30th Jan @ 7:45PM, Caledonian Stadium
twitter icon Follow us on Twitter
facebook icon Follow us on Facebook
chat Go to the Chatroom
ie

Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
  • Not today unfortunately. Sportsound seem to be covering Celtic. 

LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2018-01-30_14-29-12.jpg
Tweets by @ICTFC

• Scotty unfeatured and featured this topic

Game over 0-1

From the text feed it sounds like we chucked everything at them towards the end but only one of the attempts on target. Ach well, never mind, we have more important things to concentrate on over the coming weeks. Looking forward to hearing the real story from those that were there...

I need to check this but from a quick look at our results this season every time we have conceded the first goal in games we have gone on to lose with the exception of the League Cup game against Forfar. That is a shockingly poor record. We seem to have very limited powers of recovery.

Edited by RiG

Not much between the teams tonight. Dundee were less sloppy with passing but that was about it. A game entirely dictated by a referee. There were calls for a penalty on Doran but I'll wait until I see it again as I'm not sure if he dragged his feet but from where I was sitting it looked rather convincing. Dundee's number 8 targeting Vigurs as well resulting in Vigurs lashing out, nothing new. Atrocious refereeing in the first half that gradually got a bit better during the second half but not by much. I can't believe that I'm going to say this but I miss the Willie Collum days. 

The game completely changed when McKay came on and we looked better team by far. The entire team came alive when that change was made and the change should have been made just after half time. 

Correction: Doran, not Bell. 

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Agree 2

Plenty of the ball in the first half we need to take our chances .

Have to agree why oh why bring on two of our biggest under achievers when we are chasing the game . Poor and predictable substitutions that had absolutely no effect on the game. Should have been bolder and got young Mackay on a lot sooner than the last 5 mins

Play the young hungry players. Baird has had his time. There wasn't much between the teams but we wasted our passes a lot more. I said at the start of the second half that we need to be tight and we go and lose a goal. Ref was mince in the first half and the weather was atrocious. 

9 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Play the young hungry players. Baird has had his time. There wasn't much between the teams but we wasted our passes a lot more. I said at the start of the second half that we need to be tight and we go and lose a goal. Ref was mince in the first half and the weather was atrocious. 

Which was worse the ref or the weather?..................................or was it our teams bad passing?

Another game where main positive was the (almost cameo) appearance of Daniel Mackay, and the refereeing being a major talking point. 

I thought Doran's penalty incident looked more a slip than anything else, but my main complaint was the absolute eternity the ref took speaking to players/writing names in book and the handling of the situation when the guy holding the Dundee sub board blocked Mckay taking our throw til their player got ready to come onto the pitch.  Poorly dealt with. And can't blame the Dundee guy for having a fair wee laugh to himself afterwards!  Oh and the ref repeatedly counting 10 yards (slowly) then turning round and marking the defensive line about another 3 yards further back.  We didn't lose match cos of him though, I'm not blaming him by any means. 

And agreed, waste of time Jake coming on tonight. From the stand it looked well short of full effort from him. Unlike Mackay, and, to be fair, Baird. 

Textbook example of goalmouth stramash in second half, how Dundee didn't score I'll never know. 

Mom Ridgers for me too. 

A bit of a whimper of an attempt to stay in the cup I'm afraid. Too many players struggled to make an impact on a heavy pitch resulting in poor passing and loss of possession. Bell, Chalmers and Doran in particular.  One direct shot on target was a disgrace.

Dundee were more composed but the ref also let their defenders away with a lot. Oakley and Bell came in for the worst treatment but got no protection from the officials ref. It beats me why opponents feel the need to rugby tackle them in nearly every game. 

I think that Daniel Mackay (for Bell) and Trafford (for Chalmers) should have been introduced around the 60 minute mark to allow more time to make an impact. Once again Baird was a waste of a substitution and Mulraney wasn't much better. Calder was unlucky to be subbed because I thought he was one of our main threats to setting up a goal. Poor Brad had to hobble about for the last 7 or 8 minutes after we had used up all three subs.

Well done to the crowd sticking out to the end on such a cold and foul night. 

• Agree 1

Passing atrocious, shooting shambolic but goalkeeping superb. Must agree with the previo8us posts re Daniel Mackay. The only shot on target in the entire match - what could he have done if given more than five minutes on the pitch. Surely the management must give him an extended run as the other so called "forwards" couldn't hit a barn door holding it by the handle.  

It may seem like a no-brainer but Robbo's interview said it all regarding young Daniel - I doubt he'll be on from the start in any game soon. The old adage about being old enough if you're good enough is all very well and good, but Robbo seems to be well aware of the dangers of over-playing a 16 year old in the professional game. We just have to hope that his mini appearances will have the desired impact at the right time of the game.

• Agree 5

28 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

It may seem like a no-brainer but Robbo's interview said it all regarding young Daniel - I doubt he'll be on from the start in any game soon. The old adage about being old enough if you're good enough is all very well and good, but Robbo seems to be well aware of the dangers of over-playing a 16 year old in the professional game. We just have to hope that his mini appearances will have the desired impact at the right time of the game.

I agree. Can't put the mantle of responsibility of scoring on him. Baird again was woeful with his attempts. His bicycle kick attempt was embarrassing and sums up his lack of skill and composure.

We were generally poor against a poor Dundee team. They got to grips with the conditions and pitch better than us. 

In general an off night for us and about as unentertaining as a wet midweek night in January can be. 

Hope the pitch, weather and performance improves on Saturday. If not, the Irn Bru cup will be the climax of this season. :cry:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic