25th Anniversary

Jack Waddington

As we all know, the club is turning 25 next year. Any ideas what we could expect from the club? I'm thinking special edition kits based on the home kits of Caledonian and Thistle, maybe following Aberdeen and adding a star above the logo to represent our Scottish cup win, and no doubt an anniversary game of our fist ever game. Any other possibilities that we could expect

22 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

As we all know, the club is turning 25 next year. Any ideas what we could expect from the club? I'm thinking special edition kits based on the home kits of Caledonian and Thistle, maybe following Aberdeen and adding a star above the logo to represent our Scottish cup win, and no doubt an anniversary game of our fist ever game. Any other possibilities that we could expect

Aberdeen, quite properly, celebrate their two European trophies with stars.

Amazing as it was, it would be inappropriate and frankly naff to mark our domestic trophy in the same way.

An 'anniversary game of our first ever game' would be a friendly against St Mirren. Perhaps, to add authenticity, we could stage it in the car park of the Telford Retail Park.

Edited by Kingsmills

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

If Sevco can wears stars for winning the 4th, 3rd, 2nd divisions, plus the Challenge Cup, then why the hell can't we wear one for winning the Scottish Cup. :clapoverhead:

6 minutes ago, Caman said:

If Sevco can wears stars for winning the 4th, 3rd, 2nd divisions, plus the Challenge Cup, then why the hell can't we wear one for winning the Scottish Cup. :clapoverhead:

If for no other reason than we don't want to emulate Sevco in any shape or fashion.

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

as long as it's on our REAL badge and not that crap fake designed and adopted without any consultation 

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

I really like the idea of celebrating the 25th anniversary (true, it's not a centenary, but I won't live to see that, I'm sure!!). 

The celebration tops are interesting - I've got 1 of the 10th anniversary (I think...) tops (the one with the fans names on it), something like that would be fantastic.

As for the star? It's a "no" from me - always saw (as others have said) stars above a badge as being to celebrate a European trophy (unless you're Sevco, of course....). 

But great idea, none the less...:ictscarf::clapoverhead:

We should surround the badge with stars to commemorate our Inverness and North of Scotland Cups and one big mahoooosive one to celebrate that time our reserves won the North Caledonian League years ago.

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, caley100 said:

Hmmm..  something to worry about?

Being outwith the top tier and trying to sustain full time football is always something to worry about. Even with our cost trimming and the parachute payment we are likely to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds in this financial year.

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Hopefully we will see the launch of the Duncan Shearer Cup as part of the celebrations.

Maybe we could play it and the Bus Driver Trophy as a weekend double-header!

Edited by Renegade
  • Sad 1