve it....the red cards are a problem and are costing us points, JR and the club need to sort this quickly without losing the competitive spirit.

• Agree 2

After today's conduct, on and off the pitch,

Mulranrey - you are the weakest link : GTF right now.

For the purposes of not getting myself a red card, F = Farmfoods. :smile:

Or, we could punish him by selling or him loaning to County. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, AlexJones said:

This thread a bit harsh IMO. Mulraney has been excellent for us this season. Think he deserves a bit of slack for one solitary moment of indiscipline. Not very forgiving are we? :)

He really hasn't. He had an excellent run of about 3 or 4 games after we played Falkirk last year and in the recent game against them did well but for the overwhelming majority of this season he's been poor.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

This thread a bit harsh IMO. Mulraney has been excellent for us this season. Think he deserves a bit of slack for one solitary moment of indiscipline. Not very forgiving are we? :)

You're not very good,

You're not very good,

You're not very, you're not very,

You're not very good.

(At being objective re Mulraney!!!)

45 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

sorry dont agree the guy has no end product if Hearts do take him off us they will be doing us a favour he deserves all the flack he is getting tonight all his own doing

1 hour ago, Polo Chick said:

sorry dont agree the guy has no end product if Hearts do take him off us they will be doing us a favour he deserves all the flack he is getting tonight all his own doing

My view too. He's only shown any form in the first half of the 4-1 win over Falkirk, that's all. If Hearts are daft enough to make an offer then sell him.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, cif73 said:

At least the lad has said sorry I suppose ... 

I can't see the word SORRY in there.

He's only sorry for himself.

Even his tweets have no end product.

Twit not tweet.

Edited by Guest

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic