Championship Table

I had lost hope of promotion after Saturday, but after Morton lost last night, I have a new found belief.

If we beat Brechin and Dunfermilne (big if's) then all of a sudden, we are in 5th, ahead of QoTS and Dunfermilne, and just 5 points off Morton having played the same number of games. From then, especially with another game against Morton, anything can happen.

We need to install some POSITIVITY amongst ourselves and back the boys on Saturday against Brechin. That's the first of two really big games. If we win those two then we really are right back in the hunt. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CaleyThistle said:

I had lost hope of promotion after Saturday, but after Morton lost last night, I have a new found belief.

If we beat Brechin and Dunfermilne (big if's) then all of a sudden, we are in 5th, ahead of QoTS and Dunfermilne, and just 5 points off Morton having played the same number of games. From then, especially with another game against Morton, anything can happen.

We need to install some POSITIVITY amongst ourselves and back the boys on Saturday against Brechin. That's the first of two really big games. If we win those two then we really are right back in the hunt. 

Positivity is all very well but we need to be realistic. There has been no sign in the last few weeks that we are remotely capable of achieving promotion this season

When we had our amazing success in the premiership we were fortunate that some traditionally large clubs were struggling for a variety of reasons. The championship was very strong for at least 3 years as these 'bigger' clubs fought back to the top table. I would argue we are in the weakest championship there has been for some time and are making a mess of it. Utd seem to have downed tools, Falkirk are in transition so the opportunity has been there. Our lack of quality and discipline has been evident. We haven't been higher than 6th I think in a weak league compared to usual. Livingston, a newly promoted side, have shown that with a solid defence and organisation how to be successful. Basically I think we have a lot of issues and areas to improve and my hope is erading quickly.

I think that with a bit more self belief amongst the players, a bit more discipline and a bit more luck, reaching the play offs is still realistic.  And once there - well, anything could happen.  But to be honest, I hope we don't get promoted this season because I don't think we have the resources within the club to be anything than canon fodder next season in what is a stronger Premiership than when we left it. I think Robbo has done great work in starting the rebuilding process but there is still much to do both on and off the field.  This year is about stopping the rot.  Next season we can think about moving forward again.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Positivity is all very well but we need to be realistic. There has been no sign in the last few weeks that we are remotely capable of achieving promotion this season

I agree. Whilst not wanting to be negative, realistically we haven't got a chance of making the play offs. 

1. We cannot put the ball in the back of the net enough.

2. We cannot keep it out of our net enough either.

The two basic elements of football. 

Plus our poor disciplinary speaks for itself. Not every ref is wrong every time. 

We have been too naive, too often this season and are where we deserve to be.

Here's to progress in the 2018/19 season. 

:ictscarf:

Edited by Guest

What a load of rubbish been spouted about rebuilding and consolidating we should've been going all out to win the league at first attempt have less money nxt season! Jury's out in my mind on all of Robbos signings to don't see any spl quality there at all 

• Disagree 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1