Scotty

Listening to so many complaints about the players and the weather conditions is interesting.

I think a realistic assessment of this is simply that a change to Summer football is a no-brainer. Everybody benefits - -the players, the spectators (who pay the bills) and the club in general for a whole variety of reasons..

Players will be more relaxed leading to more effort and skill development and a lot less risk of injury. The spectators will be more ready to come out of the house and will enjoy the matches much more. These factors alone should boost income for the club. The wear and tear upon the pitch will also be less leading to less maintenance being required and at less cost to the club.

Driving to and from the match will be much more pleasant and the risk of accidents  will be much less. And it has proved to be successful  elsewhere in the world.

So, what is stopping it I wonder?

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Listening to so many complaints about the players and the weather conditions is interesting.

I think a realistic assessment of this is simply that a change to Summer football is a no-brainer. Everybody benefits - -the players, the spectators (who pay the bills) and the club in general for a whole variety of reasons..

Players will be more relaxed leading to more effort and skill development and a lot less risk of injury. The spectators will be more ready to come out of the house and will enjoy the matches much more. These factors alone should boost income for the club. The wear and tear upon the pitch will also be less leading to less maintenance being required and at less cost to the club.

Driving to and from the match will be much more pleasant and the risk of accidents  will be much less. And it has proved to be successful  elsewhere in the world.

Scarlet that sounds such a good idea giving plenty reasons for changing to summer football but with the numpties we have running football in Scotland there is no chance of it ever happening :lol:

What the hell do people on here expect . Conditions last night were horrendous and both teams deserve credit for their efforts . We competed well for 2 games against an spl club yet once again all we here on this forum is how poor we were !! Time for a reality check , we are moving in the right direction and hopefully this time next year we will be challenging for a return to the spl . 

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

It all sounds good to me, but it would put the top clubs out of sync with European competitions.  (OK, who just said "They're out by the end of August, anyway"?)

And if Scotland ever qualified for the European Championship finals or (non-Qatar) World Cup finals... 

While Daniel Mackay was impressive when he came on, it must be remembered that he is only 16 and still at school. An excellent impact sub but too much to expect him to start every week against some of the more robust defending we see in the Championship.

Not a great game from either side and not much in it until the goal. Think the foul on Doran was definitely a penalty and the booking for simulation was ridiculous. Overall the refereeing was poor again and some of the tackles put in on Oakley that went unpunished were unbelievable including one where the Dundee player had him grabbed around his neck!.

Our passing was poor and it was a poor pass, by Calder I think, that led to the breakaway for Dundee's goal. We also defend poorly when we have a corner as poor delivery led to several breakaways by Dundee which could, and probably should, have been more costly. The players we leave back seem incapable of defending so we should look at keeping 1/2 of our regular defenders back. I also think the right back position needs to be looked at. Brad is not a right back although he tries hard. His distribution is poor, as is his crossing and we lose out on good attacking positions as a result. Personally I would move him back to  central defence and drop Garry Warren. I think we look much more solid with Brad and Donaldson as central defenders. If we are going to play Warren, then someone has to tuck in behind him as anyone with pace takes him out of the game.

• Agree 3

23 hours ago, IBM said:

Scarlet that sounds such a good idea giving plenty reasons for changing to summer football but with the numpties we have running football in Scotland there is no chance of it ever happening :lol:

Well I see Regan has resigned anyway. An import who knew very little about any football, let alone Scottish Football, but thought he could fix all our problems in a flash. 8 years on...

Let's see who's next.

43 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Well I see Regan has resigned anyway. An import who knew very little about any football, let alone Scottish Football, but thought he could fix all our problems in a flash. 8 years on...

Let's see who's next.

You are right in what you about the man but will the next one be any better?

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Great coverage. Is it hard to get some "rubber bumpers" commentary. 

Polworth did look class all night. Was very impressed with oakleys movement and running compared to earlier in the season but mackay just looks lethal. Every shot on target. Every move direct. Hes only young boy so support jrs limited use but he gives me real hope for the future.

I think chalmers looked tired last night though so might benefit from a wee break. 

Cant wait for today.

• 2 weeks later...