IRN BRU CHALLENGE CUP FINAL

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

20 minutes ago, Robert said:

I need it to be the Sunday, preferably in Oerth as I am at a birthday party on the Saturday evening.

Oerth

In the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying gameOerth is the fictional planet on which one of the earliest campaign settings, the World of Greyhawk, is located. Oerth has an axial tilt of 30 degrees, which would cause greater seasonal temperature variation than on Earth, were it not for wizardly and divine magic that shifts weather patterns to be more favorable to the populace.

• Funny 2

11 hours ago, Renegade said:

It's only fair to have exactly between the two clubs - Claggan Park, Fort William!

Sounds like a plan, never been to their ground. Ideal excuse to visit the Grog & Gruel again.

It'll probably be Palmerston...just in case TNS had knocked out Dumbarton...:lol:

For selfish reasons, hope it's Saturday 24th (as can't make it on the Sunday).

McDairmid park would be decent (and will hopefully be the same outcome as in 2003!)

Edited by jingsmonty
Typos in post

Someone told me a while back that it would be McDiarmid Park no-matter who was in it, but I don't know how true that is.  Inverness to Perth is roughly two and quarter hours.  Dumbarton to Perth is about an hour and a half I imagine.  It's near enough centrally.  Other options?  I assume Greater Glasgow, Aberdeen, Livingston and Edinburgh are non-starters, so Tannadice and Dens would maybe be do-able but then you'd have everyone going east.  East End Park would be a good tight venue for the final but it's far closer to Dumbarton than Inverness.

This must be easy enough to finalise immediately. Neither us, Dumbarton or St Johnstone have a match scheduled for 24/25 March. Plus no negotiations with Welsh or NI bodies needed. 

Free weekend club football wise also because Scotland v Costa Rica on Friday 23rd. 

Edited by Guest

With a bit of discussion with interested parties including television, you would have thought they could have selected a venue date and time for the final before the competition even started.  Teams entering would be entering on condition they accept those details.  Maybe word will break out on March 23rd.

Just now, DoofersDad said:

With a bit of discussion with interested parties including television, you would have thought they could have selected a venue date and time for the final before the competition even started.  Teams entering would be entering on condition they accept those details.  Maybe word will break out on March 23rd.

Learning points for next year. Don't want RC having the same hassle next season. :clapoverhead: